Shoutbox

Windows Live Communications Platform Error! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! (/showthread.php?tid=86413)

Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by FlipStar on 10-05-2008 at 01:25 PM

:@:@:@:@:@

Can anyone pretty please help me? I have looked on all the forums on the net and cannot find a solution.

Basically when I sign into any account using Live 9 (any version 9), after 5 seconds windows live communications platform (wlcomm.exe) crashes and the sign-in process stops.

Basically I have tried recommended solutions:

I have deleted wlcomm.exe and reinstalled - nup
I have set my Live Account to US - no...
Uninstalled, used program to fully clean uninstall -> reinstall - nup

Any previous versions (8.5 and before) work fine. Firewalls/antivirus disabled, but it worked before so why shouldn't it work now. Used malwarebytes to sweep viruses, none found.

I really want to use the new version ^^

Appreciate any help

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Jarrod on 10-05-2008 at 01:53 PM

well you could just wait like most people, that version is unsupported because you technically not meant to have it

RE: RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Vilkku on 10-05-2008 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
well you could just wait like most people, that version is unsupported because you technically not meant to have it
Eh, what? WLM9 is now in public beta.
RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Jarrod on 10-05-2008 at 02:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
sorry my bad i thought it was just another leaked one, still the beta was crap last time i checked, i missed all my plus scripts and my skin
RE: RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Vilkku on 10-05-2008 at 03:13 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
sorry my bad i thought it was just another leaked one, still the beta was crap last time i checked, i missed all my plus scripts and my skin
Yes because Plus! does not work with WLM9, but that is off the subject.
RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by FlipStar on 10-05-2008 at 03:40 PM

:( wlcomm.exe keep crashing...

Well I've tried it on my XP and Vista pc's and same problem.

Yes I know about the leaked versions and I did install them and still the same as now. :(

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by maskus on 01-04-2009 at 05:16 AM

hi, im kinda new but... my friend got this one to work. dunno how but he uses the new Windows 7, and Messenger beta works. :)

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by froznb on 01-14-2009 at 03:32 AM

Hello there! Well I've been trying to gather some info about that. Until I have anything else I leave you with this:

First ask Windows to let you view your hidden folders. For that click go to "Tools/Folder Options" in your Tools Bar. There go to the "View" tab and check the "Show all hidden files and folders" radio button, click ok.

Then go to your System Drive (should be C:) and go  (Under Windows XP) to Documents and Settings/YourUserFolder/Contacts and delete what you see there, if there's something.

After that keep moving to Documents and Settings/YourUserFolder/Local Settings/Program Data/Microsoft/Windows Live Contacts and delete everything you see in that folder.

In Windows Vista/Windows 7 You should go to C:/Users/YourUserFolder/Contacts and delete the files you see there.

Restart WLM and see if that solved your problem =D!

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by albertomagana on 01-17-2009 at 01:17 AM

Hi, the same happened here, but after hours of searching found that disabling NVidia FirstPacket everything works great, hope that this works, if not:

Possible Fix 1: nVidia nForce driver components

I have an EVGA i650 Ultra motherboard in my system with the nForce drivers installed. Either of the two following nForce driver components / features might cause this problem in Vista.

1. nVidia MediaShield
   2. nVidia - ForceWare Network Access Manager

Uninstall them to see if it clears up the issue. I uninstalled both of them and it was fixed, so it could be either.

Possible Cause 2: Vista's DEP Protection

To fix this issue, you might need to disable DEP in Vista. To disable DEP, perform the following (found these steps HERE.)

1. Click Start
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. Right Click on Command Prompt
5. Left click on Run as Administrator
6. Click the Allow button if it asks you for permission
7. Type or copy and paste this into the command prompt window:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

8. You should see the message "Operation Completed Successfully"
9. Reboot and DEP should be off.

For more information regarding DEP, what it is and how it affects your web-based applications. Checkout this link.

Possible Cause 3: Administrator Mode

You may also want to try running the application as an administrator. You can do this by right clicking on the short-cut, selecting properties and checking the "Run as administrator" box.

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by makoshark on 03-17-2009 at 03:07 PM

albertomagana

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error!
Hi, the same happened here, but after hours of searching found that disabling NVidia FirstPacket everything works great, hope that this works, if not:

thanks, this actualy worked.

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Cortana on 03-24-2009 at 07:12 PM

Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

It continues to say this and if I don't click on either SEND ERROR REPORT OR DON'T SEND the msn continues to run as normally it's just crazy...

Plz help...

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by lisafranken on 03-31-2009 at 03:50 PM

can anyone help me?

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    wlcomm.exe
Application Version:    14.0.8064.206
Application Timestamp:    498cddf7
Fault Module Name:    ADVAPI32.dll
Fault Module Version:    6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp:    4791a64b
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0002b68e
OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:    1043
Additional Information 1:    8053
Additional Information 2:    0a945b62bf6469ba48c1bcd048acbbc6
Additional Information 3:    382d
Additional Information 4:    f3dbe13fe220264cbfaefeb75248fdf4

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    1141397402

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Mr. Bandit on 03-31-2009 at 04:06 PM

Window Live Communications Platform has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If i touch Send Error Report or Don't Sent the MSN Close.

Error Report Contains:

Error Signature

AppName: wlcomm.exe           AppVer: 14.0.8064.206             

ModName: kernel32.dll           ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512

Offset: 00009eca

Some peope with this problem it has SOLVE and can help    :S

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by onionfx on 04-11-2009 at 12:16 PM

This worked for me:

quote:
1---C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts
2---right clcik properties of wlcomm.exe
3---click compatibility
4--- Run on windows 95
5--- tick disable visual effects
6--- clcik OK

7---> and presto your problem is solved
case closed
too good :)

From http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090325221634AAmDNdI

I'm running the NVidia firewall (pre FirstPaAcket though I think)

Lurve the fact win 95 mode makes it work! (though I guess most of the others would too)

Hope this helps the community!

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by cwalk92222 on 06-05-2009 at 07:29 PM

[size=4]Everyone, you are in luck. Simply delete Norton 360 from your programs, then restart.
Vista ticks me off.
anyway, enjoy messenger.

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Darkness_invasion on 07-05-2009 at 03:53 PM

I hope this help .
I had same problem , and i notice that when i use other web browser like "opera , Firefox etc..." as default web browser This error appear .
and when i made Internet explorer as default web browser this error was disappeared.

Try to make Microsoft internet explorer as default web browser. To do that :
1-Start ---- > All programs ----> Set program access and defaults
2-Custom ---- > Choose a default web browser , Check "Internet explorer" Radio button .

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by delix3 on 08-02-2009 at 09:38 PM

I had the same problem . I emailed the Help Center, etc, and did everything they told me to. After doing that , when I tried to sign into Messenger, it wouldn't let me sign in at all.

This is what I did:
Click Start
In the start search bar Type Programs and Features
Click on Programs and Features.
Delete everything that involves Windows Live.
Windows Live Essentials, Windows Live Sync, Windows Live Upload Tool, Windows Live Sign-in Assistant.

Then, reinstall a fresh version of Windows Live Messenger and it should work after that. It worked fine for me after all of this.

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by th1rteen on 08-18-2009 at 01:29 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has found a definite solution for this, but after reading this thread (among other BBs) this is what worked for me:

1. Uninstall NVidia ForceWare Network Access Manager. If uninstalling through the default windows installer does not work, you can go to majorgeeks.com and download Total Uninstall. It's shareware, but will uninstall all of the registry keys/files associated with NFWNAM.

2. Restart.

3. Make sure you are NOT running a custom desktop theme. I was running a custom World of Warcraft desktop and changing it back to default Windows XP theme solved the problem.

I was able to get into Windows Live without moving the wldlog.dll file some sites suggest. I hope this works for all of you having problems!

Some notes: Most users with an ASUS M2N-SLI (Or any asus board with an NVIDIA chipset) are going to have the option to install the NFWNAM. Most people do because they do not know what it is/does. It has some sort of firewall built into it and this stops you from connection CORRECTLY to MSN. You CAN possibly fix it by moving your wldlog.dll (I suggest moving it somewhere safe like My Documents if you do decide to try this solution).

DO NOT DELETE THAT FILE.
That solution worked for me at first, but then I noticed that I couldn't add new contacts unless I was using Windows Messenger, eBuddy, or msn2go. Then once I was back on WLM, the cotact disappeared. Also, the wldlog.dll solution only works (for me) if you've been able to log into WLM before. If you've not logged in, this solution doesn't work.

I hope all of this information is helpful.

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by guggesn on 08-19-2009 at 08:22 PM

Everyone, I've dealt with this today, at an XP client site and it was the NVidia utilities as was suggested above and elsewhere.
Start|CP|Add/Remove Software, and choose NOT the driver(s) but the Network management utility.

In fact, when NVidia Network Manager uninstalls, and if you have LiveMail open (to keep it open with the error, just drag the "I have to close" Popup out of your way, seems to be a useful workaround) and if you have browser open and you try to uninstall NVidia Network thingie, you will be told that LiveMail and Browser are stopping the uninstall and do you want to close those apps.

Forever grateful! Thanks, to all posters with this RIDICULOUS bug

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Reydi on 09-09-2009 at 04:16 AM

what kind of anti-malware did you use?

try to by passing the error-box and use the WML normally.

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Sensations on 09-22-2009 at 04:27 AM

Windows Live Communications Platform Error

I tried many things ..deleted and downloaded like 5 times etc..
Finally the best thing i did was too re-download the WINDOS XP SERVICE PACK 3 AGAIN and it fixed all my problems..
Good Luck
Sensations

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by craigbennett17 on 09-27-2009 at 03:19 PM

try this, it worked for me....simple but it worked

go to start..then my computer...then open your ( c: ) drive
open program files...then scroll down and find your windows live folder and open it...open the contacts folder....right click the wldlog.dll file...click properties....change the name of the file from wldlog.dll to wldlog.dll_resp then click apply or ok, not sure if you can apply it...close this window and make sure the folder name changed inside your contacts folder to wldlog.dll_resp...exit the window entirely and exit your windows live messenger if you had it opened...re-open it and you should sign in without a problem

feedback would be great because i had this problem for a very long time and had a lot of trouble with it and stumbled across this method to fixing the program and it worked for me

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by j3ss on 10-01-2009 at 12:25 PM

thanks craigben,its work

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by Milster on 10-27-2009 at 10:09 AM

I agree worked directly also bij me tryd everything else nothing worked. Thanks craigbennett17.

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by oldwizard40 on 10-28-2009 at 05:53 PM

when i first noticed the Windows Live Communications Platform Error I tried every thing from register cleaners to debugging  and what i finally did was i used the restore program on eh computer and restored back to a time when i did not see the Windows Live Communications Platform Error message and lo and behold it worked  but i have fired off a email to Microsoft about this if they want  us to use the LIVE idea they they better fix things
regards oldwizard

RE: Windows Live Communications Platform Error! by CookieRevised on 11-10-2009 at 09:20 AM

Also see other thread: -SOLVED- Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered .......

Since there are two threads (actually even more) about this issue I'm going to post this here too. But remember to always search the forums first, before making new threads!

anyways...

---------------------------------------------

Please do NOT remove or rename WLDLOG.DLL!!!!
or any other file for that matter

That is the worst you can do!
Removing or renaming that file will cripple your Windows Live Messenger even further!

Yes you might be able to sign in but you wont be able to add contacts, contact syncronization will be crippled, contacts will dissapear from your list, etc...

By removing or renaming files you are actually making things worse. It is not because you can sign in that all the problems will be gone. In fact, a lot more invisible problems will crop up!

And later on, when you want to update you will have even more problems.

Again, removing or renaming files like that is the number one cause why people have so much trouble updating or having other kind of problems.

DO NOT ALTER THE MESSENGER FILES LIKE THAT!

-------

In case you have removed or renamed wldlog.dll, please put it back as it was! And because you probably have altered Messenger in some other ways too, you better of completely removing Messenger and all its components and re-install everything from scratch.

Removing or renaming wldlog.dll is NOT the fix for your problems. Instead, check if you have the nVidea Network utility/Firewall or Forceware Network Access Manager and uninstall that. Those components of your nVidea video driver are realy not needed to be installed. They are however one of the problems causing this issue.

Also, ALWAYS consult and read the official support first, like:
http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...8B853F!15941.entry
^^ = REAL PROPER FIX

Second, if you still have problems, report your problems to Support (instead of trying to fix it on your own by following some bad advise):
http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlm...&ct=eformts&scrx=1