Shoutbox

How to change Nicknames font in WLM? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? (/showthread.php?tid=86686)

How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by alegator on 10-16-2008 at 08:03 AM

I mean the custom nicknames one adds to each contact using the included "Add a nickname" feature. Is there a way to change the font type (bold, color, etc) of these nicknames? Thanks

RE: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by Vilkku on 10-16-2008 at 08:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
I mean the custom nicknames one adds to each contact using the included "Add a nickname" feature. Is there a way to change the font type (bold, color, etc) of these nicknames? Thanks
You can use all the formatting codes provided by Plus! when specifying a nickname.
RE: RE: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by alegator on 10-16-2008 at 09:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
quote:
You can use all the formatting codes provided by Plus! when specifying a nickname.
Sorry but I cannot find the Plus! feature you're mentioning. In MSN Messenger Plus! you were able to do this since PLus! had a "rename contact" feature. But since WLM already includes a built in "Add a nickname" feature, Plus Live! no longer has this feature, and I cannot find a way to change the font (color, bold, etc) of the custom nicknames that are assigned to each contact in the contact list. If I'm missing something let me know. Thanks.
RE: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by djdannyp on 10-16-2008 at 10:28 AM

when you click on the name to edit it, input like this:

[b][c=4]contact name[/c][/b]

and this will show their username as red and bold

RE: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by Th3rmal on 10-16-2008 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

[b][c=4]contact name[/c]/b]

you need to properly close off the [b] tag :)
RE: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by kabso 5 on 10-16-2008 at 11:39 AM

the Font in the Convo there is only 16 Color ! why is that

i want the Color Wheel,,

and there is no Orange Color in the Convo font

RE: RE: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by alegator on 10-16-2008 at 01:14 PM

quote:

Thanks Danny, it works. Two observations though:
1) From his post above Vilkku was hinting that Plus Live! has somewhere a feature to do this, which would be handy as there would be no need to format each nickname manually. Yet I cannot find in Plus! Live such a function.
2)  Nicknames in WLM seem to have a length limit (maximum number of characters). In MSN Messenger with Plus! there was no limit when renaming a contact. Is there a way to remove this character limit in WLM for the nicknames?
Thanks.
RE: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by Basilis on 10-16-2008 at 01:20 PM

1) You need to open Messenger's Options and in the tab where you change your name, there should be a button which when you press, it displays the format panel that allows you to edit your name. :)

RE: RE: RE: How to change Nicknames font in WLM? by Vilkku on 10-16-2008 at 02:17 PM

quote:
quote:

Thanks Danny, it works. Two observations though:
1) From his post above Vilkku was hinting that Plus Live! has somewhere a feature to do this, which would be handy as there would be no need to format each nickname manually. Yet I cannot find in Plus! Live such a function.
I said you could use all formatting codes provided by Plus! The codes are the one posted by djdannyp, and I didn't mean that there was some color picker feature or anything similar directly related to the nickname feature of WLM. However, you could create the name in a conversation window to utilize the Plus! color picker, and instead of sending the name to the contact, you can just copy it and place it in the nickname field (I hope you understand what I mean).

Now, if we only could use (!N) properly in nicknames...