Shoutbox

Other e-mail accounts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Other e-mail accounts (/showthread.php?tid=86403)

Other e-mail accounts by Grem34 on 10-04-2008 at 09:07 PM

I want to set up so that my Messenger Plus checks my other Hotmail account, but it asks for my e-mail server - how do I find this out, I can't seem to find it anywhere on the hotmail website?

RE: Other e-mail accounts by Menthix on 10-04-2008 at 09:31 PM

This is not possible. Unfortunately Hotmail doesn't support POP3, so it doesn't have a server address you can check.

RE: Other e-mail accounts by Mauron on 10-04-2008 at 10:51 PM

It would be useful if MP!L could allow to know if we have received e-mails on another hotmail address!

RE: Other e-mail accounts by djdannyp on 10-04-2008 at 10:55 PM

This can only be done using polygamy (a feature of Plus allowing you to open multiple instances of wlm)

as in you sign into a second instance of messenger using your other hotmail address, and then you will receive pop-up notifications when you get an e-mail through on that one

As was previously said, Hotmail doesn't support POP3 so cannot be added as an e-mail account in Plus

RE: Other e-mail accounts by Nagamasa on 10-04-2008 at 11:27 PM

Well it is possible in Hotmail to forward emails to other Hotmail addresses. It is available in their Options menu.

RE: Other e-mail accounts by Grem34 on 10-05-2008 at 09:27 AM

Thanks for your help. I do sign in to both addresses on msn - but I don't have any messenger contacts with the 2nd address, so don't use it, and was hoping i'd be able to check my e-mails through my first account! Ah well, thanks for the help :)