Shoutbox

trojan horse generic11.ifa - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: trojan horse generic11.ifa (/showthread.php?tid=86468)

trojan horse generic11.ifa by deathgodlim on 10-07-2008 at 03:26 PM

after i install the Messenger Plus it pop up trojan horse generic11.ifa and then rite now i have prooblem accessing my email it show me javascript. the only mail i could access is once it pop up i got a new mail then i can go in and read pls help me out i need to read those email

RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by Jimbo on 10-07-2008 at 04:42 PM

I can guarantee you that it isnt Messenger Plus! Live that you got this virus from but i recomend that you run an antivirus on your system.
If you dont have one, you can get one free from       here     

RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by matty on 10-07-2008 at 07:07 PM

Some anti virus programs detect the sponsor application as a virus. However this isn't the fact. The sponsor shows you a couple adds here and there and that is it there is no virus included.

RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by djdannyp on 10-07-2008 at 09:05 PM

I should also add to what's already been said that the sponsor is an OPTIONAL extra, during set up you get a choice whether to install it or not

RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by Jimbo on 10-07-2008 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Some anti virus programs detect the sponsor application as a virus. However this isn't the fact. The sponsor shows you a couple adds here and there and that is it there is no virus included.
Yes i know, but it wouldnt class it as a trojan horse would it?
RE: RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by Jarrod on 10-07-2008 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
quote:
Originally posted by matty
Yes i know, but it wouldnt class it as a trojan horse would it?
it should really class it as adware but since the fact that it comes in looking as legitimate software and is inface adware so the trojan label is there somewhere
RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by deathgodlim on 10-08-2008 at 02:11 AM

o.o thx i see what i can to about it i think i will reinstall my msn and scan my pc again

RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by vaccination on 10-08-2008 at 07:16 AM

If you have installed Plus! Sponsor by mistake and wish to remove it, go to Start > Add/Remove Programs > double click "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor", and the uninstall process will start.

For more information on how to uninstall the sponsor see How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor

RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by zach on 10-08-2008 at 09:53 AM

It is named "generic11.ifa" because your AV doesn't know if it is a trojan, it just thinks it might be.

I don't know why you can no longer access your emails.

RE: trojan horse generic11.ifa by Spunky on 10-08-2008 at 10:44 AM

IIRC AV software does tend to class the sponsor as a trojan because it gets information from a web server (for which ads to display)