Shoutbox

Skins for WLM 9? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: Skins for WLM 9? (/showthread.php?tid=86999)

Skins for WLM 9? by Link_of_Hyrule on 11-01-2008 at 11:43 PM

I"m so excited about the new msg plus! for 9 beta I've been using plus for quite a while now and I love it but I've never tried the skins feature in all the time that I've had it and I'm wondering what skins are there for the new WLM 9 Beta Wave 3 that work with the new compatible version of plus?

RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Th3rmal on 11-01-2008 at 11:58 PM

AFAIK at the moment, there are currently 0 working skins in the database for WLM 9.0. This could be because Plus! has only been compatible for 1 or 2 days, and it is up to the skin creators if they wish to make their skins compatible for a Beta version of WLM. The risk is that if they make them compatible, and the next version of the beta/stable changes WLM radically, the skins may not work anymore and it will be time wasted.

:)

RE: Skins for WLM 9? by prashker on 11-02-2008 at 12:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Th3rmal
there are currently 0 working skins for WLM 9.0.
Wrong :p. There are some private skins ;-)
RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Th3rmal on 11-02-2008 at 01:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
quote:
there are currently 0 working skins in the database for WLM 9.0.
Edit made :P
RE: RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Willz on 11-02-2008 at 03:53 AM

quote:
quote:

I wouldn't exactly go as far as calling some of them skins just yet :P some are more modifications than skins.

But yeah I wouldn't really expect many skins for 9 any time soon just because there is a lot more work involved so it will take a lot longer for them to get made.
RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Basilis on 11-02-2008 at 08:02 AM

Personally, I think I will probably wait for the final WLM release. I don't want my work lost just because Microsoft may remove the workaround that has been found for 9.0 skinning.

RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Link_of_Hyrule on 11-02-2008 at 07:26 PM

I didn't expect to be any yet but maybe soon.

RE: Skins for WLM 9? by robert_dll on 11-02-2008 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
Personally, I think I will probably wait for the final WLM release. I don't want my work lost just because Microsoft may remove the workaround that has been found for 9.0 skinning.
Same here, for now I will only improve my skins for WLM 8.5, they are ugly compared with others :P
RE: RE: Skins for WLM 9? by TheSteve on 11-03-2008 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
I don't want my work lost just because Microsoft may remove the workaround that has been found for 9.0 skinning.
Don't let that be your reason for stopping.  If Microsoft does remove the DUIDebug feature, Patchou will figure out how to use the UIB.  It's surprisingly simple.
RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Link_of_Hyrule on 11-03-2008 at 02:32 AM

Some how i don't see Microsoft changing messenger that much that it won't work but i suppose you never know.

RE: RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Willz on 11-03-2008 at 03:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Link_of_Hyrule
Some how i don't see Microsoft changing messenger that much that it won't work but i suppose you never know.

Maybe not on the outside, but on the inside everything changes from each major build or new beta. With 9 final you can expect it to change quite a bit on the inside.

Skinners shouldn't avoid 9 until final just because our workaround might disappear. At the very least they should play a bit with the layout to prepare. Because its got a lot of differences as to how we are used to doing things in 8.5.

RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Link_of_Hyrule on 11-05-2008 at 07:32 AM

Well I think somethings internally will change but a lot of the base code for the layout will most likely stay the same unless they decide to drastically change the gui but honestly I don't think it would be hard to figure out a different way to make the skins load if they change how your doing it now theres always a way to directly modify the code it may just be a bit harder then it is not.

RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Nagamasa on 11-06-2008 at 11:17 PM

I might give it a Smile a Mile, once I finish this mini-skin I have.

RE: Skins for WLM 9? by djdannyp on 11-06-2008 at 11:19 PM

My SexySkin is close to being updated for the new beta....just got some issues to iron out (if anyone is looking at the beta forum!!)

Click my sig to go to the thread and read more details about the forthcoming update (and it's still not too late to request a woman)

RE: RE: Skins for WLM 9? by Willz on 11-06-2008 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
My SexySkin is close to being updated for the new beta....just got some issues to iron out (if anyone is looking at the beta forum!!)

Click my sig to go to the thread and read more details about the forthcoming update (and it's still not too late to request a woman)

lol a link to the beta forum on the public area? Hmm not sure how well that would go down.

Everyone has at least 1 issue with 9. For me Aero won't disable at all so I'm pretty much left stranded until a fix is done. *cough Patchou *cough hurry up *COUGH COUGH :P

I'll be launching Sopair 2.0.0 as soon as Menthix is ready to put it up so yeah that will end this skin drought.
RE: Skins for WLM 9? by robert_dll on 11-07-2008 at 12:32 AM

You have almost finished and I have almost started :S At least I have found the way to move DP's to right :P And you were right Willz, things have changed a lot...

RE: Skins for WLM 9? by stuartbennett on 11-08-2008 at 11:23 AM

im hesitant to play around with the 9 beta just yet, while it does bug me ive got no skins for 9.0 at moment i am sorta wanting to wait until 9.0 goes final before i do all the 9.0 compatabilty work as i have so many themes to code the compatability for.