Shoutbox

Is it worth it? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Is it worth it? (/showthread.php?tid=86996)

Is it worth it? by The Alpha Gamer on 11-01-2008 at 08:36 PM

Ok now that the new Plus is out, i'm really considering downloading WLM 9. The problem is i've heard alot of bad things about it, like the emote bug(did they fix that yet?) and some people say it just stops working after a while.

So is it stable enough to use? Should i download it or stick with 8.5 abit longer?

RE: Is it worth it? by Shiny Rabbit on 11-01-2008 at 10:07 PM

well, it's all pretty cool exept the emote bug and the window resize thing

RE: Is it worth it? by NiteMare on 11-01-2008 at 10:40 PM

I've had connection problem ever since i downloaded WLM 9, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting me, then stopping for like 3 hours, then doing it again for like 20 minutes

not to turn you off it, just giving you all the info

RE: Is it worth it? by Willz on 11-01-2008 at 10:45 PM

If you use skins, then I wouldn't switch over to it. It will still be a while before there will be stuff out for 9. 9 does have its connection issues, like if you sign in as appear offline sometimes when you switch to online the connection drops out.

But I mean its a beta so yeah that sort of stuff is expected anyway.

RE: Is it worth it? by Th3rmal on 11-01-2008 at 11:00 PM

I like it alot. Much better than 8.5 imo.

Regarding skins, i think it looks very good already, i thought i wouldnt be able to take it without any skins, but ive been proven wrong :P
And plus if you were a fan of Windows Live Messenger 2009 by roflmao456 then you have no issues :P

As for the connection problems, i have had none so i cant really comment on that.