Shoutbox

[discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it (/showthread.php?tid=86806)

[discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by ahmetgns on 10-21-2008 at 06:36 PM

I run my WLM from a copy Messenger folder because of the reason explained in Opening Plus! In A Messenger Copy. But when I enable a new skin or update components /skin&scripts) Plus! prompts me to restart Messenger. When I accept that, it restarts it from original Windows Live\Messenger folder and then StuffPlug and MessengerDiscovery aren't loaded to restarting Messenger and I have to terminate it again and restart my own Messenger from my folder :P If Plus! restart WLM from where it terminates it, it would help me.

RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by matty on 10-21-2008 at 06:40 PM

Come the new version Windows Live Messenger will not be relaunched for any reason. If this version needs translating you will see it when you get an RC version.

RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by ahmetgns on 10-21-2008 at 06:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Come the new version Windows Live Messenger will not be relaunched for any reason.
That is good then.
quote:
If this version needs translating you will see it when you get an RC version.
RC? Is it beta? If so, I have access it like all translators.

Thanks for the information btw.
RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by matty on 10-21-2008 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
RC? Is it beta? If so, I have access it like all translators.

Thanks for the information btw.
An RC (Release Candidate) version is once beta testing has completed and the project is ready for translation it is compiled in release mode and sent to the translators. If you have access to the current development versions then as of the latest build sent (341) this will be the case.
RE: RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by Vilkku on 10-21-2008 at 07:14 PM

Matty releasing build numbers to the public :o

RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by matty on 10-21-2008 at 07:43 PM

I dont have access to my email so I can't check if another was released today...

RE: RE: RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by djdannyp on 10-21-2008 at 08:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Matty releasing build numbers to the public :o

quote:
I dont have access to my email so I can't check if another was released today...

i fail to see the correlation :S
RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by prashker on 10-21-2008 at 08:10 PM

Patchou said we could show pics, so Pics == subliminally saying version#

RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by ahmetgns on 10-21-2008 at 09:01 PM

quote:
If you have access to the current development versions then as of the latest build sent (341) this will be the case.
:S I am using that version but component update forced restart again for 8.5 hence I posted this thread. Is it for only WLM 9.0?

RE: RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by djdannyp on 10-21-2008 at 09:03 PM

quote:
quote:
If you have access to the current development versions then as of the latest build sent (341) this will be the case.
:S I am using that version but component update forced restart again for 8.5 hence I posted this thread. Is it for only WLM 9.0?

no, the new beta supports both 8.5 and 9/14
RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by ahmetgns on 10-21-2008 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
matty said that Plus! would not force Messenger restart in any case anymore. However in this latest beta build of Plus!, it restarted my WLM 8.5 after a component update. I asked that, if my WLM was 9 beta, then Plus! wouldn't restart it?

RE: RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by djdannyp on 10-21-2008 at 09:41 PM

quote:
quote:
matty said that Plus! would not force Messenger restart in any case anymore. However in this latest beta build of Plus!, it restarted my WLM 8.5 after a component update. I asked that, if my WLM was 9 beta, then Plus! wouldn't restart it?

are you running build 341?
RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by matty on 10-22-2008 at 01:30 AM

I never said it wouldn't force restarting I said it wouldn't automatically restart. After being closed.

RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by ahmetgns on 10-22-2008 at 03:57 AM

quote:
are you running build 341?
Yes
quote:
I said it wouldn't automatically restart. After being closed.
It restarted it after the component update and I had to re-exit it manually. Whatever, lets see what comes in the next days.

RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by Mnjul on 10-22-2008 at 02:06 PM

matty's talking about Messenger not getting restarted after the installation of Plus!. And ahmetgns, you're talking about component updates. They are different things. :-/

RE: [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it by matty on 10-22-2008 at 02:20 PM

Based on the change log and how it is worded it is leading me to believe that under no circumstances will Plus! launch Windows Live Messenger after it is exited. Remaining post can be found in the beta forum

[Self Split] [discussion] Plus! must restart Messenger from where it terminates it