Shoutbox

windows live messenger and iphone - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: windows live messenger and iphone (/showthread.php?tid=86219)

windows live messenger and iphone by dizzy on 09-28-2008 at 09:32 PM

Is there a windows live application I can install on my new iphone? I can't find one. Is there any way I can use messenger on my iphone?

RE: windows live messenger and iphone by Chris4 on 09-28-2008 at 09:44 PM

Microsoft are unlikely to write a app for rival Apple's iPhone, so I highly doubt there will ever be an official app for WLM.

The IM+ All-in-One Messenger and Palringo Instant Messenger apps for iPhone supports Windows Live Messenger.

Alternatively, you can use a web-based messenger like Meebo for iPhone or Beejive.

RE: windows live messenger and iphone by Spunky on 09-28-2008 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Microsoft are unlikely to write a app for rival Apple's iPhone, so I highly doubt there will ever be an official app for WLM.

The IM+ All-in-One Messenger app for iPhone supports Windows Live Messenger.

Alternatively, you can use a web-based messenger like Meebo for iPhone or Beejive.

I'll bring you attention to:
Office
Internet Explorer
Messenger

and many more... Microsoft will still make money from making applications for other platforms ;)
RE: windows live messenger and iphone by dizzy on 09-28-2008 at 10:01 PM

Thank you both. Do you contacts receive/accept an invite or can you just move them across do you know?

RE: windows live messenger and iphone by ShawnZ on 09-28-2008 at 10:54 PM

it's a shame you didn't just get a proper smartphone that has messenger, office, etc built in (for cheaper) :<

RE: RE: windows live messenger and iphone by dizzy on 10-02-2008 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
it's a shame you didn't just get a proper smartphone that has messenger, office, etc built in (for cheaper) :<

I had a Windows phone (Vario MDA) previously but succumbed to the sexy iphone on Sunday.

I got around the hotmail email problem by signing into the msn mobile home page on the browser and adding it as a window??? ... okay, a square!!, on my home page. I now have access to hotmail and a version of messenger.
RE: windows live messenger and iphone by kao on 10-02-2008 at 10:09 PM

Get Palringo, it does WLM as well as everything else. There are a few other WLM clients but Palringo is the best.

RE: RE: windows live messenger and iphone by dizzy on 10-02-2008 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kao
Get Palringo, it does WLM as well as everything else. There are a few other WLM clients but Palringo is the best.

I actually downloaded Palringo but was put off because it looked like you had to invite your contacts all over again rather than just import your list, so I deleted it.

RE: windows live messenger and iphone by Jarrod on 10-02-2008 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dizzy
quote:
Originally posted by kao

I actually downloaded Palringo but was put off because it looked like you had to invite your contacts all over again rather than just import your list, so I deleted it.
isn't all that crap server side?
RE: windows live messenger and iphone by ipab on 10-03-2008 at 06:27 AM

MobileChat

Best app ever :).

RE: windows live messenger and iphone by kao on 10-04-2008 at 01:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dizzy
quote:
Originally posted by kao

No, you make a palringo account then log in to your wlm accounts, all contacts appear.