Shoutbox

keyboard not workin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: keyboard not workin (/showthread.php?tid=86462)

keyboard not workin by drunkface on 10-07-2008 at 10:14 AM

my laptop keyboard screwed up last night, at first it was just some of the keys then i restarted my laptop and now all the keys don't work, its a high grade laptop,running on vista its not the first time its broke,
i've tried the drivers and pushed every key,
i don't think that any of the keys are sticking.

anyone know what else could be wrong with it?

laura x

RE: keyboard not workin by Lou on 10-07-2008 at 09:08 PM

You'll need to give more details. "Screwed up keys" doesn't tell us what's wrong. Are the keys not working at all, are they displaying incorrect characters? It's important.

RE: keyboard not workin by Divine Dragon on 10-08-2008 at 06:13 AM

I agree, we need more information. What did you do prior to these problems occurring? What information can you give us when 'some' of the keys worked?

If your keyboard uses drivers (and I know few that do), try uninstalling them and reinstalling them, or even rolling back your system. Also make sure there's no physical damage to your keyboard. You may have damaged it's cable or PS/2 USB connector.

Although unlikely, check the port that you connect it into and make sure it's in working condition (plug other devices in etc.) and make sure it's free of dust.

Hope your able to fix your problem. :)

RE: RE: keyboard not workin by segosa on 10-09-2008 at 06:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Divine Dragon
I agree, we need more information. What did you do prior to these problems occurring? What information can you give us when 'some' of the keys worked?

If your keyboard uses drivers (and I know few that do), try uninstalling them and reinstalling them, or even rolling back your system. Also make sure there's no physical damage to your keyboard. You may have damaged it's cable or PS/2 USB connector.

Although unlikely, check the port that you connect it into and make sure it's in working condition (plug other devices in etc.) and make sure it's free of dust.

she said laptop keyboard.
RE: keyboard not workin by matty on 10-09-2008 at 06:47 PM

Reboot the laptop. While it is shutting down start tapping F8 continuously. If you get to a prompt saying Safe Mode, Normal Mode etc than your keyboard works and there is something interfering with the keystrokes.

RE: keyboard not workin by Vilkku on 10-09-2008 at 07:28 PM

Also, if it isn't first time it broke, and if it's new, try to get it repaired/replaced under warranty?

RE: RE: RE: keyboard not workin by Divine Dragon on 10-10-2008 at 01:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:
Originally posted by Divine Dragon

she said laptop keyboard.

My mistake :$. Sorry for the bad advice. Try cleaning the laptop out and as suggested by matty, enter safe mode.If this does not work, even after playing with options or even reformatting the laptop, it may be physical damage to the laptop and you should have it looked at.