Shoutbox

[Request] Remember Session's Conversation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Remember Session's Conversation (/showthread.php?tid=86236)

[Request] Remember Session's Conversation by sayoko on 09-29-2008 at 08:48 AM

Hi there,

I'm the type of person who doesn't prefer to keep actual chat log files of my conversations.  However, I do like to keep track of my current session's conversation with my contacts.  I tend to close conversation windows when they get too long, or sometimes just out of habit so I lose my chat session quite frequently.

Google Talk has the best example of how the Session Logger works.  It basically saves that logged in session temporarily so when you open a recently closed conversation, the old conversation remains (until you log out).  Something like a clear chat log can be helpful or it can automatically truncate itself after a certain number of lines.

Thanks for hearing me out and I apologize if this has already been brought up in the past.

RE: [Request] Remember Session's Conversation by Spunky on 09-29-2008 at 11:11 AM

Unfortunately, scripts cannot interact with the actual message history box in a Conversation window. Otherwise this could be done quite easily really. It's just not gonna happen (short of attaching a new window and editing a text box on that, which is a very flawed way of doing it)