Shoutbox

[Request] Conversation notification - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Conversation notification (/showthread.php?tid=86858)

[Request] Conversation notification by Chrisw02 on 10-24-2008 at 11:36 PM

Hey,

A while back I use to have a script on my msn which use to display a toast message to the side of my screen each time someone started a conversation with me.

Cut a long story short I have got a new computer and no longer have access to my old one and I have tried multiple times to find this script on the main site, I was wondering if anyone could post a link to it or know where I could get hold of it?

Thank you.

RE: [Request] Conversation notification by Th3rmal on 10-24-2008 at 11:40 PM

The fact of the matter is, those kinds of scripts are not reliable at all, and so are basically useless.

However, IIRC the Convo Notifier script and the Enhancer script do have that feature. (tell me if im wrong plz)

:)

RE: [Request] Conversation notification by Quantum on 10-25-2008 at 01:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
The fact of the matter is, those kinds of scripts are not reliable at all, and so are basically useless.

However, IIRC the Convo Notifier script and the Enhancer script do have that feature. (tell me if im wrong plz)

Yes :) Convo Notifier can do that but it's every time a contact starts a session with you can not a conversation. A session means anything from open a conversation, load your contact card or open your space information. As Thermal said, it's not exact at all :) Good Luck :D

More information: CookieRevised's Reply to Convo Notifiers.
RE: RE: [Request] Conversation notification by Chrisw02 on 10-25-2008 at 01:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
quote:

Thank you for your reply, however i am not sure about this script

Yes :) Convo Notifier can do that but it's every time a contact starts a session with you can not a conversation. A session means anything from open a conversation, load your contact card or open your space information. As Thermal said, it's not exact at all :) Good Luck :D

That is excactly what I was looking for, I guess i should have searched before posting, Thank you very much
RE: [Request] Conversation notification by Quantum on 10-25-2008 at 01:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrisw02
quote:
Originally posted by john-t
quote:

Thank you for your reply, however i am not sure about this script

That is excactly what I was looking for, I guess i should have searched before posting, Thank you very much

Only if everbody did that :P