Shoutbox

[?] Script editor - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [?] Script editor (/showthread.php?tid=87026)

[?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-02-2008 at 05:29 PM

Hi,

I've been wondering if there's a freeware script editor (like Crimson Editor*) with IntelliSense support. I know there's this program, called "SciTE", but its interface is rather.. "Packed together".

*CE has no IntelliSense

Anyone?
Oh and a final word: the MS Visual Web Development 2008 installer crashes when installing the Authorisation component.. Not an option either until MS fix the problem..

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-02-2008 at 05:46 PM

I use Notepad++. It has intellisense but not sure if you can set it up for Plus!.

Never tried

RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-02-2008 at 05:56 PM

RE: [?] Script editor by NanaFreak on 11-02-2008 at 08:41 PM

i use notepad++ and editpad pro 6

and i dont really see the point of intellisense unless its perfect which i dont think a freeware program will have =\

RE: [?] Script editor by warmth on 11-03-2008 at 02:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I use Notepad++. It has intellisense but not sure if you can set it up for Plus!.

Never tried
I have asked in NP++ support forums to give compatibility for scripts and skins files extension recognition and language support (Notepad++ to edit Messenger Files)... but they never answered to me :(

Maybe you guys should write there to ask for these too... and someday they will bring this compatibility into...

IOH you can play with existing language configurations and changed it a bit to get something very usefull when you are editing files...

RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-03-2008 at 08:05 PM

Yeah,I'm "great" at alphabetically sorting items ^o) :P

But, I think I can reserve this weekend to sort the items :P

RE: [?] Script editor by markee on 11-04-2008 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Yeah,I'm "great" at alphabetically sorting items ^o) :P

But, I think I can reserve this weekend to sort the items :P
It's easy if you write a script to do it :P
RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-04-2008 at 02:35 PM

I know, but I'm kinda lazy atm :P

And I guess I'll still be in the weekend :P

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-04-2008 at 03:16 PM

I am considering writing a custom editor that is external to Messenger Plus!. I haven't decided if I have the time to do so yet however we will see :).

RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-04-2008 at 04:08 PM

I suppose you can add IntelliSense suport? (use GetCaretPos :P )

Oh and congrats on REP 100 ;)

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-04-2008 at 04:42 PM

quote:
I suppose you can add IntelliSense suport? (use GetCaretPos :P )
Well I would add IntelliSense but I would try and take it a step further.
I would take into consideration say you do something like
code:
var oArray = new Array();
When you would write
code:
oArray.
IntelliSense would be activated and would show you all possible functions that can't be performed and properties will be listed. I would do this for Memory Allocations as well so if you did
code:
var _MYMEMORY = Interop.Allocate(4);
When you would type
code:
_MYMEMORY.
it would populate a list of functions and properties available. So by doing this it would be taking intellisense to an entirely new possibility.

I think I will start maybe working on it tonight so if anyone has any suggestions or things they would like to see let me know.

quote:
Oh and congrats on REP 100 ;)
Thanks!
RE: [?] Script editor by Matti on 11-04-2008 at 05:15 PM

That'd be awesome, matty! :D

Oh, don't forget that Notepad++ is open-source, so maybe you want to base your editor on that one? :)

RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-04-2008 at 05:43 PM

Sounds like cool some stuff :)

Oh and I've got a suggestion: MDI with tabs, and perhaps a Plus!-like interface..

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-04-2008 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matti
That'd be awesome, matty! :D

Oh, don't forget that Notepad++ is open-source, so maybe you want to base your editor on that one? :)
I don't program in C++ it would be in Visual Basic.

quote:
Sounds like cool some stuff :)

Oh and I've got a suggestion: MDI with tabs, and perhaps a Plus!-like interface..
I would want to find a way to incorporate the Office 2007 Ribbon along with the Plus! interface look.
RE: [?] Script editor by Matti on 11-04-2008 at 06:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
I don't program in C++ it would be in Visual Basic.
Ah, damn it. And I just sent you a link to the Download details: Visual C++ 2008 Feature Pack for Visual C++ to create a native Ribbon control with MFC. :( Too bad you do Visual Basic. :P
RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-04-2008 at 07:02 PM

I would have to learn C++ which would take longer.

However if I do it in VB it wouldn't take near as long. I will download the feature pack there may be a usable control for VB for this if not there are always the manual ways :)

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-05-2008 at 03:12 PM

I reformatted last night however now Office 2007 and VS 2008 Professional wont install... looks like I have some troubleshooting to do...

I also am thinking that I want to add the ability to export and pack the script. This would be pretty slick. Have the ability to auto increment build numbers and such in the script info.xml :)

RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-05-2008 at 03:20 PM

Is your VS 2008 installer crashing?

If so, I've got the same problem with Visual Web Development.. Look in %temp% and find SetupExe<CurrentDate*>.log.

If there's a prodct key "30120000-0020-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE", it's a common problem (without --> working <-- solution).

* As a result of new Date().getTime()

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-05-2008 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Is your VS 2008 installer crashing?

If so, I've got the same problem with Visual Web Development.. Look in %temp% and find SetupExe<CurrentDate*>.log.

If there's a prodct key "30120000-0020-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE", it's a common problem (without --> working <-- solution).

* As a result of new Date().getTime()
No it fails to install the prerequesites for some reason. I just have to go to the WCU folder on the root and install them myself.

My copy is legit. It is from MSDNAA.

However with Office 2007 I am getting this error: Error 1935. An error occured during the installation of assembly component
{9BAE13A2-E7AF-D6C3-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x80073712.
RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-05-2008 at 03:47 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818954? :D

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-05-2008 at 03:49 PM

quote:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818954? :D

That is in regards to ODBC. Not the issue I am having. It makes no sense. I can only find things about .Net 2.0 which is installed with Vista SP1. I have Vista Ultimate SP1.
RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-05-2008 at 03:58 PM

Sorry, kinda busy right now, and it's the first hit I got :P

RE: [?] Script editor by markee on 11-06-2008 at 12:25 AM

matty, if you just formatted, why don't you format again? You never know, something might have been wrong with the Vista install.

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-06-2008 at 01:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
matty, if you just formatted, why don't you format again? You never know, something might have been wrong with the Vista install.
I fixed it. I did all windows updates then used the MSI utility to remove any traces of Office and it worked and VS2008 is installed as well.
RE: [?] Script editor by SmokingCookie on 11-07-2008 at 09:00 PM

I've got one more suggestion: please have it saving files in Unicode by default. I've had tonnes of weird errors in my XML files because of ANSI :s
(Notepad xD )

RE: [?] Script editor by matty on 11-07-2008 at 10:53 PM

quote:
I've got one more suggestion: please have it saving files in Unicode by default. I've had tonnes of weird errors in my XML files because of ANSI :s
(Notepad xD )
If I develop this it is only going to be for Plus! it isn't going to be for other languages. So yes it would save everything in Unicode.

The feature base I have for this will be pretty cool if I can get around to doing it :)