Shoutbox

I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? (/showthread.php?tid=87043)

I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Solomon4 on 11-03-2008 at 07:00 AM

I just bought a new computer and tried to copy a DVD to my hard drive, the transfer was succesful?

however when i tried to see the video again from my hard drive it was very jubled both the video and the audio. Video will show still frames of the movie for various seconds and then skip to another one and audio skips like a scratched CD. When i play the DVD (bourne Identitiy) directly from my DVD player it plays just fine. i have a 64 bit dual core amd processor, 2 gigs of ram, 300+ free gigs of hard drive space and this movie was the first thing i have put on my computer since i got it yesterday. What could be causing this?

I was told this problem was because i need a DVD ripper to get the whole DVD, if that is true i would like to know how to get one and where to get it from.

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Jarrod on 11-03-2008 at 07:02 AM

try this http://gordianknot.sourceforge.net/
this is the one that gets used for those awesome rips you see on p2p

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by djdannyp on 11-03-2008 at 08:29 AM

I've had decent results using this

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Eddie on 11-03-2008 at 08:42 AM

I recommend DVDFab, it is very easy to obtain and is pretty simple to use and rips very well (Y) if you need a hand in "obtaining" it then just message me :)

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by davidpolitis on 11-03-2008 at 09:37 AM

I always use AnyDVD or DVDFab for rips. Then I reduce the size using DVDShrink and burn to DVD. :P

:| The above post killed the thread *-)

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Dempsey on 11-03-2008 at 09:47 AM

I use handbrake

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Jarrod on 11-03-2008 at 10:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
I use handbrake
me2 sometimes if i i'm using macOS

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Chancer on 11-03-2008 at 06:29 PM

If you want to convert into DivX/XviD: Auto Gordian Knot
If you want the preserve the format: DVDShrink

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Ezra on 11-03-2008 at 06:35 PM

DVDDecrypter and if you want to make it 4.5 GB DVDShrink.

RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Dempsey on 11-04-2008 at 08:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
I use handbrake
me2 sometimes if i i'm using macOS
It's available for Windows too
RE: I need a good DVD ripper to copy dvd's to my hard drive,,is there a good one ? by Spunky on 11-04-2008 at 09:45 AM

SmartRipper.It backs up the VOB files (into 1 file if you wish) and then you can watch it in WMP or VLC. The files are about 4.5GB as they are still perfect DVD quality... but if you have 300GB+ left over, that shouldn't be an issue :p