Shoutbox

CMS reccomendations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: CMS reccomendations (/showthread.php?tid=86388)

CMS reccomendations by MeEtc on 10-04-2008 at 02:34 AM

Looking for some help again
does anybody have any suggestions for a CMS that can be embedded into a current web page that runs on PHP, and can be added with just some php include links or something similar?

RE: CMS reccomendations by Jarrod on 10-04-2008 at 03:06 AM

wordpress?

RE: CMS reccomendations by prashker on 10-04-2008 at 03:08 AM

not what he's looking for :p

RE: CMS reccomendations by MeEtc on 10-04-2008 at 03:13 AM

Wordpress has its own template and plugin systems, and is overpowered for what I need.
All I want is the ability to put a php include to show like the latest 5 news posts or whatever, and be able to navigate through the rest, somewhere to add and edit articles. I don't need anything else. No extra features, don't even need multiple user support.

RE: CMS reccomendations by roflmao456 on 10-04-2008 at 03:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Wordpress has its own template and plugin systems, and is overpowered for what I need.
All I want is the ability to put a php include to show like the latest 5 news posts or whatever, and be able to navigate through the rest, somewhere to add and edit articles. I don't need anything else. No extra features, don't even need multiple user support.
cutenews :P
RE: CMS reccomendations by MeEtc on 10-04-2008 at 03:59 AM

Looks good, I might use it, but any other suggestions first?

RE: CMS reccomendations by NiteMare on 10-04-2008 at 04:02 AM

http://www.fusionnews.net/

RE: CMS reccomendations by Thor on 10-04-2008 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Looking for some help again
does anybody have any suggestions for a CMS that can be embedded into a current web page that runs on PHP, and can be added with just some php include links or something similar?
That's not really a CMS per say, but I'd recommend using MODxCMS (even if you're just looking for something to include()). It's got a bit more, but it's really kind to the designer and developer.
RE: CMS reccomendations by MeEtc on 10-04-2008 at 07:19 AM

Well, just reading the description on their home page already tells me its a bit too much horse power than what I need.

I've decided to go with fusionnews after speaking with nitemare. Its almost identical it seems to cutenews, it just lacks the security holes (according to nitemare

RE: CMS reccomendations by YottabyteWizard on 10-05-2008 at 02:50 PM

- Joomla!
- Drupal

I like both of them.

RE: CMS reccomendations by prashker on 10-05-2008 at 04:52 PM

Still too much for what he's looking for :p.

ffs, I still can't remember my awesome one, it had a great design and all you needed to put in was a div :(

RE: CMS reccomendations by tony on 10-05-2008 at 05:04 PM

Cutenews is what you're looking for :p

RE: CMS reccomendations by NiteMare on 10-05-2008 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
Cutenews is what you're looking for :p
Cutenews has far too many security flaws, I've have had my news deleted so many times from that crap program
RE: CMS reccomendations by MeEtc on 10-05-2008 at 08:08 PM

Anyway, as I said I'll be using fusion news. Its almosr functionally identical to cute news anyway. The only problem I'm having with it, is its giving a php notice level error on the page I'm including it on:
http://local.meetcweb.com/yass/

RE: CMS reccomendations by NiteMare on 10-05-2008 at 08:43 PM

its just a notice, so you should be able to turn the notices off, if not ask on the webstie

RE: CMS reccomendations by Menthix on 10-05-2008 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
its just a notice, so you should be able to turn the notices off
Good code doesn't produce notices, I'd rather check what's wrong. If it's just one notice it should be pretty easy to fix.
RE: RE: CMS reccomendations by MeEtc on 10-05-2008 at 10:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Good code doesn't produce notices, I'd rather check what's wrong. If it's just one notice it should be pretty easy to fix.
Exactly correct MenthiX. The notice itself is "array to string conversion" for a str_replace function that parses the contents of a template page. The error is only shown when using php include on the one news.php. Including any other page does not produce the notice, and just including the generated content do not produce the error either.

As for the message itself, its most definitly a string that's being parsed, no array that I'm aware of.
RE: CMS reccomendations by ShawnZ on 10-06-2008 at 01:10 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Exactly correct MenthiX. The notice itself is "array to string conversion" for a str_replace function that parses the contents of a template page. The error is only shown when using php include on the one news.php. Including any other page does not produce the notice, and just including the generated content do not produce the error either.

As for the message itself, its most definitly a string that's being parsed, no array that I'm aware of.

uh, pretty sure the notice is in your code :p
RE: CMS reccomendations by MeEtc on 10-06-2008 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Uh, pretty sure its not, because I only get the message after I include the news page that's NOT mine :p
RE: CMS reccomendations by NiteMare on 10-06-2008 at 01:48 AM

well, what is line 61 in common_func.php?

RE: CMS reccomendations by ShawnZ on 10-06-2008 at 01:49 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
Uh, pretty sure its not, because I only get the message after I include the news page that's NOT mine :p

well, is common_func your file or not? :p
RE: CMS reccomendations by MeEtc on 10-06-2008 at 06:47 AM

found the problem, variable conflicts between my files and the CMS. luckily, the variable in question (for languages), was only needed for the installer. Delete the variable array contents, and presto, no more error