Shoutbox

How to Encode a file? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: How to Encode a file? (/showthread.php?tid=86898)

How to Encode a file? by ArkaneArkade on 10-26-2008 at 07:14 PM

Hey guys,

I've been updating a script to remove non working ftp functions from it.  I tried to use the plus built in ftp upload, but it doesnt work on this server.  I can upload a base64 encoded file to the server for it, and have already been given some help regarding that.  I don't however have the slightest clue how to actually do it to a file instead of just a string.
Is there anything I can do, such as read a file into a variable so that I can convert it?
The files I'm trying to convert to upload are only display pictures, not other file types, if that makes any difference to how I need to read the files.
Cheers guys
Leroux

- On a slightly related note, can anyone tell me the dimensional limits of a DP?  Does MSN send them as 64x64, or 128 or does it just scale down an image to fit the DP area.
Cheers again guys

RE: How to Encode a file? by Lou on 10-27-2008 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leroux
On a slightly related note, can anyone tell me the dimensional limits of a DP?
Regular display pictures are limited at 96 * 96 px.
RE: How to Encode a file? by MeEtc on 10-27-2008 at 02:05 AM

Again, I shall upload a file to end all of your grief. Again, it is made by Volv. Both files are from the same library :p

RE: How to Encode a file? by ArkaneArkade on 10-27-2008 at 04:45 PM

OK.  thank you .Lou, I will now make sure any images I need are sorted to the right size.  cheers man.

MeEtc - thank you so much again.  I'm gonna play about with it now, and hopefully this is it this time.  You're a legend.  :D