Shoutbox

MSN Messenger and WordPad - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger and WordPad (/showthread.php?tid=86837)

MSN Messenger and WordPad by downloader69 on 10-23-2008 at 05:58 PM

I have a text file in RFT format. When I try to paste the content from WordPad to Messenger, it tries to send a .txt file with name "Pasted_data_xxx" where xxx is some random letters and numbers. However, if my contact is offline, then it works normally. Is this a bug or what?

RE: MSN Messenger and WordPad by matty on 10-23-2008 at 06:11 PM

This is the enhanced pasting feature of Messenger Plus! Live. If you paste text that is too large for the conversation it saves the text in a text file and sends the text file.

RE: MSN Messenger and WordPad by vaccination on 10-23-2008 at 06:16 PM

Sounds like you have the "Improve pasting operations for large text" feature enabled, what this does is send a text file of the text you paste if the text has more characters than the maximum messenger allows, this is to prevent the pasted data from being cut up.

To disable this go to Plus > Preferences > Conversations > Formatting(down left-hand side) and untick "Improve pasting operations for large text and pictures"

RE: MSN Messenger and WordPad by downloader69 on 10-23-2008 at 07:47 PM

Ok. The maximum message lenght seems to be 1100 characters. But I've also install Stuffplug 3 and it allows 5000. So which one is the limit or would that be a conflict?

RE: MSN Messenger and WordPad by NanaFreak on 10-24-2008 at 05:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by downloader69
Ok. The maximum message lenght seems to be 1100 characters. But I've also install Stuffplug 3 and it allows 5000. So which one is the limit or would that be a conflict?
messenger plus would think that it is still only 1100 characters, because it doesnt know if the option is turned on in stuff plug... so the real limit is 5000 if you write it all... but if you paste it will be 1100

i think that is how it will work, but i could be wrong as i havent tested this