Shoutbox

I am sick! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: I am sick! (/showthread.php?tid=86812)

I am sick! by pheu on 10-22-2008 at 01:55 AM

I am already sick. . I need to change for last version of the msn, but I need the msn compatible plus! Patchou, let me to be a beta tester, or thing of the type.

Publish please.

RE: I am sick! by Th3rmal on 10-22-2008 at 02:13 AM

If it were that easy to become a beta tester, then everyone on the boards would be a beta tester.

We already have an extensive amount of beta testers, and if any more are needed, either a thread will be made about it by Patchou, or he will contact you personally.

And you are not the only one who wants a 9.0 compatible Plus!, everyone else is waiting, just like you.

RE: I am sick! by pheu on 10-22-2008 at 02:21 AM

I only wanted a date: (I don't tolerate plus, I enter 300 times a day in the forum and in the site trying to see if it was published.

RE: I am sick! by bazzach on 10-22-2008 at 02:29 AM

What exactly are the requirments to become a beta tester anyway? or is it just completely random.

RE: I am sick! by Willz on 10-22-2008 at 02:38 AM

Beta testers are normally people who have been around the forums for a really long time (more than 1-2 years generally) those that help others out, answer questions, prove they have the ability to be able to find bugs and well the most important factor is that the beta testers are picked by Patchou himself and he only picks people who have proven they can be trusted.

The other way is to be a really well recognized figure in the Messenger community.

People who join the forums to ask to become beta testers are only kidding themselves and wasting their time. Not trying to sound like an ass, but yeah that is the reality of it. There are a lot of older members here that aren't beta testers, even though they are close to the community. So yeah just shows how much you have to wait to become one.

RE: I am sick! by Quantum on 10-22-2008 at 02:41 AM

Also, you don't get to become a beta tester just because you want a compatible version of plus!

RE: I am sick! by pheu on 10-22-2008 at 04:37 AM

one date for publish please.

Only for not being with expectations.

RE: I am sick! by Th3rmal on 10-22-2008 at 05:01 AM

For the date of publish, you will have to wait until Patchou saysaround about when he thinks it will be released.

RE: I am sick! by kabso 5 on 10-22-2008 at 06:59 AM

hey said a couble of days

and now its a week later and still the plus is not released :S

is it gona take another week or what ! :o

is there any problem with the new plus ? 8-|

release the beta version

and after a month later if there is no problem with the beta version

release the full version :o)

RE: RE: I am sick! by Vilkku on 10-22-2008 at 07:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kabso 5
hey said a couble of days

and now its a week later and still the plus is not released :S

is it gona take another week or what ! :o

is there any problem with the new plus ? 8-|

release the beta version

and after a month later if there is no problem with the beta version

release the full version :o)

After he said "a few days", he later stated that it would be "next week" (due to server issues, which also caused some problems for the beta testers). That next week is this week, so if you are lucky you might see some kind of release.
RE: I am sick! by djdannyp on 10-22-2008 at 07:22 AM

As well as the server problems Patchou is also trying to resolve an issue to do with the sponsor add-on in the new version before deciding on a public release.

I'm sure you can wait a few days/weeks extra to have a fully working Plus! rather than a buggy one.

As has been stated before, please just be patient.  Do not make threads about the release, it's not as if anyone's forgotten that it's meant to be happening and needs reminding....the release WILL happen, so until you see a thread by Patchou in the annoucement section confirming the release, just be patient

RE: I am sick! by kabso 5 on 10-22-2008 at 10:08 AM

what issue

an installition issue ?

--

no we want a buggy one and to be a beta

we are dealing with the msn 9,0 beta 2 :p i dont think the bugs in the plus will make any differences

i suggest that patcho make a beta msg plus because the messenger is still beta  and the maybe would change it :)

30 milon users is waiting for the new plus

to install the messenger beta 2

and use this new plus

still wating  i hope the release will be at least 2morrow :D

RE: I am sick! by Th3rmal on 10-22-2008 at 10:27 AM

quote:

we are dealing with the msn 9,0 beta 2 (Smilie) i dont think the bugs in the plus will make any differences
Minimizing bugs is the whole point of beta testing, and 1 program with bugs is better than 2 programs with bugs.

quote:

i suggest that patcho make a beta msg plus because the messenger is still beta  and the maybe would change it (Smilie)
It is in beta stage, just not a public beta. And it most likely will never go into public beta, but rather from private beta to public stable release.
quote:

30 milon users is waiting for the new plus
Over 50 million users*

quote:

still wating  i hope the release will be at least 2morrow (Smilie)
Highly doubt it
RE: I am sick! by luithejoker on 10-22-2008 at 12:35 PM

i can't wait for it, i'm using the live 2009 and it is too boring without Plus! live, i hope it will be released soon. :D

RE: I am sick! by bazzach on 10-22-2008 at 12:41 PM

Lol i find it funny how everyones complaining hard on the release date n stuff.. but there wasnt a release date, it just makes me more exited for the release not knowing when its coming tbf.

But thats pretty cool how people have stuck around the forum for years to help out n stuff :)

I intend on doing the same thing.. who knows, maybe in a few years i'll be chosen for beta testing :P

Until then, i cant wait for the release :)

RE: I am sick! by robert_dll on 10-22-2008 at 10:21 PM

There is no WLM 2009 compatible Plus because it is not ready for public release, don't waist your time posting you want it to be released now, it won't be until Patchou consider it to be ready, not when you want it. If you want Messenger Plus then go back to 8.5

RE: RE: I am sick! by djdannyp on 10-22-2008 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
quote:

i suggest that patcho make a beta msg plus because the messenger is still beta  and the maybe would change it (Smilie)
It is in beta stage, just not a public beta. And it most likely will never go into public beta, but rather from private beta to public stable release.

actually, there are plans for a public beta.  please don't make guesses when informing people what's happening.

As for what the issue is, it's not my place to reveal that information (up to patchou if he wants to disclose it publically).  it's not a major problem, just something holding up the release of the public beta
RE: I am sick! by Chris4 on 10-23-2008 at 12:13 AM

Patience! This happens with every new Messenger release!

"He that can have patience can have what he will." ~Benjamin Franklin

You don't have to use the latest WLM beta, you know?

Downgrade to WLM 8.5 until Plus! is updated for WLM 2009.

Patchou is a busy guy. He wants to make it perfect, not just release any old crap.

You'll be happy with it, I can assure :).

RE: I am sick! by Willz on 10-23-2008 at 12:17 AM

lol someone close this thread already :P Its going nowhere fast its just going to get filled with people going "WHEN?" and us testers going "Shut up and be patient :P"