Shoutbox

how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 (/showthread.php?tid=86594)

how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by Anton_08 on 10-12-2008 at 10:57 AM

I have the latest windows live messenger and latest version of messenger plus live but plus doesnt work with 9.0 anyone tell me whats wrong

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by Vilkku on 10-12-2008 at 10:58 AM

Plus! does not work with WLM9 yet. Please wait for a compatible version or use WLM8.5.

Please check this thread for more info.

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by Anton_08 on 10-12-2008 at 11:03 AM

is there a way you can ask plus to make a version for wlm 9.0

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by Basilis on 10-12-2008 at 11:04 AM

A compatible version will be available soon. Just be patient! :)

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by Anton_08 on 10-12-2008 at 11:07 AM

awesome. thanks for your reply :)

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by saraa on 10-12-2008 at 11:46 AM

Hi there, i love Mgs Plus but as "Anton" said we can not go back to the Windows Live Beta 9 coz they force us (for those who use this version) to download the latest WLM , and that's really sucks :(
I hope and wait for the feature Msg Plus to be comaptible with it !

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by Anton_08 on 10-12-2008 at 12:11 PM

yer once you have wlm 9.0 you cant go back to 8.5 or earlier it wont let you sign in unless you have the latest msn 9.0

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by Matti on 10-12-2008 at 01:03 PM

People: be a little bit patient.

Patchou announced that a new version will be released very soon, he even said "Just a couple of days left" (see Patchou's reply to Msg-plus dosn't work in windows live messenger wave 3!?). Seriously, it's very uncommon that we get such an accurately estimated release date, I recommend you to keep track of the site for one week, in the worst case two weeks, and have a daily look to see what happened. :)

RE: RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by hkBattousai on 10-12-2008 at 01:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anton_08
is there a way you can ask plus to make a version for wlm 9.0
When this compatible version is out, will we need to uninstall current version before installing the newer one? Do you suggest us to uninstall current version now?

Is there anything we can do to preserve our current program settings?
RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by djdannyp on 10-12-2008 at 01:50 PM

You should be able to just install the new version over the old one

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by saraa on 10-12-2008 at 01:53 PM

Thanks for ur accuracy answers :)

RE: how do I make messenger plus work with the latest windows live messenger 9.0 by Matti on 10-12-2008 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hkBattousai
When this compatible version is out, will we need to uninstall current version before installing the newer one? Do you suggest us to uninstall current version now?

Is there anything we can do to preserve our current program settings?
This has never been necessary for Messenger Plus!. It's completely safe to just download the new setup and install it, it'll work just fine. Your settings will be perfectly preserved. ;)