Shoutbox

Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? (/showthread.php?tid=86612)

Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? by the eNeME on 10-12-2008 at 07:04 PM

I was wondering what file(s) the custom sounds data and custom smileys are stored in. My messenger constantly disconnects and its beginning to become very frustrating for both me and my contacts.

I tried uninstalling Plus and Messenger and reinstalling, but I didn't want to lose my hundreds of "emotion sounds" and "emoticons" so I selected to save those settings for a future installation (an option while uninstalling Plus).

After uninstalling and reinstalling both programs, I am still experiencing this error.

What I would like to do is uninstall and reinstall everything cleanly then see if I am still having the disconnect problem. If removing the settings fixes it, then I'll just have to re-customize it. But I would rather not lose all my settings if this is not the cause of my problem.

So I need to know where Plus keeps the settings so I can do a clean uninstall then copy the file back in later manually. Anyone know?

RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? by the eNeME on 10-17-2008 at 03:29 AM

*cough*... shameless bump... *cough*

Seriously, someone MUST know this...

RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? by Link_of_Hyrule on 10-17-2008 at 03:45 AM

I know there is a folder that has all these I couldn't tell you where they are though. Sorry maybe someone else can help

RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? by Emmeline on 10-17-2008 at 07:08 AM

yea i'm facing the same problem =/
and i did re-installing but still the same =.=

RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? by DaRk MaDnEsS on 10-17-2008 at 09:27 AM

hmm well try this tool

in this link

http://aximili.customer.netspace.net.au/concon/ConCon22.zip

RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? by superfun on 10-17-2008 at 08:29 PM

or you only copy your profile-folder... under vista its the following path:
c:\user\*your profile*\appdata\local\microsoft\messenger

in this folder you also find your sharedfolder-datas and so on

RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? by MeEtc on 10-18-2008 at 02:51 AM

Use ConCon

RE: Clean re-install but save custom smileys/sounds? by superfun on 10-18-2008 at 11:15 AM

yeah, ConCon is a nice prog, but as I made the experience, that it doesn´t backup all my emoticons, i searched for the folder and this is proberly the saviest way, after one time ConCon saved only a part of may emoticons and so on...