Shoutbox

The script has been imported but failed to start. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: The script has been imported but failed to start. (/showthread.php?tid=86859)

The script has been imported but failed to start. by funkie_ve on 10-25-2008 at 04:03 AM

I'm running out of ideas here. I've tried everything, unInstalling and reinstalling msn, and no avail.

I have clean installed MSN and no work.

I have tried installing other scripts and this shit won't accept them.

There must be something wrong with my PC/WLM or MP!P.

Someone help?

I'm trynig to install Screeshot sender by dt, Computer details and Now Playing.

Somebody help please.

I'm using Windows Vista Home premium, 32 bits.
I have Windows Live Messenger ver 8.5
I have Messenger Live! Plus ver4.7

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by matty on 10-25-2008 at 04:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by funkie_ve
Screeshot sender
Isn't by -dt- it is by Dempsey and myself.

If you open your Plus! preferences and click Scripts then click Enable debugging. If you post the results of the debugging window for the scripts it will help us more.
RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by funkie_ve on 10-25-2008 at 04:57 AM

I enabled it, and tried to import the Script again but nothing shows up..

One thing I noticed is, the scripts only work when I run MSN as an administrator. They used to work without me doing it that way.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by Quantum on 10-25-2008 at 08:55 AM

What anti-virus are you using? iirc doesn't mcafee block scripts?

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by Spunky on 10-25-2008 at 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
What anti-virus are you using? iirc doesn't mcafee block scripts?

Only ones that use XMLHTTP IIRC
RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by matty on 10-25-2008 at 12:49 PM

If I am not mistaken you need to run Windows Live Messenger as an Administrator in order to install scripts.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by funkie_ve on 10-25-2008 at 06:48 PM

Yeah, But I used to not need to. They worked just fine when I ran WLM as a normal user, and now they don't. :(.

help.

I use McAfee, but I disabled it, and tried again, and no work.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by ShawnZ on 10-25-2008 at 08:47 PM

can you try checking Enable debugging features in plus preferences, and clicking Show debug window in the scripts menu?

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by ShawnZ on 10-25-2008 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by T.T.
ambiguous phrasing, because "as an Administrator" = with administrative rights. not the same one! with "run as Administator" stuff you'll import the scripts into registry key of Administator user, who you aren't :)

uh, any administrator can change anyone's profile...
RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by funkie_ve on 10-26-2008 at 03:36 AM

;( so nobody has a f*cking clue what's wrong :(

What a shit.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by Jarrod on 10-26-2008 at 05:01 AM

they might they need your debugging window

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by ShawnZ on 10-26-2008 at 02:58 PM

quote:
wow, really? but the scripts aren't in the users profile. i talked about registry...

registry too... but what does Administrator's profile have to do with scripts?
RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by segosa on 10-26-2008 at 04:45 PM

thx

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by prashker on 10-26-2008 at 04:47 PM

xht

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by ShawnZ on 10-26-2008 at 04:53 PM

quote:
1. read the replies again.

okay, i read your original reply wrong. i thought you were trying to say that administrators couldn't modify the profiles (including registries) of other users. but regardless, what does it matter what account you use, as long as it's an administrator? the only user-specific part of a script is whether it has been enabled or not (and the script's config if the developer wrote it that way...)
RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by matty on 10-26-2008 at 04:57 PM

quote:
pls:
1. read the replies again.
2. learn more about registry.
3. after that ask again.
thx

sry, but i have no time to meaningless debates.

First off don't be grouchy. We here are all familiar with Windows and the registry and access. There have been a lot of issues in the past which have not been related to the registry...

Scripts fail to install, possibly because of Windows Vista Beta 2

More specifically: Zantis's reply to Scripts fail to install, possibly because of Windows Vista Beta 2
RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by funkie_ve on 10-27-2008 at 02:40 AM

I'm an administrator on this computer.

I have administrator rights since I bought this computer, I tried the different methods you said, and the scripts are THERE when I search for them in the registry.

I don't know why they don't show up when I open my windows Live Messenger.

Also thanks a whole bunch for trying to help me out.

When I said the scripts are there, I meant to say, the keys in the registry are there, but the scripts don't show up in my Scripts window in MSNPLus!.

The only way they SHOW UP, is when I run WLM with the "Run as an Administrator" option.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by Spunky on 10-27-2008 at 02:13 PM

Sounds like your on Vista. Don't forget that the "Administrator Account" and "Run as Administrator" have different permissions. I usually need to run certain programs as an administrator else they will start to work, but fail on certain tasks (such as creating files to the C:\ root directory.) If "Run as Administrator" works, I would just continue to use that, even if it is slightly annoying.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by matty on 10-27-2008 at 02:39 PM

Disable UAC. Done and Done.

When you are importing a script run the PLSC file as an administrator. Does that allow it to import?

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by SmokingCookie on 10-28-2008 at 03:43 PM

Try seeing if the scripts' names appear in Messenger Plus!'s folder (by default C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts).

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by funkie_ve on 10-28-2008 at 05:54 PM

yes, they do appear.

And @matty,
If I wanted to disable UAC I wouldn't have posted this, since I'm looking for a solution or a way to get it back to the way it was.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by SmokingCookie on 10-28-2008 at 06:00 PM

Then it's somewhere between the "Scripts" folder and Messenger Plus! Live.

Have you installed any new software that may 'block' interactions between MPL and your files?

I assume they appear in the list in the preferences window?

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by funkie_ve on 10-29-2008 at 12:35 PM

No I haven't installed anything.

And No, they do not appear on the preferences windows, unless I run MSN with the "Run as Administrator" thing on Vista.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by matty on 10-29-2008 at 02:10 PM

Here is a temporary fix until we can come up with a solution.

Locate the Windows Live Messenger executable. (Usually: C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe)
Right click and select properties
Click the compatibility tab and select the following check box.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=934825]

Note* Mine is disabled as I have UAC disabled.

RE: The script has been imported but failed to start. by funkie_ve on 10-30-2008 at 12:35 AM

If I do that, the program won't start when windows Starts. :(

I've tried everything, I don't know what is wrong, but still, it's highly appreciated the help you're giving me.

Thanks.