Shoutbox

Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail (/showthread.php?tid=86288)

Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by M73A on 09-30-2008 at 02:07 AM

is it possible to get hold of the pop3 settings from an email account (my uni one) from the outlook webmail webpage. i want to set it up on my phone so i get emails about cancelled lectures etc!

RE: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by rav0 on 09-30-2008 at 02:15 AM

It's not shown inside Outlook Web Access. You could ask for pop3 access, but it doesn't necessarily exist at all.

RE: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by MeEtc on 09-30-2008 at 02:36 AM

Get a phone that supports outlook web access |-)

RE: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by ipab on 09-30-2008 at 02:49 AM

What uni do you go to?

RE: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by Adeptus on 09-30-2008 at 03:27 AM

POP3 and IMAP are not enabled by default in Exchange.   If your administrator enabled them, in most configurations they would run on the same server(s) as OWA (webmail), so you can try that and see what happens.  Of course, you could also try asking your IT department.  :)

MeEtc has a good suggestion too.  Knowing him, he probably means Blackberry -- however, iPhone and anything running Windows Mobile support Exchange ActiveSync (OMA), which is installed along with and at the same place as OWA, so you almost certainly have that.

RE: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by Jarrod on 09-30-2008 at 02:15 PM

get a phone that supports exchange:P
or forward all your email with out of office or something to your isp's email account and use that:/

RE: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by ipab on 09-30-2008 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
or forward all your email with out of office or something to your isp's email account and use that:/

Use gmail. I do that with my email account at uni right now... it's pretty awesome.
RE: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by Jarrod on 09-30-2008 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod

Use gmail. I do that with my email account at uni right now... it's pretty awesome.
great idea i forgot about gmail:) do that:P

RE: Finding Pop3/imap settings from outlook webmail by M73A on 09-30-2008 at 10:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
What uni do you go to?
Brunel,

hm, ill have to find the techies first lol.

edit:

oh wow! i used microsoft exchange, and it works! :)

thanks guys, wasn't to sure how to do it or what exchange was but its working now :D