Shoutbox

"You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. (User) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: "You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. (User) (/showthread.php?tid=86883)

"You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. (User) by RMB_MG on 10-26-2008 at 02:06 AM

Anyone know why this is being displayed and how I can fix it?

I've noticed that my transfer rates are being affected and also my messages sometimes do not get through.

It's now got to a point where i'm just getting annoyed with it, so can anyone help?

RE: "You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. (User) by ShawnZ on 10-26-2008 at 02:22 AM

just ignore it. it has nothing to do with messages not getting through.

RE: RE: "You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. (User) by RMB_MG on 10-26-2008 at 02:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
just ignore it. it has nothing to do with messages not getting through.

Oh ok.

Why does this come up though?
RE: "You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. (User) by matty on 10-26-2008 at 02:44 AM

Because you have a router.

RE: "You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. (User) by prashker on 10-26-2008 at 04:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
Because you have a router.
Exactly. I myself have the same message :p
RE: "You are connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. (User) by boin on 10-26-2008 at 09:04 AM

anyways, you COULD probably change some settings in your router to change that message (i dont get i with my dlink dgl 4500 v1.13)

another thing is that you could do a port forward for msn file transfer ports which may help you if others are sending you something ...