Shoutbox

Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? (/showthread.php?tid=86194)

Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by dizzy on 09-28-2008 at 07:25 AM

Anyone else feel FB is ruined? There are hundreds of protest groups on there but the biggest is called -

"1,000,000 people against the new facebook layout!" with 2.6 million members so far! Please join the cause if you agree.

I for one am turning back towards forums etc. for a lively, online experience!

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by L. Coyote on 09-28-2008 at 07:38 AM

There should be an option for those of us who don't give a crap.

RE: RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by dizzy on 09-28-2008 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by L. Coyote

Lol yeah sorry :) Ammended ;)
RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by L. Coyote on 09-28-2008 at 08:04 AM

Woot!

Personally, I like both layouts, but I don't really care what the site looks like. It's not like I spend hours there.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by Vilkku on 09-28-2008 at 08:06 AM

I prefer the new one, I love the way how everything is integrated in the wall, and most of all, how all those crappy applications are not in my face whenever I open someone profile.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by Curtis on 09-28-2008 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I prefer the new one, I love the way how everything is integrated in the wall, and most of all, how all those crappy applications are not in my face whenever I open someone profile.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by Jarrod on 09-28-2008 at 08:30 AM

can't tell tbh, probably haven't looked hard enough

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by RaPLeX on 09-28-2008 at 09:26 AM

At first sight it seems hard but i liked the new one,the lay outs better than old.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by joey on 09-28-2008 at 09:49 AM

im proud to say ive never even typed facebook in my awesome bar, or looked at anyone's profile or anything and hopefully never will. the closest contact ive had with it is looking at nile's sig. (H)

RE: RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by djdannyp on 09-28-2008 at 10:19 AM

quote:

Absolutely agree with this.  The new one is really polished and stylish.....the old one was a bit basic (but then again that's what you expect from a site's first incarnation)

Definitely love how they've banished most applications to a tab rather than the main profile page - some stupid people's pages took AAAAGES to load because they had every application under the sun
RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by Chrono on 09-28-2008 at 10:52 AM

quote:
how all those crappy applications are not in my face whenever I open someone profile.
Exactly! I think the new layout is way better, as you dont have to scroll through all the damn annoying and stupid applications that your newbie friends have installed, in order to find the wall and be able to post :P

And that's exactly why they are complaining, they want their newb applications back in their main page :( No way!
RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by absorbation on 09-28-2008 at 12:07 PM

I don't prefer it, but I don't dislike it either :P.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by Basilis on 09-28-2008 at 12:08 PM

I don't use Facebook much so it makes no difference to me. I think the new one is better though.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by Spunky on 09-28-2008 at 12:19 PM

The new one is less cluttered... It seems a bit weird at first. If people don't like it, they shouldn't use it any more.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by mezzanine on 09-28-2008 at 12:22 PM

Change is important. People will get over it, eventually.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by RebelSean on 09-28-2008 at 03:40 PM

It's not the best design I've saw, but it's definately an improvement from the previous version.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by roflmao456 on 09-28-2008 at 05:23 PM

(Y). new one is better for my screen :)
the old one is squished into like 600px width + apps all over the profiles ;/

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by andrewbimmer on 09-30-2008 at 11:54 AM

The new one looks much refined.
Hope we will be used to this layout in a few weeks.
(Y)

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by matty on 09-30-2008 at 01:05 PM

Change is always good it is less cluttered and is more of an integrated service. I am much happier with this one as I don't need to see my friends pages with 300+  applications.

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by ipab on 09-30-2008 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Change is always good it is less cluttered and is more of an integrated service. I am much happier with this one as I don't need to see my friends pages with 300+  applications.

Well put. I'm just sick and tired of people bitching about it...

For the  record, I've been using the "new" facebook for well over 4 months, so I guess I'm used to it now, it really is a step in the right direction for the company... for a while there, they were veering in the direction of myspace, somewhat of a scary thought O_o
RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by Rolando on 09-30-2008 at 04:36 PM

It's much better than the old one 8-|

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by BüYüCü on 09-30-2008 at 10:27 PM

I didnt like the new facebook, old version was more clear :)

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by user27089 on 09-30-2008 at 10:52 PM

At first I didn't like the change, but now that I'm used to it I can see how much better it is. It's very different to other similar sites like bebo or myspace - the new wall system etc.

Trust me, it'll be like the changes they made to Myspace etc, once you get used to it, you will prefer it. They wouldn't make any changes for the worst, they know what they're doing more than some fourty year old women who are in that 1,000,000 strong group thing.

RE: RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by djdannyp on 09-30-2008 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by L. Coyote

This annoys me now that there have been twice as many votes for that option than any of the other options.

If you don't care, don't vote

RE: Do you hate the new Facebook layout?? by NiteMare on 10-01-2008 at 02:05 AM

i care, i like how i've been able to avoid facebook like the plague