Shoutbox

Gears of War 2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Gears of War 2 (/showthread.php?tid=86174)

Gears of War 2 by Jimbo on 09-26-2008 at 08:41 PM

Well theres only 41 days to do and i myself am really looking forward to.
Ive already preordered it and was wondering how many of you have pre-ordered or are going to get it?

RE: Gears of War 2 by prashker on 09-26-2008 at 08:48 PM

It'll be leaked, and when it does, my uTorrent will be open :)

RE: Gears of War 2 by Eljay on 09-26-2008 at 08:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
It'll be leaked, and when it does, my uTorrent will be open :)

CliffyB will hunt you pirates down.

[Image: gowguy.jpg]

Haven't preordered it yet, but I will soon so I chose that option :P
RE: Gears of War 2 by prashker on 09-26-2008 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
CliffyB will hunt you pirates down.
oh shit---
RE: Gears of War 2 by vaccination on 09-26-2008 at 09:37 PM

pre-ordered collectors edition a while back.

RE: Gears of War 2 by andrewdodd13 on 09-26-2008 at 10:41 PM

I'll buy it when it comes out.

I still need to finish the first one on Insane, argh... Admittedly, I think I only started Act 4 then went back to work or something, but never mind.

41 days you say.

So Fable 2, Gears of War 2 and Wrath of the Lich King are all coming out at the same time. That. SUCKS.

RE: Gears of War 2 by vaccination on 09-27-2008 at 08:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13

So Fable 2, Gears of War 2 and Wrath of the Lich King are all coming out at the same time. That. SUCKS.
and Fallout 3, and Mirrors Edge, and Far Cry 28-)
RE: RE: Gears of War 2 by andrewdodd13 on 09-27-2008 at 09:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

I am going to be very poor in November.

Admittedly, I've not played Fallout (or 2), or Far Cry (I do have it though...), and I've not heard of Mirrors Edge.

So now I'll be buying 8 games rather than 3. Ta. :)
RE: Gears of War 2 by zach on 09-27-2008 at 12:51 PM

I need to preorder collectors edition soon, I'm a sucker for preorder gifts.

RE: Gears of War 2 by vaccination on 09-27-2008 at 01:26 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

I am going to be very poor in November.

Admittedly, I've not played Fallout (or 2), or Far Cry (I do have it though...), and I've not heard of Mirrors Edge.

So now I'll be buying 8 games rather than 3. Ta. :)
;>
RE: Gears of War 2 by Th3rmal on 09-27-2008 at 02:29 PM

Fable 2 is also something that looks really good, although iirc only for xbox 360 :(

RE: Gears of War 2 by Volv on 09-27-2008 at 03:51 PM

I'm really not that sure about GoW2, I mean the original was pretty poor - sure it had some great graphics and original (at the time) mechanics, but the [largely non-existent] story was terrible and to be honest one of the things I value most in a game is the story.
I probably won't be getting Gears of War 2 on the day of release as there's a bunch of other great games I'd rather get (Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, Fable 2) although I probably will end up getting it because of Xbox Live peer pressure (if all my mates are playing it online I'm gonna feel awfully left out) :P

RE: Gears of War 2 by Eljay on 09-27-2008 at 04:18 PM

GOW is all about the online mode really. The story is only really good when played in co-op, especially with it being 4 player now.

I'll just throw yet another game into this discussion, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts (this is going to be an expensive few months)
Definitely one to pre-order, because you get a free code to download the original game from XBLA for free :banana:

Oh, and The Last Remnant should be good, as long as it's nothing like Infinite Undiscovery.

RE: Gears of War 2 by prashker on 09-27-2008 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
:D!
RE: Gears of War 2 by Volv on 09-27-2008 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
I was really hyped about this game, then when they announced the vehicles I was somewhat... surprised but was still sure that Rare would live up to their N64 BK reputation, but as more and more gameplay videos are being released I find myself being deterred from buying and it's kind of sad really because I was such a big fan of the original and its sequel :(

My little list of games to look out for in October (XBOX 360 titles, although most aren't exclusives):
Dead Space
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

and November :P:
Mirror's Edge
Call of Duty: World at War
Gears of War 2
Prince of Persia
Sonic Unleashed (I wouldn't normally be very interested in a modern Sonic game but this one definitely looks better than previous games)
The Last Remnant
RE: Gears of War 2 by vaccination on 09-27-2008 at 11:07 PM

I never noticed the apparently poor story of GoW that everyone bitches about, quite frankly I was having too much fun.

But they've got a kick ass story this time they say. Either way, the multiplayer's where it's at.

RE: Gears of War 2 by Volv on 10-09-2008 at 07:29 AM

Hmm big decision, Far Cry 2 or Fable 2? They're both released on the same date...

RE: Gears of War 2 by Th3rmal on 10-09-2008 at 07:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Hmm big decision, Far Cry 2 or Fable 2? They're both released on the same date...
both?

finally posting freak

RE: RE: Gears of War 2 by Volv on 10-09-2008 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
both?

finally posting freak

Useless response.
RE: Gears of War 2 by user27089 on 10-09-2008 at 08:26 AM

There's too much coming out in the run up to christmas, it's really annoying. I've pre-ordered Fable II because I loved the original, but haven't bothered with Gears of War 2... I'm not sure why, I actually bought an Xbox 360 for the original Gears of War and loved it, just this time around I'm too bloody busy.

I'm looking forward to getting:

• Fable II
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Prince of Persia
  • Silent Hill: Homecoming
  • Gears of War 2
  • Final Fantasy XII
I'm very unsure about Fallout 3. I've never played any of the others and am a massive fan of Oblivion, but I'm not sure whether I can justify getting another game of that scale. It's unfair to my personal health :p.

RE: RE: Gears of War 2 by Discrate on 10-09-2008 at 08:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
There's too much coming out in the run up to christmas, it's really annoying. I've pre-ordered Fable II because I loved the original, but haven't bothered with Gears of War 2... I'm not sure why, I actually bought an Xbox 360 for the original Gears of War and loved it, just this time around I'm too bloody busy.

I'm looking forward to getting:
  • Fable II
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Prince of Persia
  • Silent Hill: Homecoming
  • Gears of War 2
  • Final Fantasy XII
I'm very unsure about Fallout 3. I've never played any of the others and am a massive fan of Oblivion, but I'm not sure whether I can justify getting another game of that scale. It's unfair to my personal health :p.

Resident Evil 5 will be awesome :P