Shoutbox

Vote WHO?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Vote WHO?? (/showthread.php?tid=87057)

Vote WHO?? by SmokingCookie on 11-03-2008 at 08:20 PM

Obama or McCain?

For me: Obama

right ^o)

The idea is to post for whom you will (/would) vote.

RE: Vote WHO?? by Basilis on 11-03-2008 at 08:40 PM

I would vote for Obama. He seems more convincing to me. That is why. Why don't you put a poll?

RE: Vote WHO?? by SmokingCookie on 11-03-2008 at 08:46 PM

Yeah, I've been searching for an "add poll" option in the "Edit post" panel.. No result :P

RE: Vote WHO?? by roflmao456 on 11-03-2008 at 09:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Yeah, I've been searching for an "add poll" option in the "Edit post" panel.. No result :P
there's the add poll option before you create a thread though :P
RE: Vote WHO?? by joey on 11-03-2008 at 09:19 PM

epoc faileur.

and id vote for obama just to piss of the rednecks that thinka black man ruling the world would turn the USA into a shithole.

RE: Vote WHO?? by robert_dll on 11-03-2008 at 09:23 PM

Maybe Obama... *-)

RE: Vote WHO?? by Rolando on 11-03-2008 at 09:47 PM

Definitely not for Palin..  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/01/masked-a...-cal_n_140023.html   (Yeah, I know she's just a VP. But still.)

..and I think they both suck. I just voted for the lesser of two evils (I'm purposely not saying who =P)

(and don't infer it was for Obama because I said Palin sucks. VPs do almost nothing in the US tbh.)

RE: Vote WHO?? by djdannyp on 11-03-2008 at 09:58 PM

For me it has to be Obama.......he's everything that Bush isn't (human, coherant, black, intelligent, etc)

Hopefully if he can get America to stop doing stupid things then America's lapdog (yeah, that's the UK) will start to follow suit and stop doing stupid things (like pointlessly sending our soldiers to die in other countries when our own countries are fucked up enough and need sorting!)

Palin is kinda hot tho :P

RE: Vote WHO?? by vaccination on 11-03-2008 at 10:03 PM

Obama

RE: Vote WHO?? by MeEtc on 11-03-2008 at 10:04 PM

I haven't been paying attention to anything relating to the US election, therefore my opinion is useless.

My vote: spoil

RE: Vote WHO?? by Dane on 11-03-2008 at 10:47 PM

McCain.

Obama is put up high on a pedestal by the media, but he's lied more throughout this race than McCain and seems to act as though he is running against Bush.  McCain is not Bush.

RE: Vote WHO?? by wj on 11-03-2008 at 11:26 PM

I'm voting Obama if for no other reason then McCain's health is nothing near where a president should be and his choice of a VP is scary to say the least.

More importantly, VOTE (if old enough and not a felon). If you do not vote, you are officially not allowed to bitch about the results for the next 4 years.

RE: Vote WHO?? by Joe on 11-04-2008 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
More importantly, VOTE (if old enough and not a felon). If you do not vote, you are officially not allowed to bitch about the results for the next 4 years.
I'm pretty tired of that statement.. it's TONS of bullshit.

Why the fuck should I vote if no candidate in my eyes will be good for our country? Also, why would not voting for a horrible leader, in my eyes, negate my right to be unhappy about some dumb-fuck that voters put into the office?

Voting for the sake of voting is extremely pointless...
RE: Vote WHO?? by MeEtc on 11-04-2008 at 01:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
I'm voting Obama
Says the man with the Bush-Cheney bumper sticker :p
RE: Vote WHO?? by Voldemort on 11-04-2008 at 01:47 AM

black is the new white!!!

(obamaftw. mccain is just old)

RE: Vote WHO?? by wj on 11-04-2008 at 05:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
quote:
Originally posted by wj
I'm voting Obama
Says the man with the Bush-Cheney bumper sticker :p

Political Satire FTW!

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Why the fuck should I vote if no candidate in my eyes will be good for our country?

Write in!

RE: Vote WHO?? by haydos on 11-04-2008 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Why the fuck should I vote if no candidate in my eyes will be good for our country?

That's a pretty silly opinion. You do realise if you vote for none of them it doesn't mean that none of them get in. If you don't like any vote for the least of the worst.
RE: Vote WHO?? by Walter 22 on 11-04-2008 at 04:19 PM

I don' t like politic... But I think that Obama is good.

RE: Vote WHO?? by absorbation on 11-04-2008 at 10:48 PM

As I'm currently studying US Politics, I have to be up all night following where the electoral college votes are going. Polls such as Gallup suggest Obama is in for a comfortable win, but the "Bradly effect" may distort the overall result.

People should realise that this election doesn't effect the US as much as it will effect the world. Any stalemate theorist would know the president's hold significant power overseas in terms of foreign policy. Then again, if a Democrat win does happen, then the coat-tails effect looks likely, and a strong majority will be in Congress thus meaning Obama would hold a lot more power than any other executive of the past 30 years.

RE: Vote WHO?? by wj on 11-04-2008 at 11:40 PM

You also have to look at the the senate which will likely have a Democratic Majority. It's looking like a democrat christmas today. But we'll see.

If you're looking for good information on polling and such, www.fivethirtyeight.com

RE: Vote WHO?? by ShawnZ on 11-05-2008 at 04:26 AM

k obama is president now

RE: Vote WHO?? by Rolando on 11-05-2008 at 04:32 AM

He's not really pres. yet, Bush lost popular vote and still became pres.

..although the chances of that happening again are slim.

RE: Vote WHO?? by tony on 11-05-2008 at 04:46 AM

Yup he won now: p

RE: Vote WHO?? by WDZ on 11-05-2008 at 06:19 AM

I'm glad it's over... the campaigning has been going on way too long. :p

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
k obama is president now
Technically he's the president-elect until Bush leaves office on January 20th. =p

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
Bush lost popular vote and still became pres.
Yeah, because he won the electoral vote... McCain is way too far behind to do that:

code:
U.S. President - Electoral College

Obama  (D) - 338
McCain (R) - 141

270 votes needed for presidency
Edit: He conceded now anyway.
RE: Vote WHO?? by Rolando on 11-05-2008 at 06:27 AM

I know what the electoral vote is. I never said it was likely to happen, I just said it could, and...

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
Electors are technically free to vote for anyone eligible to be President, but in practice pledge to vote for specific candidates [...]

:zippy:
RE: Vote WHO?? by SmokingCookie on 11-05-2008 at 03:10 PM

They've been talking abou a landslide on Dutch television :| :P

Reminds me of Martin Luther King though..

RE: Vote WHO?? by vaccination on 11-05-2008 at 03:13 PM

Wooobama!