Shoutbox

Windows Vista Black Edition - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows Vista Black Edition (/showthread.php?tid=86699)

Windows Vista Black Edition by YourNeibour on 10-17-2008 at 09:35 AM

Has anyone tried this?

RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by Th3rmal on 10-17-2008 at 09:58 AM

Ive heard about it, but not used it. Whats the difference?

RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by djdannyp on 10-17-2008 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.h33t.com/details.php?id=f36438588f070be8a9570476bd9ebc00330dc41f

This Operating system is purely designed from Genuine Vista Ultimate by Benjamin. It will be more comfortable, faster and reliable when compared to other vista operating systems. All the error which the user faced in vista ultimate are fixed and tweaked. New hot fixes, updates and the Vista SP1 package are integrated. All the dream scene packs are activated. The Dolby digital plugins are also integrated for more fun with musics. New windows sounds, New Gadgets, New Login screen, New Default theme and more…. You can install any hardware without any problem, all the hardware errors are fixed. Just install this Black Edition 2009 and start your work. No need of installing any 3rd party softwares by searching the CD’s or DVD’s. All the softwares which you need to run quickly after installing a OS are inside.

[Image: i-will-use-google-b4-dump-question-bart.png]
RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by andrey on 10-17-2008 at 01:09 PM

Sounds like bs to be honest.
And even if it isn't, I personally wouldn't trust such a customized OS even for a second.. Why not install a legit Vista (e.g. *.iso + check against hash from microsoft) and install the programs you need and tweak it as you need?

RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by Quantum on 10-17-2008 at 01:18 PM

I downloaded half of it (lots of rapid share downloads) then i just left it. I might try it. If i do I'll post my opinion on it :) :P

RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by Menthix on 10-17-2008 at 05:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
All the error which the user faced in vista ultimate are fixed
quote:
You can install any hardware without any problem, all the hardware errors are fixed.
quote:
All the softwares which you need to run quickly after installing a OS are inside.
OMG, whoever made this is a genius, they fix everything, somebody offer them a job at Microsoft.</sarcasm>

http://keznews.com/2813_XP_Black_Edition_USA_2007_DVD has some more info. Basically it's a bunch of random apps and tweaks thrown together and put in an ISO. Over half of the apps most people will never use, and most of the "tweaks" are some kids disabling services because they have no idea how memory management works.

In short: No thanks, I'm rather in control of my own OS.

RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by Voldemort on 10-17-2008 at 07:46 PM

its just an iso of his own windows installation... probably made with vlite or something by some random nub.

(i haven't had one "error" or "hardware problem" with vista)

RE: RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by djdannyp on 10-17-2008 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
its just an iso of his own windows installation... probably made with vlite or something by some random nub.

couldn't agree more.  there's been way too much hype about vista being "buggy", "error filled", etc, etc, etc.

I've personally had two vista installs running for 4-5 months now with no problems.

Vista hatemongers need to get a life...half the problems they encounter are probably their fault :P
RE: RE: RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by ChicaRacing on 10-18-2008 at 12:46 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort

couldn't agree more.  there's been way too much hype about vista being "buggy", "error filled", etc, etc, etc.

I've personally had two vista installs running for 4-5 months now with no problems.

Vista hatemongers need to get a life...half the problems they encounter are probably their fault :P

I agree with both, even using vista 64 bits i haven't  had significant errors far away from those i generate by installing stupid programs i shouldn't even try in any os (meaning i accept i'm responsable for those errors :P) there are errors as in any os, mostly when you find a customized os the creator just play enabling and disabling those options he likes or dislakes and adding some programs for quick instalation, but i don't find it always helpfull cause you never get to know what did he mess with and if you will need it someday :P

My recomendation is to install a clean os and then custimize it as you want to.
RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by John Anderton on 10-18-2008 at 09:00 AM

The only way I'll ever install a custom OS is if I cooked it up. Since I never felt the need to spend all that time doing that, I'd rather not. Other people's customisations are usually shit. Newbs thinking they are pros do this and fuck up a lot of times and ever bigger newbs download it.

You'd rather do the customisations yourself to be sure imo :) The only custom OS I'd install is called.. well I don't remember but its from some release group who downloads all the latest Windows Vista Updates, merges them with the ISO and uploads it. Thousands of non newbs get it monthly so if I ever need it (not that I ever will), I'll use that :P

RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by Menthix on 10-18-2008 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
The only custom OS I'd install is called.. well I don't remember but its from some release group who downloads all the latest Windows Vista Updates, merges them with the ISO and uploads it.
Microsoft.Windows.Vista.ULTIMATE.x86.SP1.Integrated.September.2008.OEM.DVD-BIE
Microsoft.Windows.Vista.ULTIMATE.x64.SP1.Integrated.September.2008.OEM.DVD-BIE :-#

Sure, I use those all the time, even on legal installs. All they do is include the service packs/windows updates, and they come pre-cracked so you don't have to activate windows. Those are things I would do on a clean install too, so it just saves time having to download and install all those updates after a fresh install. They don't do dodgy "optimizations" and "tweaks" :).
RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by YourNeibour on 10-19-2008 at 03:36 AM

thank you everyone

RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by John Anderton on 10-19-2008 at 03:54 AM

MenthiX, you felt that me googling was too much effort or.. me not wanting to paste that because WDZ would delete the post was worth a thought? :P

But yes, those are the ones I meant :)

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Those are things I would do on a clean install too, so it just saves time having to download and install all those updates after a fresh install. They don't do dodgy "optimizations" and "tweaks" :).
(Y)
RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by Th3rmal on 10-19-2008 at 04:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
me not wanting to paste that because WDZ would delete the post
its chrono, he has speshol abilities :P

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Microsoft.Windows.Vista.ULTIMATE.x86.SP1.Integrated.September.2008.OEM.DVD-BIE
thx, was very useful ;)
RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by prashker on 10-19-2008 at 04:11 AM

Microsoft.Windows.Vista.ULTIMATE.x86.SP1.Integrated.October.2008.OEM.DVD-BIE

MenthiX failed at new scene :p

RE: Windows Vista Black Edition by Menthix on 10-19-2008 at 10:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
MenthiX failed at new scene
That one popped up on ScT several hours after I posted :p.