Shoutbox

[Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script (/showthread.php?tid=86459)

[Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by mynetx on 10-07-2008 at 08:36 AM

The only function dealing with sign-in that I found is Messenger::AutoSignin, which does not take any parameters. Question: how to sign in to Messenger using a specified Windows Live ID and corresponding password, both being available as strings in the script? Note: the Live ID does not necessarily be stored for "Remember me" on the PC yet.

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by Felu on 10-07-2008 at 08:53 AM

I don't think there is any such function. I might be wrong though. But what's the point having your password in the script files, anyone could read it there.

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by mynetx on 10-07-2008 at 08:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
what's the point having your password in the script files
I will not have it in the script files, but receive it through an XMLHTTP connection from a foreign host.
RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by Spunky on 10-07-2008 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mynetx
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
what's the point having your password in the script files
I will not have it in the script files, but receive it through an XMLHTTP connection from a foreign host.

Even safer :p
RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by mynetx on 10-07-2008 at 09:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Even safer
Dude, I will receive the login data from a specified host, probably even with an SSL connection, so dont worry about my coding and safety (you should know that I am a very cautious user and developer ;)). I just want to know a way to have the current Messenger process signing in to a specified strLiveId with an also specified strPassword...
RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by Spunky on 10-07-2008 at 10:06 AM

I suppose you could write a batch file and run it (it's a sloppy method though really =/)

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by mynetx on 10-07-2008 at 10:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
I suppose you could write a batch file
What commands/parameters though. And, any other idea?
RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by Stigmata on 10-07-2008 at 10:50 AM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=83736

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by mynetx on 10-07-2008 at 10:58 AM

Thanks Stigmata; I myself have already had a look at the Messenger.UIAutomation ActiveX object, but it does not support polygamy. Else would it be exactly what I need.

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by matty on 10-07-2008 at 11:38 AM

You have to change the default signin name in the registry and launch WLM. This will only work if the user has their password cached.

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by mynetx on 10-07-2008 at 11:43 AM

Well, in my case the password is not cached. I just want to have a specific instance of WLM sign in with Live ID and password, whatever these 2 data are, and: regardless if anybody else is signed in in a different process of WLM already.

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by matty on 10-07-2008 at 01:13 PM

You may be able to use Active Accessibility to set the login information.

But Plus! scripting will not allow you to sign a user in unless their credentials are cached.

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by mynetx on 10-07-2008 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
be able to use Active Accessibility to set the login information
Would you mind helping me out a bit with that or at least pointing me to a relevant example or tutorial? (I couldn't really find out much, even after Googling around...)
RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by matty on 10-08-2008 at 02:11 PM

I will do some testing later to see what I can come up with for you.

RE: [Question] Sign in to Messenger using a script by mynetx on 10-08-2008 at 04:33 PM

Great! :D