Shoutbox

[opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK (/showthread.php?tid=86640)

[opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Quantum on 10-13-2008 at 07:32 PM

Do you think the iphones PAYG on o2 will go down in price? I'll be buying one before christmas but i would like a few quid off haha. £350 is a bit too much :P

While i'm asking telling me any problems you've had would be great.

Thanks.

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by ChicaRacing on 10-13-2008 at 08:19 PM

I think you could get a better cellphone for that price xD just my opinion :P

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by djdannyp on 10-13-2008 at 08:50 PM

£350 is waaaay unnecessary for a mobile.

If you shop around you can get really decent deals

By the time my contract ends in January I'll have paid £35 for the entire year, getting 500 txts a month, 400 minutes a month and a new Nokia 6210.

It's just unnecessary to spend £350 on a phone, even if it is an iphone....and personally from my experience with an ipod touch, i wouldn't want to be txting from an iphone keyboard, give me a regular number pad any day

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Quantum on 10-13-2008 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChicaRacing
I think you could get a better cellphone for that price xD just my opinion :P
quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
£350 is waaaay unnecessary for a mobile.

If you shop around you can get really decent deals

By the time my contract ends in January I'll have paid £35 for the entire year, getting 500 txts a month, 400 minutes a month and a new Nokia 6210.

It's just unnecessary to spend £350 on a phone, even if it is an iphone....and personally from my experience with an ipod touch, i wouldn't want to be txting from an iphone keyboard, give me a regular number pad any day

What other phone matches the iphone's features.
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by djdannyp on 10-13-2008 at 10:39 PM

which particular features do you want?

what does a phone even need except phone, txt and possible a camera anyway?

there are far better (and cheaper) devices that will give you all the extra functionality......ipod touch for example!  has everything the iphone has except the telephone capabilities.....is it really worth paying that much extra just for the phone when (as stated) you could already get a decent phone for a lot cheaper

and don't give the usual "carrying two things" crap....if your pockets are really that small then get new trousers:P

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by M73A on 10-13-2008 at 10:43 PM

iphone is great. lol. i can't go back to using a normal keyboard/ phone after using it. but 350 is definitely VERY over priced

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by -dt- on 10-13-2008 at 11:01 PM

[Image: iphonevsstone.jpg]

RE: RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by andrewdodd13 on 10-13-2008 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
Win.

It's almost as cheap to buy the damned thing on the £100 + £35/month contract with that thing, and at least you get unlimited data with that. (OR is that the £45/m, will have to double check).

My contract is up in June, so I'ma get me an X1 I  think...
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Justin on 10-13-2008 at 11:05 PM

Get a Samsung F700 looks similar and it even has a qwerty keypad.

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Quantum on 10-13-2008 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
Win.

It's almost as cheap to buy the damned thing on the £100 + £35/month contract with that thing, and at least you get unlimited data with that. (OR is that the £45/m, will have to double check).

My contract is up in June, so I'ma get me an X1 I  think...

U get unlimited data on PAYG too :P

It's not just the phone part i will be using it for :P

btw, pritty funny, i admit.
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by MeEtc on 10-13-2008 at 11:37 PM

if you want something shiny then, go get a Storm when its released then, from vodaphone

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by ChicaRacing on 10-14-2008 at 12:11 AM

You asked for my opinion... i give you my opinion again xD something with a lot more features than the iPhone ... Sony Ericsson Xperia, Nokia N96 (except for the touch screen, but is so much better than the iPhone)

Come on, iPhone has no bluetooth features... you can only watch youtube videos... gps? that's such a lie, you have to stay connected to internet to use google maps and then you can't make a phone call - ROFL - why should i buy a phone with "gps" if i have to decide between stay online to try to use "Google Maps" and "receive an important call" ... hmm oh wait - i go and buy another phone :P xD

That's why i returned the iPhone and ask for my money back 24 hours after buy it xD!!!

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Quantum on 10-14-2008 at 12:15 AM

quote:
You asked for my opinion... i give you my opinion again xD something with a lot more features than the iPhone ... Sony Ericsson Xperia, Nokia N96 (except for the touch screen, but is so much better than the iPhone)

Come on, iPhone has no bluetooth features... you can only watch youtube videos... gps? that's such a lie, you have to stay connected to internet to use google maps and then you can't make a phone call - ROFL - why should i buy a phone with "gps" if i have to decide between stay online to try to use "Google Maps" and "receive an important call" ... hmm oh wait - i go and buy another phone :P xD

That's why i returned the iPhone and ask for my money back 24 hours after buy it xD!!!

Show me a receipt or confirmation of return then i'll belive you :P
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Jarrod on 10-14-2008 at 05:55 AM

quote:
iPhone has no bluetooth features..
The Australian iphone has bluetooth headset support
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by ChicaRacing on 10-14-2008 at 08:11 AM

I bought the iPhone to someone who bought it in USA so, i had no bill if that what you mean ... but anyway i just told him i didn't like it at all cause my old cellphone had more functions than that c*** and he answered that had no problems to give me back the money :S so, i get my money back and he get his iPhone back ;)

And yes, it has headset support... but if you want to send a ringtone, a photo or anything by bluetooth you just can't and for a cellphone so expensive that s*** is like have no bluetooth at all :S you need multimedia messages that at least in my country you have to pay and have KB limit if you want to send something to a friend ... not sense at all ...

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Jarrod on 10-14-2008 at 08:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
quote:
iPhone has no bluetooth features..
The Australian iphone has bluetooth headset support
not my point. your statement was still incorrect. iphones r awesome many of my friends have one and speak very highly of them
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by prashker on 10-14-2008 at 10:58 AM

quote:
so I'ma get me an X1 I  think...
:D!
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Menthix on 10-14-2008 at 01:05 PM

quote:
so I'ma get me an X1 I  think...
Same, -I think
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Quantum on 10-14-2008 at 01:12 PM

There could be a firmware update that includes mms? Or is it hardware related?

---

Added:

quote:
Originally posted by O2
Your 12 months unlimited web and Wi-Fi will be available within 24 hours of your first top-up or upgrade registration.

After 12 months they will make me pay for DATA. Fair enough but will the cut off my wifi?

It's nothing to do with them?
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Vilkku on 10-14-2008 at 01:27 PM

Nobody has mentioned the N96? Oh, I just did. Yeah, N96, I'd rather have that, no touch screen, but feature-wise it's better, but it's also expensive. I think MMS can be added in a software update (and cut/copy/paste as well :dodgy:), but I'm not entirely sure.

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Menthix on 10-14-2008 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
After 12 months they will make me pay for DATA. Fair enough but will the cut off my wifi?
I would guess they're talking about O2 accesspoints.

There wont be any restrictions on using your own WiFi network or other free public accesspoints. That's what I assume anyway, but we *are* talking about a limited phone without some other very basic things like copy/paste and MMS, so you never know.
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Voldemort on 10-14-2008 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
There wont be any restrictions on using your own WiFi network or other free public accesspoints.
correct (at least not here or in the USA)
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by djdannyp on 10-14-2008 at 09:48 PM

They couldn't restrict the usage of your own or free wifi access, as wifi isn't something that's controlled over the phone network

they could only restrict you on O2 access points

though as i've said before, the iphone is a bad idea....but a few people here seem intent to waste their money despite the advice anyone gives......they almost seem to ask just to go against everyone and try to prove a point

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by ShawnZ on 10-14-2008 at 09:51 PM

quote:

What other phone matches the iphone's features.

i hope you're being sarcastic
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Quantum on 10-14-2008 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
They couldn't restrict the usage of your own or free wifi access, as wifi isn't something that's controlled over the phone network

they could only restrict you on O2 access points

though as i've said before, the iphone is a bad idea....but a few people here seem intent to waste their money despite the advice anyone gives......they almost seem to ask just to go against everyone and try to prove a point

I know that but knowing 02 the will send a command to the iphone after 12 months to lock out wifi until another is sent :P

If that was the case there will be a crack for it :P
RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by Jarrod on 10-14-2008 at 10:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
I would guess they're talking about O2 accesspoints.

There wont be any restrictions on using your own WiFi network or other free public accesspoints. That's what I assume anyway, but we *are* talking about a limited phone without some other very basic things like copy/paste and MMS, so you never know.
they offer similar plans here,
you get free 3g data for the first month
so you can see how much usage you will use on average

RE: [opinions/estimations neeed] iphone 3g UK by ChicaRacing on 10-15-2008 at 01:12 AM

I guess i live in a country where is just not fair to pay so much money for a cellphone that comes with no benefits cause even if you buy it to a company, we have no public wifi access, and very limited multimedia messages with the calling plans, so is just a waste of money...

So, i apologize cause it may be that my opinion is bassed on my own experience here, and for your country would be fantastic... even if is not a big competition for other cellphones in the market in the order of its features.