Shoutbox

Aussies: Theres no place like home - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Aussies: Theres no place like home (/showthread.php?tid=86879)

Aussies: Theres no place like home by Quantum on 10-26-2008 at 12:19 AM

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,24540399-2,00.html

[Image: 0,,6313710,00.jpg]

I don't know what to say. lol. Seriously spiders that size just put me off Australia :P 

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by djdannyp on 10-26-2008 at 12:43 AM

Holy.....fuck

* djdannyp makes a note never to go to Australia

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Th3rmal on 10-26-2008 at 01:27 AM

Pfft, its not as if they are common or anything ¬.¬, but yes, there are some scary ones :P
[Image: health_bar_spider.jpg]

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Eddie on 10-26-2008 at 05:17 AM

Yeah we saw a huge huntsman spider on my undercover area last night, was quite scary.

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Fireforx on 10-26-2008 at 05:49 AM

there is no place like home.

*need to remember Australia is out of bounds*

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by High Speed Chaser on 10-26-2008 at 07:20 AM

That's why I'm building a house underwater!

Seriously though I only seen a big spider a few time down here. I guess they are more common in the tropical parts of Australia like Cairns where the photo was taken.
RE: RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Discrate on 10-26-2008 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
Pfft, its not as if they are common or anything ¬.¬, but yes, there are some scary ones :P
[Image: health_bar_spider.jpg]

I hate fucking spiders. I have had 1 in my room smaller then that but still huge, let's just say i dont get much sleep at night. I always have spiders in my room. There like attracted to it, i hate them i wish they would all die!

* Discrate crys
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Basilis on 10-26-2008 at 09:34 AM

I hate spiders too, mostly the hairy ones. I think though that there are other factors that make us be so afraid of them, like movies, magazines etc.

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Th3rmal on 10-26-2008 at 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I hate spiders too, mostly the hairy ones. I think though that there are other factors that make us be so afraid of them, like movies, magazines etc.
and maybe the fact that they have 8 legs, create webs, can be poisonous and walk on walls :P
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Jarrod on 10-26-2008 at 10:03 AM

all we need now is decent internet speed and data centers and it might out weigh the spiders

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by joey on 10-26-2008 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
all we need now is decent internet speed and data centers and it might out weigh the spiders
wth are you talking about?

and yeah, i saw that picture krissy posted oin the metro on friday, and although ive always wanted to go to austrafailia, that is probably the biggest reason i dont want to. the fact that i have a phobia of them doesnt help. i always thought it was either instinct, or we have a bad/scary experience with them at a young age a bit like being scared of deep water like me ;p
RE: RE: RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Vimto on 10-26-2008 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate

I hate fucking spiders. I have had 1 in my room smaller then that but still huge, let's just say i dont get much sleep at night. I always have spiders in my room. There like attracted to it, i hate them i wish they would all die!

* Discrate crys

Yeah i can't sleep if i know theres a spider in the room.
I'm not scared of them, its just the thought that they could be crawling on you in the night or drop from the ceiling onto you.

*shudders*
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by prashker on 10-26-2008 at 07:33 PM

yeesh :(.

* prashker stays in Canada :(

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Quantum on 10-26-2008 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
wth are you talking about?

and yeah, i saw that picture krissy posted oin the metro on friday, and although ive always wanted to go to austrafailia, that is probably the biggest reason i dont want to. the fact that i have a phobia of them doesnt help. i always thought it was either instinct, or we have a bad/scary experience with them at a young age a bit like being scared of deep water like me ;p

He's talking about a web crawler.

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Jarrod on 10-26-2008 at 11:07 PM

i was talking about the fact we have all these massive spiders bet we have small interwebz to accompany them, i guess that's cos they're lazy like the rest of australia

RE: RE: RE: RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Discrate on 10-27-2008 at 05:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vimto
quote:

* Discrate crys

Yeah i can't sleep if i know theres a spider in the room.
I'm not scared of them, its just the thought that they could be crawling on you in the night or drop from the ceiling onto you.

*shudders*

lol same here!! every night before i go to bed, i check the roof for spiders :P by the way i just found a dead spider on my stairs lol.

When ever i read this thread, my hair starts to feel itchy like there's something crawling on me even though theres not lol.
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by ryxdp on 10-27-2008 at 05:38 AM

:dodgy:

Pest control?

seriously... :P

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Jarrod on 10-27-2008 at 05:39 AM

all the spiders here live outside:P

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Thor on 10-27-2008 at 05:52 AM

Apart from all the "spiders eating big stuff", I actually find spiders quite interesting and on the contrary - cute. :P

RE: RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Discrate on 10-27-2008 at 06:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ryxdp
:dodgy:

Pest control?

seriously... :P

lol, pest control wont do anything they'll keep coming in.

quote:
all the spiders here live outside:P

Maybe where you live, but i cant keep the shits out of my house.

When it's hot they come inside, i donno how though.
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Th3rmal on 10-27-2008 at 06:57 AM

I find a flame-thrower is useful for getting rid of the little critters :P

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by John Anderton on 10-27-2008 at 07:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
Apart from all the "spiders eating big stuff", I actually find spiders quite interesting and on the contrary - cute. :P
You come from a country which is so boring, it needs to be called "snoreway". You'd find anything "interesting" :refuck:

Go back to your snow.
* John Anderton brings out his flame thrower and heads to ausland ;o
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by ryxdp on 10-27-2008 at 08:13 AM

quote:
lol, pest control wont do anything they'll keep coming in.

I live in Australia, pest control so far has managed to keep pretty much everything out. Either that or the spiders are being unnaturally kind to me.
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by John Anderton on 10-27-2008 at 09:04 AM

Moving out of the jungle usually seems like a good option too :P

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Th3rmal on 10-27-2008 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

Moving out of the jungle usually seems like a good option too (Smilie)
quote:
flame-thrower
flame thrower > jungle :P
RE: RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Discrate on 10-27-2008 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Moving out of the jungle usually seems like a good option too :P

I dont live in the jungle nor is there any jungles in australia.
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Shayne on 11-02-2008 at 03:45 PM

More like the bush.

I live in the bush and sure I've seen one of these bad boys before, I thought the size that I saw was impressive but dam looking at the one posted made the one I saw look like a baby.

But don't make this scare you from coming to Australia, it's pretty rare that'll you bump into something like this. If you're in a city like Sydney you won't bump into anything like this, the only thing that'll you'll bump into that can be deadly is a baby red back spider, which can kill, but more likely just to make you sick. Once you travel into the bush, then you'll find your Spiders, Snakes and all that.

But don't make this scare you, sure Australia has some Deadly things but it's still a beautiful place. We have the outback, Farming Communitys, Snow in places in winter, and a heck of allot more.

So where the bloody hell are ya [Image: beer1.gif]

Ps: sorry for late reply, meh sue me.

RE: RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Phillip on 11-02-2008 at 03:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shayne
So where the bloody hell are ya [Image: beer1.gif]
The Chasers have got it right.

I've ever only seen 2 massive spiders in Australia. Would have been cool to watch the spider own the bird to.
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Quantum on 11-02-2008 at 04:07 PM

quote:

Deodorant + lighter would be easier :P
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Th3rmal on 11-02-2008 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
quote:

Deodorant + lighter would be easier :P
Thats what i was thinking, however for safety issues regarding the can blowing up, a flamethrower might be a little more safe :P
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by joey on 11-03-2008 at 06:45 AM

then you don't know how to use a can of deodrant and a lighter =/

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Th3rmal on 11-03-2008 at 06:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joey
then you don't know how to use a can of deodrant and a lighter =/
well i usually just use deoderant to smell good, not to flame shit :P
RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by joey on 11-03-2008 at 06:50 AM

pft. i use the deodrant and lighter combo anytime im at a friends house drunk, outside/in a field drunk, anytime there's a spider or something i want to burn when im drunk, and just in case krissy decides to find me after all the clues ive given and things ive said over the my time being here, plus its a great way to warm your feet up too.

RE: Aussies: Theres no place like home by Th3rmal on 11-03-2008 at 06:57 AM

I think you need a new hobby :P