Shoutbox

sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? (/showthread.php?tid=86268)

sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? by guanako on 09-29-2008 at 07:14 PM

my sister has beta and i have 8.5 we shared folders forever before she upgraded so now it just says that her Msgr doesnt have sharing folders, how can still share alot of files with her?

RE: sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? by djdannyp on 09-29-2008 at 07:40 PM

The new beta uses Windows Live SkyDrive (which has a 5GB capacity) instead of sharing folders.

http://skydrive.live.com/welcome.aspx?provision=1

If you go there you can sign in with your WLM address (your Live passport)

You can create folders just for yourself, ones that only specific friends will be able to access and ones that all friends can see

RE: sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? by guanako on 09-29-2008 at 09:18 PM

yeah i know but she doesnt like the idea of saving images one by one...i mean in sharing folders they were right there...

RE: sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? by djdannyp on 09-29-2008 at 09:20 PM

you could always zip/rar a folder full of pictures and upload that file, then she can just download a single zip file and extract it to get all the pictures

[offtopic]also, if you're a tester, shouldn't you have upgraded to the new beta by now :P[/offtopic]

RE: sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? by guanako on 09-29-2008 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

[offtopic]also, if you're a tester, shouldn't you have upgraded to the new beta by now :P[/offtopic]
I am victim of the bug where i created a group and then deleted it, after that i couldnt log in anymore....so i went back to 8.5.. :(

and i think i'll just make a zip file... hehe
RE: sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? by RebelSean on 09-29-2008 at 09:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
yeah i know but she doesnt like the idea of saving images one by one...i mean in sharing folders they were right there...

Saving them in the shared folders and in SkyDrive is almost the same thing. You can access them locally on any machine, they're just hosted online. If you want to get something like "Sharing Folders" back, I would suggest using Live Mesh. I'm not sure if the beta has opened to the general public, but it's a very nifty program. I use it on my home network :).
RE: sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? by guanako on 09-29-2008 at 09:54 PM

i read about this two hehe i know that pretty soon both will become one...i will play aroud with them now thanks!

RE: sharing folder between WLM beta and 8.5? HOW DO I? by erfajo on 01-07-2009 at 07:39 AM

try using "Live Sync" (sync.live.com) og "Live Mesh" beta (www.mesh.com) both are a part of Microsoft Live Applications.

Best regards
Erik Falck Jørgensen

-------
Sorry my crummy english :-)