Shoutbox

Erasing the Disply pix from the PC.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Erasing the Disply pix from the PC.. (/showthread.php?tid=86359)

Erasing the Disply pix from the PC.. by AD Hook on 10-02-2008 at 09:53 AM

Hi Everyone,,

I've been trying to erase the pictures that were shown to me by the display picture in the MSN Messenger from my computer what so ever, I mean I don't want any program such as CE/DP stealer to track down any picture shown to me. In other words, I want the pictures that were displyed to me to be erased from my computer and not having any program to get it out from it...

I've tried many Internet eraser I also followed the instructions of deleting the MSN messenger and its cache once and for all( in this link:[url]
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68265&pid=752237[/url])

but unfortunatly I tried the CE/DP stealer afterward and it also still bring the pix..
:(

Therefore, I hope that someone can help me in ereasing these pictures from my PC. Or show me from where does the CE/DP stealer bring the pix

I know that it's usually the reverse, the people are searching for the pix that were displayed to them not to delete it from their computer..

but I hope that anyone can help me since I want to get rid of these pictures from my PC and not having anyone accessing it..

take care,

RE: Erasing the Disply pix from the PC.. by Mike on 10-02-2008 at 02:03 PM

The display pictures and custom emoticons that have been downloaded from other contacts can be found here:

code:
%temp%\MessengerCache\
:)
RE: Erasing the Disply pix from the PC.. by Th3rmal on 10-02-2008 at 02:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
The display pictures and custom emoticons that have been downloaded from other contacts can be found here:
code:
%temp%\MessengerCache\
quote:
I've tried many Internet eraser I also followed the instructions of deleting the MSN messenger and its cache once and for all
I think theyve already done that, but its still being stored somewhere else as well seeming as the CE/DP stealer still shows the pics.

You will probably have to find the folder (or file) where stuffplug stores its CE/DP's, and delete them from there, as well as the cache.

RE: Erasing the Disply pix from the PC.. by Spunky on 10-02-2008 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
quote:
code:
%temp%\MessengerCache\
quote:
I've tried many Internet eraser I also followed the instructions of deleting the MSN messenger and its cache once and for all
I think theyve already done that, but its still being stored somewhere else as well seeming as the CE/DP stealer still shows the pics.

You will probably have to find the folder (or file) where stuffplug stores its CE/DP's, and delete them from there, as well as the cache.

Yeah, if you cleared your cache, but they still show in th CE/DP stealer then the stealer has already saved them to another location and so the will need to deleted from there...

RE: Erasing the Disply pix from the PC.. by AD Hook on 10-03-2008 at 10:08 AM

Thank you everybody I really appriciate that..

and special thanks to Mike ;)

and for the argument above I removed the program before and then I did mike's advise after that I reinstalled the program and it gave me 0 files found..

is there any chance that I still have those pix..?? and having the program not finding it while they still exist..??

again thanks everyone..  :)