Shoutbox

Multiple contact list columns - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Forum: Skin Requests (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+------ Thread: Multiple contact list columns (/showthread.php?tid=87102)

Multiple contact list columns by PNXRMX on 11-05-2008 at 04:35 PM

I have a rather long contact list, so I have a problem that I'm sure many users share, which is that not all my contacts are visible at the same time.

Would it be possible to create a skin which allows multiple contact list columns (e.g. 1 column per group/category)?

If so, could someone make one for WLM 9?

Thanks

RE: Multiple contact list columns by Spunky on 11-05-2008 at 05:37 PM

It can't be done like that unfortunatly. Have you thought about using WLM 9.0's categories. They work like groups from 8.5 and below. People you don't talk to much can be put into a group and then that group collapsed so you cannot see it.

You can also tell WLM to not show offline contacts and to not display a DP, but rather a small sqaure that indicates status

RE: Multiple contact list columns by Qpwoeirutz on 04-08-2009 at 12:08 PM

It's a bump, I guess. I just wanted to ask exactly the same thing but I performed a search first and found this topic. Is this still impossible to do? Columns would really improve the usability of WLM.

RE: Multiple contact list columns by robert_dll on 04-08-2009 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Qpwoeirutz
It's Is this still impossible to do?
Still impossible, and it will stay like that, at least while we have WLM 2009
RE: Multiple contact list columns by Spunky on 04-08-2009 at 09:25 PM

I think it will be like this for a long time. I only wish we will eventually get more options on how to display contactssuch as "Tiles", "Details" etc. This may allow more flexibility with skins and possibly some scripts will be able to make more changes to the contact list