Shoutbox

[split] bring back the sharing folders - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [split] bring back the sharing folders (/showthread.php?tid=87022)

[split] bring back the sharing folders by SYD141 on 11-01-2008 at 08:17 PM

but, i do wish that they bring back the sharing folders. :(

RE: RE: Emoticons Shortcut Problem by WoodsieLord on 11-02-2008 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SYD141
Oh right, thnx djdannyp :)

but, i do wish that they bring back the sharing folders. :(

I assume they are migrating to Live SkyDrive, and will not bring it back. SkyDrive is pretty much integrated into Messenger 2009, you even get alerts in the "What's New" section when people you share your SkyDrive with upload new files, etc. ;)
RE: Emoticons Shortcut Problem by SYD141 on 11-02-2008 at 04:10 PM

yeah but I liked sharing folders syncing system waaay better.

RE: Emoticons Shortcut Problem by Eddie on 11-02-2008 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Well use what you can of it, go back to Windows Live Messenger 8.5, 9.0 isn't due out for a while yet so you got a fair bit of time, and i dont know if they will enforce an update upon the release of 9.0 immediately so yeah :)

And no they won't bring it back because they are moving into the whole "Cloud Computing" with Windows Live and Windows Azure [the Cloud Computing operating system under construction]. Which i think is a good step forward as long as it is well secured and easy to access without too much hassle and bandwidth issues.
RE: RE: Emoticons Shortcut Problem by SYD141 on 11-02-2008 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
quote:
Well use what you can of it, go back to Windows Live Messenger 8.5, 9.0 isn't due out for a while yet so you got a fair bit of time, and i dont know if they will enforce an update upon the release of 9.0 immediately so yeah :)

And no they won't bring it back because they are moving into the whole "Cloud Computing" with Windows Live and Windows Azure [the Cloud Computing operating system under construction]. Which i think is a good step forward as long as it is well secured and easy to access without too much hassle and bandwidth issues.

Does that mean that we will be able 2 share files while one of us is offline?
RE: Emoticons Shortcut Problem by Sunshine on 11-02-2008 at 04:24 PM

quote:

Does that mean that we will be able 2 share files while one of us is offline?
Yes, you put the files in a folder "in the cloud" so no need for the other to be online...your contacts can access them later. Besides that, not much to tell about it as it hasn't been activated in the Beta yet.
RE: Emoticons Shortcut Problem by SYD141 on 11-02-2008 at 04:28 PM

wow, i guess that is better :)

RE: RE: Emoticons Shortcut Problem by WoodsieLord on 11-02-2008 at 05:55 PM

quote:
wow, i guess that is better :)

Yep, just go to skydrive.live.com and get yourself an account. You can open Private, Shared, or Public folders, assign editors (who can change folder contents), and viewers (selected people or everyone). It is handy, I have been using only that for more than a year now.