Shoutbox

[released] | [beta] Video Converter Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [released] | [beta] Video Converter Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=87110)

[released] | [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 11-05-2008 at 08:44 PM

That's right:

Video Converter Plus!
Version 2.60.016 and 2.70.017 beta

Easily convert video and audio files to whatever format you like.

You may store your conversion queues for later use, export video profiles and use audio profiles, to make things a whole lot easier! Such a "profile" is XML data that store parameters, like the new video's output format, frame rate, widht and height, audio codec, bit rate, etc.

Video Converter Plus! uses FFMPEG.

Features: (H)

• Easily convert videos and audio files, through a user-friendly interface
  • Multiple languages to make your overall experience throughout the script better
  • An advanced internet browser, so you can view help documents, statistics and more
  • Convert as many videos as you want: Video Converter Plus! writes lines into a batch file. On each line, FFMPEG is called, with its set of parameters, input and output videos. 
  • Have all converted videos in one folder. All converted videos will be placed a folder in the Script's main folder. By default, this is C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Video Converter Plus!\Converted videos\<your@email.com>
  • View (converted) videos, within Video Converter Plus!, using the browser mentioned above. Video Converter Plus! generates an HTML file, which is coded to display the video you specify. It must be located in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Video Converter Plus!\Converted videos\<your@email.com>.
  • No useless files being kept: Video Converter Plus! automatically detects and tries to delete any useless files it finds. If a file is found, it'll be deleted, and Video Converter Plus! will restart right afterwards. You will not notice this. 
  • Minimised risk for corruption: Video Converter Plus! tries to locate all its required files, specified in a special XML file. The first file specified, but not found will trigger an alert, and Video Converter Plus! will not initialise. You will be asked to reinstall the script.
  • Exportable conversion queues: never lose track of the files you want to convert. You can now save a conversion queue. If you need to shut down for whatever reason, export your queue to an XML file, and start converting again. No need to browse and search hours for that one video any more, just click the menu button in the bottom-left corner of the Queue tab and there you go.
  • Convert from the command line: specify a queue file, a conversion profile and there you go ;)
  • Easier video profiles: all parameters are now stored in one single file. Because VCP is in beta stage, you'll have to edit the XML ("VideoProfiles.xml") by hand to add video profiles. Now I redistribute an example file along with the PLSC file. This file can be found in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts\Video Converter Plus!
  • An update system to avoid losing track of future updates, and for those using an older Plus! version
  • A notification system
  • A language updater that keeps track of the language versions
  • Added the ability to add an icon to the system-tray area.
  • API andplug-in systems have been added.
  • Many more features can be seen in the change log at Video Converter Plus!' web page.

Known issues: *-)
  • The script is not polygamy-safe (addressed in 2.70.017)
  • I cannot get the scrolling functionality to work in the Update tab (could use some help on this...)
  • The tray icon is partially supported in Windows 7

Languages: 8-|
By default, Video Converter Plus! comes with these languages:
  • English (UK)
  • Dutch
  • Empty language file suitable for translating purposes. If you wish to translate it to your language, please contact me.

Download :D
From my website

To download the beta version: see attachment.
RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by Basilis on 11-05-2008 at 08:52 PM

Sounds incredible. Great idea man! :D I am waiting for the screenshot

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by DennisMartijn on 11-05-2008 at 08:53 PM

This is by far one of the most usefull scripts I know. Can't wait to use it!

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by prashker on 11-05-2008 at 09:07 PM

rofl wtf :p, how would this be better than a standalone thing :(?

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by Voldemort on 11-05-2008 at 09:26 PM

it would be better as a standalone app, but a nice thing would be to have profiles for things like an ipod or something (with a nice bitrate and res set for each profile)

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by Ezra on 11-05-2008 at 09:37 PM

If you make this standalone it will be basically the same as Mencoder.

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by warmth on 11-06-2008 at 12:52 AM

Great great and great :P I will appear in credits as spanish translator... jajajaja (I hope so)

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 11-06-2008 at 05:49 PM

Woa thanks lads :D :P

@ warmth: the script is not yet finished, but I suppose I'll send the translation file to you when needed? :P

About a standalone app: I can't. I understand C/C++, nor VB, or any other programming language other than JScript/JavaScript. I'm sorry, I've been scripting seriously for just little over a year by now..

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by matty on 11-06-2008 at 06:12 PM

Screenshots?

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 11-06-2008 at 06:15 PM

On it, just finished my homework and I've just checked the rest of my mail..

Finished it, uploading uploaded (please PM me if the screen sucks :P )

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by matty on 11-06-2008 at 07:00 PM

For the about window you should change it so that it will show a scrollbar so that they do not need to resize the window to read the bottom section.

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 11-06-2008 at 07:04 PM

Yes, that was my first idea, but I figured grabbing a scrollbar's current position and moving a child window accordingly is gonna take a load of work. Just wait for the first release :P

RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by Matti on 11-06-2008 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SmokingCookie
Yes, that was my first idea, but I figured grabbing a scrollbar's current position and moving a child window accordingly is gonna take a load of work. Just wait for the first release :P
What's the problem with a rich-edit control with the ReadOnly and Multiline attributes set to true? It does just what you want... Heck, you don't even have the greyed-out style when you set it to read-only which you get for normal edit controls! :P

I use it for Countdown Live's about window and as you can see: it does the job flawlessly. :)
RE: [preview] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 11-07-2008 at 06:01 PM

I see, I'll add a new screenshot somewhere in the weekend, currently programming it, so leaving code half-finished will give a load of syntax errors :P

EDIT:

See the first beta :D
Converting from the command line is not yet possible due to some technical difficulties..

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by matty on 11-07-2008 at 06:40 PM

quote:
Converting from the command line is not yet possible due to some technical difficulties..
What type of difficulties? You have help from an amazing group of programmers here so if you are having issues post it.
RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 11-07-2008 at 07:01 PM

Well, I like to use shortcuts, but they don't work atm, so I'll have to use a more direct apprpaoch..

But my teachers have given me a sh*t load of homework for Monday (today is Friday, 20.00) so I'm busy all weekend :S

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 11-08-2008 at 02:35 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I learn during each project ;)

If I need help anyway, I'll PM you. Then it's up to you to decide whether you'll reply :P

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 11-25-2008 at 08:40 PM

All the way back to the top, because version 1.92.010 beta is released

See 1st post

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by mysoogal on 05-03-2009 at 09:00 PM

does this thing have watch folder feature ? which listens from folder then starts encoding video ?

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 05-04-2009 at 07:43 AM

No it doesn't. The reason for that is that Plus! does support callback functions, but only synchronously; the pointers to these functions have to be used immediately, and then they must be discarded.

Another thing I may look into is having a C# DLL watch a folder, and then notify VCP. But that involves my C# skills, which are atm not to great.

EDIT:: The last thing may work.. Currently looking into that..

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 05-15-2009 at 06:53 PM

Back to top for the 2.40.014 released! :D

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by Spongshga on 08-31-2009 at 04:38 PM

can you tell me about this:
Online file: http://scanner.novirusthanks.org/?session=2045292...364324163#url-scan
(downloadet file: http://scanner.novirusthanks.org/?session=1011973...921472491323372646 )

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 08-31-2009 at 04:48 PM

All I can tell you about those links is that a magnifier keeps circling above some icon. I can assure you that this script is entirely safe. A/v software often marks JScript files as viruses, while they are in fact harmless. Just to make sure, I downloaded the file from my website and scanned it with my a/v software (F-secure); you're safe to import the package.

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 09-12-2009 at 02:28 PM

Version 2.50.015 has been added to the scripts' database :D

RE: [beta] Video Converter Plus! by Eddie on 09-13-2009 at 03:24 PM

Would this allow you to convert videos into a format for the iPhone, if it does, that is absolutely epic :)

RE: [released] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 09-14-2009 at 07:34 AM

Well, that depends on what formats an iPhone supports. If it supports .MOV or .MP4 videos, you can upload them to your phone.

RE: [released] Video Converter Plus! by Eddie on 09-15-2009 at 05:30 PM

quote:
Well, that depends on what formats an iPhone supports. If it supports .MOV or .MP4 videos, you can upload them to your phone.
It does indeed, I will try it out tomorrow and let you know, would be epic if it does work!
RE: [released] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 09-15-2009 at 05:35 PM

That's okay. Note though, that I've had some trouble playing some videos on my iPod (Video, 30 gB). Although I did convert them to .MOV and to .MP4, iTunes refused to sync them, stating that "the iPod does not support the video format" (pretty literally translated..).

Other videos did work, BTW.

RE: [released] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 06-18-2010 at 03:59 PM

Version 2.70.017 is ready for a beta release; see first post.

RE: [released] | [beta] Video Converter Plus! by whiz on 06-18-2010 at 05:37 PM

"An error occurred while importing the script files."

Seems to open alright as a ZIP folder, though.  :S  Is it because I'm using XP?

RE: [released] | [beta] Video Converter Plus! by matty on 06-18-2010 at 05:48 PM

ZIP ActiveX.dll is missing from the package...
Why is _backup in the Interface folder?

RE: RE: [released] | [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 06-18-2010 at 06:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matty
ZIP ActiveX.dll is missing from the package...
Why is _backup in the Interface folder?

*feels stupid*

Forgot to remove that stuff :S

Actually, the _backup folder may be useful to me. *-)

Edit: fixed, should work now.
RE: [released] | [beta] Video Converter Plus! by SmokingCookie on 07-28-2010 at 05:11 PM

I'm kinda.. running out of ideas. Suggestions are welcome! :D