Shoutbox

email notifications not working since latest Plus installation? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: email notifications not working since latest Plus installation? (/showthread.php?tid=86656)

email notifications not working since latest Plus installation? by LoTTiDaH on 10-14-2008 at 06:35 PM

My Hotmail email notifications in messenger stopped working after installing the last update to Messenger Plus.  The popup doesn't happen as they arrive nor does the number of new emails displayed stay accurate.  What gives?

Thanks!

RE: email notifications not working since latest Plus installation? by Spunky on 10-14-2008 at 07:53 PM

This is a messenger problem. I have noticed it before. The reason it is nothing to do with Plus! is because Plus! does not intercept the messages being received by your WLM client and so cannot do anything ythat would disrupt them. I would suggest emailing Microsoft (seeing as like most people you don't know how to packet sniff to see if the messages are still being received... which would tell you if it's server side or client side)

RE: email notifications not working since latest Plus installation? by LoTTiDaH on 10-14-2008 at 09:03 PM

People like me?  Hmmm.  I appreciate the reply, even if it's snarky, but I find the timing of this issue quite odd since it coincided with an update to Plus.

RE: email notifications not working since latest Plus installation? by Spunky on 10-14-2008 at 09:15 PM

I didn't mean to come across that way, I meant people in your situation (as in coming to the forums with a problem) usually do not have a great deal of technical know-how (hence the visit to begin with)

It is unusual that they happened around the same time... Although I'm certain it would happen for every other user at the same time.

Apologies again... :)

RE: email notifications not working since latest Plus installation? by LoTTiDaH on 10-15-2008 at 04:33 PM

Ah, thanks for the clarification. :)  I'll keep investigating.