Shoutbox

I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. (/showthread.php?tid=87033)

I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. by Tams on 11-02-2008 at 10:07 PM

When i go to press the download botton on the skins page nothing happens..I am new to this ,can anyone help me..

RE: I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. by mezzanine on 11-03-2008 at 12:26 AM

Try clearing your cache or using a different browser.

RE: I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. by Tams on 11-03-2008 at 03:39 AM

what is a  Cache?

RE: RE: I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. by djdannyp on 11-03-2008 at 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tams
what is a  Cache?

it's a store of saved versions of internet pages

to force an internet page to re-load press Ctrl+F5

to clear the internet cache completely click "Tools" then "Internet Options" then press the "Delete" button under 'Browsing History' and it will delete all the temporary files

Then close your browser and re-open it and try to download a skin again
RE: I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. by joecasss on 11-03-2008 at 10:58 PM

Dont listen to that gobble dee goop I don't even get it haha, if you use firefox then there's no suprise it's not working, use Internet Explorer? If not restart your computer? If they don't work then I'm very sorry I couldn't help, try talking to an Administrator or a Moderator :S

JOE =D

RE: I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. by Th3rmal on 11-03-2008 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joecasss
if you use firefox then there's no suprise it's not working
And why would that be?

Please follow what djdannyp said and report if it still isnt working.
RE: I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. by Spunky on 11-03-2008 at 11:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joecasss
Dont listen to that gobble dee goop I don't even get it haha, if you use firefox then there's no suprise it's not working, use Internet Explorer? If not restart your computer? If they don't work then I'm very sorry I couldn't help, try talking to an Administrator or a Moderator :S

JOE =D

Or, even better, ask people that know what they're talking about.  Just because you don't know what a cache is doesn't mean it's "gooble dee goop" and is probably the most common problem related problem to downloading files

If you're using FireFox, it could be that it's automatically saving it to your downloads folder, but you have told it not to show the downloads window.

RE: I cant download any skins ,the button will not work...help. by Tams on 11-04-2008 at 05:46 AM

I dont use firefox..thanks to all of you ..i will try all what you guys posted.