Shoutbox

If someone's nickname changes to their email addresse does that mean that've blocked? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: If someone's nickname changes to their email addresse does that mean that've blocked? (/showthread.php?tid=86848)

If someone's nickname changes to their email addresse does that mean that've blocked? by vanillaicecream on 10-24-2008 at 04:05 PM

I noticed today that a friend's nickname changed to his email, does that mean he blocked me??? On tuseday he was online. yesterday he wasnt online but his nickname was still the nickname i saw on tuseday and he is not online today either, but when i scrolled down looking for his nickname i couldnt find him but when i scrolled down a bit more i saw his email address.
for example nickname on tuseday was "HELLO", the next day he wasn't online but it was still "HELLO" and today...its "BLAHBLAH@HOTMAIL.COM" did he block me????? i don't annoy him AT ALL! as a matter of fact, when i checked ebuddy, his OLD OOOOOOOLD nickname was there. does that mean that he blocked me?? or does it mean that my msn is simply going abit crazy???

RE: If someone's nickname changes to their email addresse does that mean that've blocked? by tony on 10-24-2008 at 04:13 PM

The server has not updated his name on your contact list, that's all. It does not mean that he has blocked you.

RE: If someone's nickname changes to their email addresse does that mean that've blocked? by vanillaicecream on 10-24-2008 at 05:24 PM

yeah??? thank you :)

RE: If someone's nickname changes to their email addresse does that mean that've blocked? by :No-Frost: on 10-24-2008 at 06:20 PM

Or maybe he justdeleted his nickname... If you do that, I beleive you appear with your email instead...