Shoutbox

[Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. (/showthread.php?tid=86639)

[Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by Gerardo on 10-13-2008 at 07:21 PM

Can a script avoid the pop up in my contact's computers while I log in?

RE: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by Lou on 10-13-2008 at 07:27 PM

Unless those people have the script, that's not possible.

RE: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by Basilis on 10-13-2008 at 07:27 PM

If you don't want your contacts to see you signed in, why don't you set the option in the sign in window to sign you in as Appearing Offline? That way, you will be able to see who of your contacts are online and then choose if you are going to put yourself Online too.

RE: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by Gerardo on 10-13-2008 at 07:34 PM

But what if they're also Appearing Offline :O?

:P thanks for your replies

RE: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by Quantum on 10-13-2008 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gerardo
But what if they're also Appearing Offline :O?

:P thanks for your replies

If there appearing offline you will see them as offline until there status is online.

And no, there is no way to see if a contact is appearing offline.
RE: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by davidpolitis on 10-14-2008 at 05:14 AM

The easiest way possible would be to just always sign in as Appear Offline while using the script below.

code:
umm... :$

RE: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by Gerardo on 10-14-2008 at 06:31 PM

What would that script do :S?

RE: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by haydos on 10-14-2008 at 07:27 PM

That script would do exactly what you don't want to do. When you're set to appear offline it would set you to online and send a popup to your contacts.

RE: [Request] No popup in other computers while I log in. by davidpolitis on 10-15-2008 at 04:56 AM

o.O Yeah. Sorry. I didn't realise that until now. Its been a while since I've actually used WLM because I'm stuck on Ubuntu atm until I get my new hardware and build my pc on Saturday.