Shoutbox

Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta (/showthread.php?tid=86622)

Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta by McTwitch on 10-13-2008 at 01:23 AM

Okay i updated to the new Beta Windows Live messenger.. and When i log-in my computer starts lagging a lot, and it takes a lot of time for it to show which of my contacts are online.... then afterwards it forces me to close Windows Live Messenger... Cuz there's some sort of problem or something...
Here's a screenshot:
[Image: errormq1.th.jpg][Image: thpix.gif]

does anyone know how to fix this problem? D=

EDIT:  i have found that if i just move the window box out of my sight, i can just continue using Windows Live Messenger beta =\ ... But i still want to know if there's anyway that i can avoid it coming up in the first place

RE: Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta by McTwitch on 10-13-2008 at 06:27 PM

bump..?
Now it doesn't even let me sign in anymore D:
That error message pops up when i try to sign in and if i move it out of the way it will just keep trying to sign in until i say Send Error Report/Don't Send, then it cancels the sign in when i do that... It didn't do this before... Can anyone help me?!

RE: Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta by McTwitch on 10-13-2008 at 10:35 PM

If i wasn't clear enough:
Windows Live Messenger 9 (beta) started working fine after my first post, but that pop up message still came up saying there was a problem, but i just moved it out of the way without answering it and continued to use Windows Live Messenger 9 without any problems. But now that error message pops up when i try to sign in and doesn't sign in at all unless i answer to that Pop-Up message.. and when i do, it cancels the sign in...
Can someone PLEASE help me fix this problem?

RE: Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta by JSCIII on 10-14-2008 at 01:12 AM

i had it since the beta version was released, now, i'm having the same problem.... :S i guess that system is down.... maybe they are making some adjustments.... you should install MSN 8.5 while they release the final version...

RE: Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta by McTwitch on 10-14-2008 at 08:46 PM

Ya... Does anyone know when the final version is being released? Is it anytime soon? Cuz i LOVE the new beta D:

RE: Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta by djdannyp on 10-14-2008 at 09:54 PM

I wouldn't have thought it'll be any earlier than Q1 2009.

Glad that you're enjoying the beta :)

RE: Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta by McTwitch on 10-16-2008 at 01:21 AM

what's Q1 2009? o.O

RE: Issues with Windows Live Messenger Beta by doughboyy on 10-16-2008 at 03:22 AM

speaking in terms of the calender year, not the fiscal year, Q1 2009 represents the first quarter of 2009, or from January to March