Shoutbox

Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta (/showthread.php?tid=86703)

Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by Kayneesh on 10-17-2008 at 11:36 AM

guyz plz do make msg plus to support  Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta
PLz
PLz
PLz

RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by Basilis on 10-17-2008 at 12:49 PM

A public Plus! beta will be released soon and it will be compatible with the new version of Windows Live Messenger. Since you posted it in the skinning forum, I guess you care for skins too. The new beta will allow skinners to update their skins but it is up to them if they will choose to do so. :)

RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by DaRk MaDnEsS on 10-18-2008 at 12:44 PM

is there a confirmed day for it`s release ?

or should we wait and see ?

RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by aNILEator on 10-18-2008 at 01:40 PM

currently the version we are beta testing does allow for skinning, but we have no idea whether a later Messenger build will destroy it again.

It's all change again :)/:(

Oh also there is no confirmed public MP!L beta release yet, I personally want to see at least 1 more private beta before a public release

RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by Menthix on 10-18-2008 at 01:43 PM

Wait and see. The last thing Patchou said about it is:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou @ [url
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=86590&pid=932621#pid932621]the[/url] public beta has been pushed to next week
Which would mean somewhere at the end next week, but it's not a solid deadline.
RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by Th3rmal on 10-18-2008 at 01:50 PM

Honestly, if pushing out a beta of Plus! just because people who are using the 2009 WLM beta want it, and then all the effort been ruined by a new beta which makes Plus! incompatible again, im willing to just wait it out until a stable final release of 2009 WLM to be released so that we can be sure Plus! will be compatible with it.

In short: Dont give out a new beta just because a handful of people want it, some things are worth the wait.

EDIT: i just realised this post hardly makes grammatical sense, but try your best :P . The consequences of me staying up late and posting =_=

RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by Basilis on 10-18-2008 at 01:55 PM

I agree with Thermal. It would be too bad if the official WLM 2009 release makes Plus! incompatible again. Unless Patchou has some source making him sure that the official release will not have many changes :)

RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by Voyeurette on 10-19-2008 at 04:43 PM

Well - I for one was upgrading something ELSE and by accident installed the beta which rendered my PLUS useless.

I'm going to try to downgrade, but it would be nice to have the PLUS upgrade.

Thanks for all the hard work you all do!

:)

RE: RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by robert_dll on 10-20-2008 at 08:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voyeurette
but it would be nice to have the PLUS upgrade.
I agree, but I'm sure we still don't have MP!L for WLM 2009 because Patchou wants to release an excellent quality product :)

Meanwhile I won't test WLM Beta until there's a working build of Plus! for it :P
RE: Support Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta by Ditto on 10-21-2008 at 06:43 AM

>_> I was forced to download WML09 because the link at the official site is apparently dead, as far as my computer is concerned... Broken link, it says.

SO, I am dying without my Plus! ... It's like using the ancient MSN x.x;; lolz I feel blind and boring.

On the up side, the new look is kind of growing on me, though it is really weird to be Cam'd on the left instead of the right o_O; lol!