Shoutbox

Suggestion - webcam option - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion - webcam option (/showthread.php?tid=86384)

Suggestion - webcam option by dede2008 on 10-03-2008 at 07:58 PM

as we all know in wlm 8.5 and previous versions, when a contact hides that they have a webcam, u can still ask them a webcam invitation via the actions menu on top of the conversation, but in the new wave 3 beta that option is grayed out when the camera is hidden, would be nice to make that option never to gray out if thats possible for the new msgplus that patchou is working on

also would be nice since most people have high resolution screens, to make an option in the webcam size view to custom or sumthing then u can enter the preferred size, since large is not that big on an big screen with a high resolution

and also maybe adding a recorder? save webcam sessions in avi or sumthing

RE: Suggestion - webcam option by Spunky on 10-03-2008 at 11:17 PM

I'm sure you could re-create the protocol message that sends the invitation, but it's not something MP!L* will do, maybe StuffPlug or Messenger Discovery Live.

*MP!L will apparently not be made to interact on a protocol level :( lol

Can you still right click on the contact in the contact list to do it? (Can't check atm as I'm not signed in)

RE: Suggestion - webcam option by djdannyp on 10-03-2008 at 11:27 PM

You can still start a video call even if the contact has their webcam hidden

@SLM naa, you can't right click in the contact list anymore, even if they do have their webcam showing

RE: Suggestion - webcam option by Link_of_Hyrule on 10-04-2008 at 11:08 AM

It would be nice to see custom video sizes I remember you could do full screen in old versions of messenger idk if that was caused by plus or if it was actually messenger though also it would be great to have a "Large" option avaliable for display pictures.

RE: Suggestion - webcam option by dede2008 on 10-04-2008 at 09:05 PM

|                                                                                         
           |*MP!L will apparently not be made to interact on a           
           |protocol level  lol                                                               
           |_____________________________________________

would a script be able to do it then?

RE: Suggestion - webcam option by Spunky on 10-04-2008 at 11:50 PM

No, scripts (through the ActiveX OCX 'Xniff') can only read these messages... not sent them. Alternative languages can be used to send data, but it cannot be done with Plus!