Shoutbox

[Released]Skin wich only provides Options - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Skinning (/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+----- Thread: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options (/showthread.php?tid=87132)

[Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 11-07-2008 at 11:04 AM

Hi,

I've just finished the first version of a "Skin" for the last  public beta of Messenger which does not change the appearance of the different windows but only provides option to hide several button.

Would someone be interested in this "Skin" and is it possible to submit this kind of Skin?

I join a screenshot of the option window

EDIT: It's a screenshot of the last version 3.5.1 released 02-15-09

[Image: AvalonConcept2009.png]

Guéna

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by djdannyp on 11-07-2008 at 11:31 AM

It is indeed possible to submit this kind of skin

Vilkku has already made such a skin (albeit quite some time ago)

I'm sure many people will appreciate yours too as it's a great idea

However, you will have to remove the option to hide the advertisments (as skins in the database are not permitted to have such an option)

or you could always host it yourself somewhere, rather than on the skins database

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 11-07-2008 at 07:19 PM

maybe you should translate it into several languages for more people find it useful...

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Menthix on 11-07-2008 at 07:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guena
Would someone be interested in this "Skin" and is it possible to submit this kind of Skin?
It sure is accetapble in the Skins DB as long as there is no option to hide Messenger's advertisements (the banner on the contactslists and the text links in the conversation windows).

But if you do submit it I would prefer it includes everything in English too. People visiting the site are from all around the world, English can be read by most of the users.
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Squillace on 11-07-2008 at 08:20 PM

Will you include an option to align the display pictures at right again?

Thanks ;)

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 11-21-2008 at 02:40 PM

Hi,

Of course if I submit the skin I will remove the options which allow to hide advertisments.
The skin will be in available in english too.
I'm going to work on right alignement of display picture in conversation window but Sopair Skin already do it very well.

Here is the last screenshot of the options windows, still in french at the moment.
[Image: Avalon.png]

I've just add an option that allow to change the police font in buddy list.
I'll probably remove the background picture option or add a lot of picture, I don't know what is the best do.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 11-21-2008 at 03:25 PM

looks nice the panel... count on me if you wanna translate it in spanish... ;)

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by ZOiD on 11-21-2008 at 03:38 PM

Hello!!!
If you can change the  options sKIN, why dont  try only show  images?
This saves very much space, and the skin looks great(in my opinion:P)...

Seelater....

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Basilis on 11-21-2008 at 03:54 PM

You could just use the image and delete that "Le bouton". It would save much space as ZOiD said. The skin looks very promising. :)

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by vaccination on 11-21-2008 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZOiD
Hello!!!

Seelater....
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
You could just use the image and delete that "Le bouton". It would save much space as ZOiD said. The skin looks very promising. :)
No because you might not know what it is. That's a stupid idea, not to mention there's no need to make the options window small =/

--
Also I think it looks really good, well done (Y)
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Basilis on 11-21-2008 at 07:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by ZOiD
Hello!!!

Seelater....
quote:
Originally posted by Basilis
No because you might not know what it is. That's a stupid idea, not to mention there's no need to make the options window small =/

--
Also I think it looks really good, well done (Y)
He could just add the "Le bouton" next to the Masquer and delete it from all the others. This way, you will know what it is. I agree that there is no need for the options window to be small but why not save space when you can?
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Squillace on 11-22-2008 at 04:21 AM

This is looking great. But please, PLEASE, could you add an option to hide those stupid and ugly dots before each message? Thanks thanks thanks, many thanks. :D

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 11-26-2008 at 07:58 PM

The Skin should be available in a few days

Here is the last version of the Option Panel

Background pictures are just given as example.
You can send nice pictures you would like to have in the skin at: avalonskinner@live.fr

Guéna

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 11-26-2008 at 09:11 PM

Nice backgrounds! =)

The options panel looks perfect, except for a wrong thingy between "Le bouton Appeler" and "Le bouton Jeux".
Loved your backgrounds! =O Specially "Orange Shades", and I have 9 of them actually =P
Could you translate it please? I'm curious about some options, I'll download it for sure when it's ready.

Good luck with your skin! =) Just remeber to remove the "Masquer Le bandeau Publicitaire" option...

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 11-26-2008 at 10:30 PM

are you going to release it finally with languages??? how about spanish???

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Lou on 11-26-2008 at 11:36 PM

I could probably do a quick English translation in all honesty, it might make your job a little bit easier:P.

Looking nice.

Je pourrais faire une traduction anglaise pour toi pour te rendre la vie un peu plus simple si tu veux :P.
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by lordtinuviel on 11-27-2008 at 01:57 AM

guena

great job, i love it...but i must ask, since u r going to remove the option to hide the adds are u going to provide a .reg to remove it?

thanks again

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 11-27-2008 at 10:44 AM

The option to hide Advertisments will be remove but I'll add a regfil.
I will probably send the skin to translators tomorrow so if anyone want to translate the option Panel in his own language send me a private message.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Spunky on 11-27-2008 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blessedguy
The options panel looks perfect, except for a wrong thingy between "Le bouton Appeler" and "Le bouton Jeux".

You noticed it too? :p
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 11-28-2008 at 01:10 AM

After a very long work here is the last version of the option panel before I submit the Skin

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by prashker on 11-28-2008 at 01:26 AM

quote:
<3

Is this for latest WLM9 Beta or 8.5 (a)?
RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by djdannyp on 11-28-2008 at 03:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
quote:
<3

Is this for latest WLM9 Beta or 8.5 (a)?

It's for the beta.....hence the options to remove Beta only things like the contact list layout button :P
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 11-28-2008 at 01:15 PM

Perfect! =O
But you still haven't removed the remove ads option! Remeber to remove it before submitting it =)

RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by lordtinuviel on 11-28-2008 at 01:46 PM

quote:
Perfect! =O
But you still haven't removed the remove ads option! Remeber to remove it before submitting it =)

knock it off....sounds like an annoying mom lol...he already said that he will remove it.....
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Basilis on 11-28-2008 at 02:38 PM

The last version looks great. Good job! :)

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Squillace on 12-01-2008 at 11:48 PM

Am I the only one for who those "dots" before each message are annoying? Is there any chance to have an option to remove 'em in this skin? (or maybe a solution to do it myself?)

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 12-02-2008 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Squillace
Am I the only one for who those "dots" before each message are annoying?
You're not the only one... I (accidentaly pressed something that posted before finishing...) even uninstalled 9 Beta to avoid seeing them again, but now have only a bugged 8.5 (no scrools for example) and 8.1, don't even know how it's working.

(By the way, since when MenthiX is not updating skins database? I've already sent the same .plsk 5 times, between yesterday and august, and my skin doesn't get updated at all!)
RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 12-02-2008 at 12:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Squillace
Am I the only one for who those "dots" before each message are annoying? Is there any chance to have an option to remove 'em in this skin? (or maybe a solution to do it myself?)

Yes it is possible and it is now done, I have just to find a small place to add the option on my panel. Ths skin should be finished and submited tomorrow.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Menthix on 12-02-2008 at 10:36 AM

quote:
By the way, since when MenthiX is not updating skins database? I've already sent the same .plsk 5 times, between yesterday and august, and my skin doesn't get updated at all!)
That's strange.

I am behind a bit (will update soon), but not that far :). There are no mails from you waiting in my inbox, I'd have to look if there are any old mails from you between august and recently (PM me which address you sent from and dates), but if there were I should have replied to them long time ago.

Try resending the mail again, make sure the address is correct, and PM me when you did. I'll check it out.
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Vilkku on 12-02-2008 at 11:01 AM

As soon as your skin is accepted to the database I'll discontinue Plus!Patch in favour for your skin, as it seems to do all the old Plus!Patch did and more, and I'm not arsed to update Plus!Patch atm anyway :P Good job.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 12-02-2008 at 04:05 PM

The skin has been submited.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Lou on 12-02-2008 at 10:41 PM

I sent a line update to the skin, I was hoping you would have waited till I checked over my translation, but anyway, the fix is sitting in your inbox. It's just a little problem where I wrote green instead of blue :P. Shouldn't make too much of a difference considering the blocks themselves are coloured.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 12-03-2008 at 12:08 AM

Thanks for that dude... great project... I hope this can be improved more in future adding more languages and bug fixes...

UPDATE: MP!L button dissapeared from convos using the default options and there isn't any option to enable it again...

QUESTION: why did you change the icon of emails in CL and why the icons of new options appearing there are little???

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Squillace on 12-04-2008 at 01:42 AM

quote:
Yes it is possible and it is now done, I have just to find a small place to add the option on my panel. Ths skin should be finished and submited tomorrow.
Thank you very much Guena
(merci en fait :o )

I'm going to test it right now!
Ok, great job. ;)
However, I would suggest two things to a future update:

1) The possibility to align display pictures to right again, like in 8.5.

2) The possibility to move the formating bar (to add smilies, winks, etc.) to the top of the text area, instead of bottom.
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 12-04-2008 at 02:22 AM

Script buttom in CL dissapeared as well... :(

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 12-04-2008 at 08:56 AM

Script button is now back but not at the same place because there is an issue with Plus cmdId in UI 1001.
Script button is near Plus! button for the moment.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 12-05-2008 at 05:25 AM

you didn't answer my other post :(

SUGGESTION: edit the name of the file replacing the spaces with - :$

as you said the script icon in the options panel of your skin is there but the option isn't working... cause if you check it and apply the changes MP!L never ask you to restart WLM and when you open the options is unchecked... so... there is a problem there...

as I said before the MP!L icon in the top corner of the conversation windows dissapeared as well... and should do an option to leave the Email icon as the default one too... thanks in advance dude...
RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 12-05-2008 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
you didn't answer my other post :(

SUGGESTION: edit the name of the file replacing the spaces with - :$
as you said the script icon in the options panel of your skin is there but the option isn't working... cause if you check it and apply the changes MP!L never ask you to restart WLM and when you open the options is unchecked... so... there is a problem there...

as I said before the MP!L icon in the top corner of the conversation windows dissapeared as well... and should do an option to leave the Email icon as the default one too... thanks in advance dude...

The option for script icon work properly now and the MP!L icon in the conversation windows is back , sorry...
I restored the original mail button too.

you can download the last update here

It's a .zip file wich include the .plsk file because of file extension restriction of my new host.
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 12-09-2008 at 02:01 PM

The skin is online

http://www.msgpluslive.fr/skins/view/126-Avalon-Concept-2009/

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by btr999 on 12-09-2008 at 02:03 PM

hello
i'm glad u made this skin but theres a bit problem with installation.
first i installed it, and it required me to restart msn so i restarted, but it got error 'a script failed to import. please restart your pc and try to import the script pack again'. the skin is still working, just the option panel is not like the screenshot u've shown. mine has no thumbnails, and the options are like :
BLPSFontColor,BLPSMFontColor,BLHideOptBtn and etc which although i can guess what they are for, it's a bit annoying to guess everytime i want to set them. so do you have any solution for this? thanks for the skin its awesome still

RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 12-09-2008 at 04:21 PM

NEW OPTION

You can download here a new build of the skin.

The .Zip file contain the Skin and a Script called "Avalon Concept 2009 Background Adder".

The script allow you to add your own picture to backgrounds available in the Skin.
After adding your picture with the script, choose 'My Picture" as contact list background picture in the option panel of the skin.

Restart Messenger and your picture will be displayed as contact list background.

The script is based upon the code of Veggie and so won't be submitted without his authorization.

Guéna

quote:
Originally posted by btr999
hello
first i installed it, and it required me to restart msn so i restarted, but it got error 'a script failed to import. please restart your pc and try to import the script pack again'. the skin is still working, just the option panel is not like the screenshot u've shown. mine has no thumbnails, and the options are like :
BLPSFontColor,BLPSMFontColor,BLHideOptBtn and etc which although i can guess what they are for, it's a bit annoying to guess everytime i want to set them. so do you have any solution for this? thanks for the skin its awesome still

Hi,

It probably means that SkinInfo.xml file or Options.xml file is corrupted so the first thing to try is to re-install the skin.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 12-09-2008 at 09:19 PM

great dude... nice options...

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Basilis on 12-09-2008 at 09:25 PM

You might want to know that a new Messenger build will be released any time soon so my advice is to wait to see any changes this build will bring and then continue the development of your skin. :)

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 12-10-2008 at 05:06 AM

Dude:

1. latest release bring back the ugly mail icon you set :P
2. the MP!L icon in convo is kinda ugly made or displayed...

RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 12-10-2008 at 09:00 AM

quote:
Dude:

1. latest release bring back the ugly mail icon you set :P
2. the MP!L icon in convo is kinda ugly made or displayed...

Default Mail icon is now back again sorry. Udapte here

Could you please precise what is the problem with the MP!L icon?
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 12-10-2008 at 02:21 PM

thanks dude... the MP!L icon in the convo is more vertically streched than the original one from my point of view...

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 12-12-2008 at 03:44 PM

A new Build is available.
The Script is now in french and english and allow to remove the picture added.
As soon as I 'll have a function to resize picture, a thumbnail will be automatically add to the option panel of the Skin.

The Skin and the Script must be updated together.
The Skin can work alone but the Script need the last build of the Skin to work properly.

Udapte here

RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by redeyes717 on 12-22-2008 at 10:28 PM

quote:
As soon as I 'll have a function to resize picture, a thumbnail will be automatically add to the option panel of the Skin.

The Skin can work alone but the Script need the last build of the Skin to work properly.

Udapte here

Hi Guena, first of all ... GOOD JOB and keep on doing!

I've just updated to the very last WLM 9 release candidate Version 2009 - build 14.0.8050.1202.

it seems your skin doesn't work here.. so sad :-(

of course I've installed the very latest MPlus release ( 4.79.0.342)

any suggestion to let it workin' man?

Andrea, Red
RE: RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by djdannyp on 12-22-2008 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by redeyes717
quote:

Udapte here

Hi Guena, first of all ... GOOD JOB and keep on doing!

I've just updated to the very last WLM 9 release candidate Version 2009 - build 14.0.8050.1202.

it seems your skin doesn't work here.. so sad :-(

of course I've installed the very latest MPlus release ( 4.79.0.342)

any suggestion to let it workin' man?

Andrea, Red

Please read the thread linked at the top of the forum index.

Plus isn't fully compatible with the new release candidate and any skins already created for any version of messenger will need to be reworked if and when skinning for the RC is developed
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by redeyes717 on 12-22-2008 at 10:45 PM

Thanks DJdannyp..
at least I'm gonna stop searching all over the web ..

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-11-2009 at 11:20 AM

I will start to work on the update of the Skin tonight, so it should be available in a few days.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 01-12-2009 at 09:16 PM

Guena, one thingy... how did you remove the dots before each message pls?

RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-12-2009 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Guena, one thingy... how did you remove the dots before each message pls?

The only way I found is to replace picture msgres_4000_1786.png by a transparent one.

The update of Avalon Concept 2009 for WLM9 final is now available with a few more options and can be downloaded  here

Guéna

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 01-12-2009 at 09:46 PM

Looks great =)
And thanks for the help. by the way, replacing it with a 1x1px image makes the space almost unnoticeable...

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-12-2009 at 09:48 PM

Great dude... ;)

UPDATE: the skin is giving me a skin trace... and the look is not even the same you have there in your post... I have updated the script too and now the if you click any of the options in the menu at doesn't happen anything...

code:
09/01/09 13:44:03| **** The trace has started ****
09/01/09 13:44:03| Skin: Avalon Concept 2009 1.0.2
09/01/09 13:44:03| Messenger version: 14.0.1202.8050 (es-es_tradnl)
09/01/09 13:44:03| Messenger Plus! version: 4.79.351
09/01/09 13:44:03| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 923
09/01/09 13:44:03| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/09 13:44:03| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 947
09/01/09 13:44:03| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/09 13:44:07| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 1001
09/01/09 13:44:07| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/09 13:44:07| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 1002
09/01/09 13:44:07| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/09 13:44:17| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 920
09/01/09 13:44:17| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/09 13:50:06| **** The trace has ended ****

09/01/12 17:19:59| **** The trace has started ****
09/01/12 17:19:59| Skin: Avalon Concept 2009 1.0.2
09/01/12 17:19:59| Messenger version: 14.0.1202.8050 (es-es_tradnl)
09/01/12 17:19:59| Messenger Plus! version: 4.79.353
09/01/12 17:19:59| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 923
09/01/12 17:19:59| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/12 17:19:59| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 947
09/01/12 17:19:59| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/12 17:20:18| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 1001
09/01/12 17:20:18| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/12 17:20:18| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 1002
09/01/12 17:20:18| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/12 17:22:50| **** The trace has ended ****

09/01/12 17:23:53| **** The trace has started ****
09/01/12 17:23:53| Skin: Avalon Concept 2009 1.0.2
09/01/12 17:23:53| Messenger version: 14.0.1202.8050 (es-es_tradnl)
09/01/12 17:23:53| Messenger Plus! version: 4.79.353
09/01/12 17:23:53| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 923
09/01/12 17:23:53| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/12 17:23:53| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 947
09/01/12 17:23:53| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/12 17:24:07| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 1001
09/01/12 17:24:07| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1
09/01/12 17:24:07| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 1002
09/01/12 17:24:07| Missing <*PlusSkin/> tag at the beginning. Line (def): 1

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Basilis on 01-12-2009 at 10:09 PM

Gives me a skin trace too. Messenger didn't even open with it enabled

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by djdannyp on 01-12-2009 at 10:19 PM

Looks like he hasn't actually changed the skin to include the new extracted resource files and has just changed the version tag or something

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 01-12-2009 at 10:19 PM

Are you sure you replaced the definitions and styles?
Looks like there's missing the first line...

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-12-2009 at 10:39 PM

The link is WRONG, I update the link in a fews minutes

SORRY

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-12-2009 at 10:59 PM

so here is the good link.

SORRYYYYYYYYYYY

Please tell me if it's OK for you

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-12-2009 at 11:20 PM

if you enable the option to only show icons in the convo tool bar... the block text isn't removed...

and why the order from the transparency... 100, 25, 50, 75???

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-12-2009 at 11:37 PM

<Item Id="192">25%</Item>
                    <Item Id="128">50%</Item>
                    <Item Id="64">75%</Item>
                    <Item Id="0">100%</Item>
                    <Item Id="false">Disactivated</Item>

Messenger Plus! display  item in "alphabetic order" so 0, 128, 192, 64 and the result is  100%, 50%, 25%,  75%. I tried to change the order but it seems to be impossible.

I'm going to study why the block text isn't removed, thanks for your help.

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 01-13-2009 at 01:33 AM

change the item ID =)

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-13-2009 at 08:37 AM

I use the following function :

<*PlusSkin Conditions(TransCWBackgrnd != "false") *> background:argb(<*PlusSkin ValueOf(TransCWBackgrnd)*/>,255,255,255);</*PlusSkin*>

so it's gonna be difficult to change Item ID. :P

Of you course I could do it without "ValueOf" but I would have 4 line of code instead of one.

(This synthax works only in Style files, in Definition files it's a bit different)

The block text is now removed when you select "Icon Only"

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Squillace on 01-13-2009 at 09:21 AM

Could you please please please add an option to align display pictures to the right? :p

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 01-13-2009 at 12:19 PM

Yes, I said about having a bit more code =P

(4 lines isn't nothing... for some options to work I did even make 4 different definitions file inside one =P yes... options inside another options work)

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-13-2009 at 02:11 PM

the script is still not working...

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-13-2009 at 02:15 PM

It works fine on my computer. I check it and update the link.
Once again thank you for your help

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-13-2009 at 02:53 PM

your welcome my friend... still doesn't work for me...

the weird thing is that the menu appears fine and nothing appears as an error in the debug window... but when you click any of the three options nothing happens... maybe you should ask for help to an advanced scripter...

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-13-2009 at 03:00 PM

It's Ok (I think) I found the problem.
It worked fine in French but not in English.

Can you please dowload the update of the script here and then tell me if it's OK.

Thanks

RE: Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-13-2009 at 03:45 PM

yeah now works fine...

I must suggest some kind of redesign to all your stuffs to give some more professional finish to this great work... and maybe you should comment all your codes to help people understand it and use it as a guide to learn and maybe to copy/past part of it giving credits to you in the skins/scripts...

RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-14-2009 at 10:25 AM

quote:
yeah now works fine...

I must suggest some kind of redesign to all your stuffs to give some more professional finish to this great work... and maybe you should comment all your codes to help people understand it and use it as a guide to learn and maybe to copy/past part of it giving credits to you in the skins/scripts...

Yes it's a good idea, but before I'm going to work on the Script. I still have a function to develop in order to add a thumbnail of the picture added to background by user to the option panel of the skin. I need a function to resize the picture.

I released a new option for the Skin yesterday wich allow to add shortcuts to change of status as you can see on the screenshot.

[Image: statusright.png]

Some people asked me by mail to add an option to rightalign DP in chat window, I will work on this evening.

Download

I'm looking for Translator. If you are interested send me a PM.
English and French are already done

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-14-2009 at 04:05 PM

pretty nice... ;) if you need some help with graphics... just let me know...

if you want PM me for my WLMID...

[OFFTOPIC]:o) post 1300!!! yeah baby!!![/OFFTOPIC]

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-14-2009 at 08:24 PM

quote:
pretty nice... ;) if you need some help with graphics... just let me know...

OK Thanks

The DP Right alignement option in chat window is now available.

Download

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Andylongi on 01-14-2009 at 11:53 PM

Looks nice so far the only thing which i dont like is that the scenes are still there on the top

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by BallerinaGirl- on 01-15-2009 at 01:49 AM

Hey Awesome skin!! I just downloaded the whole new msn thing + plus+ skin and after setting your skin it looks so much better ! :D I still couldn't figure out how to set my own image to the background but.. i'll keep on surfing through the options and all :)

Nice work!

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by EL DIEZ on 01-15-2009 at 11:24 AM

Very good work, thank you very much..looks fine. I also couldnt set my own picture.

...Regards...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-15-2009 at 05:59 PM

Some user reports than the Script (not the Skin) does not work under Vista. I'm under XP and do not have access to any PC under Vista so it's very difficult for me to find the problem.

If a Skinner or a Scripter could confirm the issue it would be great.

The update of the Skin has been added to the database yesterday evenning (thanks to MenthiX), don't forget to give an evaluation.

I'm still working on new option. You can also send me your idea.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 01-15-2009 at 08:05 PM

First of all : Bravo pour ce superbe skin...
I have request...
1) add button to chat and contact window to open receive files folder.
2) add button to chat windows to "Disconnect/Close WLM" (like in contact window (red crose). And about this button in french tooltip is "&Se déconnecter" instead of "Se déconnecter" without "&".
3) can change colour of status in contacts window
4) hide ad ;)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 01-15-2009 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Albator V
I have request...
2) add button to chat windows to "Disconnect/Close WLM" (like in contact cros button. And about this button in french tooltip is "&Se déconnecter"
4) hide ad ;)
1. Not possible =)
2. Easy... don't even know why he hasn't done it yet... but tooltips can't be added. (if it was, he would have to add one for each language... and create new strings.)
3. Nope
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by bjorentje on 01-15-2009 at 09:43 PM

Hey all,

I have vista, and i installed this script from the site database, and i installed it but when msn restarted my msgplus live disappeared!

Anyone know how to fix this?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 01-15-2009 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bjorentje
Hey all,

I have vista, and i installed this script from the site database, and i installed it but when msn restarted my msgplus live disappeared!

Anyone know how to fix this?
Do yo also have the latest version of this skin?
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by bjorentje on 01-15-2009 at 09:52 PM

i think so , i download it from this page.
http://www.msgplus.net/skins/view/126-Avalon-Concept-2009/
But now my msgplus live is gone , so i need to re-install i guess?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 01-15-2009 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bjorentje
i think so , i download it from this page.
http://www.msgplus.net/skins/view/126-Avalon-Concept-2009/
But now my msgplus live is gone , so i need to re-install i guess?
Don't know
Wait till guena log in =)
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by bjorentje on 01-15-2009 at 10:19 PM

Dang it -_- xD

G2g sleep anyway.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by bjorentje on 01-15-2009 at 10:26 PM

Its all fixed, i went to program's screen and i clicked on fix msgpluslive, and now it works all fine, ty.

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-16-2009 at 02:09 PM

quote:
quote:
I have request...
2) add button to chat windows to "Disconnect/Close WLM" (like in contact cros button. And about this button in french tooltip is "&Se déconnecter"
4) hide ad ;)
1. Not possible =)
2. Easy... don't even know why he hasn't done it yet... but tooltips can't be added. (if it was, he would have to add one for each language... and create new strings.)
3. Nope

2. I was working on to display it near the Display Picture.
It's now done as you can see on the Screenshot[Image: CWStatusShortcut.png]

Download

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by adventurier on 01-16-2009 at 03:34 PM

hey, thnx 4 the skni, it is very useful but i have a problem, i hope u can fix it when i open the messenger in a small window i can see nothin
[Image: f_restoringbum_1130fa2.jpg]

but when i maximize the window i see evry thing normally
[Image: f_maximizem_0dc15a9.jpg]

note: i re-installed the skni but i have the same problem

thnx

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-16-2009 at 03:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adventurier
hey, thnx 4 the skni, it is very useful but i have a problem, i hope u can fix it when i open the messenger in a small window i can see nothin

thnx

Verry strange. I'm going to study It. Does anybody have the same problem?

Download

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 01-16-2009 at 03:51 PM

quote:
2. I was working on to display it near the Display Picture.
It's now done as you can see on the Screenshot
Excellent, thanks

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by adventurier on 01-16-2009 at 06:34 PM

quote:
quote:

thnx

Download

i think i've downloaded from this link, i'm 4 ur reply & thnx
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-16-2009 at 06:55 PM

can't confirm that... Vista SP1

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-16-2009 at 08:05 PM

Thanks Warmth,

could you please tell me if the script works on your computer?

Thanks in advance

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 01-16-2009 at 08:28 PM

Another requests/suggestions :
- can choose wlm default color for category, nick or personnal message
- sort colors alphabetically in drop list
- can display MP!L button in toolbar too

PS: no problem with your script and skin with vista sp1 (french)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by adventurier on 01-16-2009 at 08:39 PM

does anyone here tried it on xp sp3?

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-16-2009 at 08:40 PM

quote:
Another requests/suggestions :
- can choose wlm default color for category, nick or personnal message
- sort colors alphabetically in drop list
- can display MP!L button in toolbar too

PS: no problem with your script and skin with vista sp1 (french)

Default color is available, currently called "Originale" in French (last of the list), I will rename it in "Défaut" in next build.

I can't sort color in alphabetic order.

I can display MP!L button in toolbar but it won't works due to an small issue.

Thanks for information about Vista
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-16-2009 at 08:43 PM

quote:
does anyone here tried it on xp sp3?

I did it on XP SP3
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by adventurier on 01-16-2009 at 08:48 PM

i don't anderstand why it have this problem on my pc :'( ,  is there any hope to find a solution? or i will have to remove the skin? :'(

thnx

RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 01-16-2009 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Default color is available, currently called "Originale" in French (last of the list), I will rename it in "Défaut" in next build.

I don't speak about grey color but if you choose blue color for background, can display with this color... see screenshot...

[Image: 20090116214831jk2.png]
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-16-2009 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Thanks Warmth,

could you please tell me if the script works on your computer?

Thanks in advance
Actually is not... when you click the browse button to search for a picture it do nothing (I tried the delete function too but I can't see if is working or not) and look what appears in debug windows...

code:
El script está iniciándose
El script está cargado y listo
Función llamada: OnGetScriptMenu
Función llamada: OnEvent_MenuClicked
Función llamada: OnBackgroundWndenEvent_CtrlClicked
Error: El servidor de Automatización no puede crear el objeto (código: -2146827859).
       Archivo: BackgroundAdder.js. Línea: 58.
La función OnBackgroundWndenEvent_CtrlClicked devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567
Error: El servidor de Automatización no puede crear el objeto (código: -2146827859).
La función OnBackgroundWndenEvent_CtrlClicked devolvió un error. Código: -2147352567
Función llamada: OnRemWndenEvent_CtrlClicked

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 01-17-2009 at 07:18 PM

Look at the skin folder, it can be C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\AvalonConcept2009, there is something useful.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by BranDidi on 01-19-2009 at 05:07 AM

How do I make the background my own photo instead of one of the options you give?

I see the "my photo" option, but it just leaves the background blank.

Any ideas?

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by BranDidi on 01-19-2009 at 05:25 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

thnx

Download

i think i've downloaded from this link, i'm 4 ur reply & thnx

It's just that the skin adds too many extra bottons at the stop which squish everything.
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-19-2009 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BranDidi
How do I make the background my own photo instead of one of the options you give?

Any ideas?

If you are under XP you can use this Script

If you are under Vista save your photo as:

Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Avalon Concept 2009\Images\MyOwnBckgrnd.png
RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by SBwlmext on 01-19-2009 at 06:39 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BranDidi

Any ideas?

If you are under XP you can use this Script

If you are under Vista save your photo as:

Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Avalon Concept 2009\Images\MyOwnBckgrnd.png

Hey! I use Vista but your code doesn't work... after trying several times. And I wonder how you can reach a picture of your own from the 'avalon' window..

Anyway could you put up some more black-darker backgrounds please? I use the 'ultimate' now, but it doesn t seem to fit very well...
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 01-19-2009 at 08:04 PM

Copy/Paste the image you want in the location Guena said, and rename it to MyOwnBckgrnd, it has to be a PNG image.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 01-20-2009 at 05:33 PM

Where configuration is saved ? because when i try your skin, we can choose status color, and now i can change this color...

Edit : i've found in registry, but why status color have been deleted ??

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-21-2009 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Where configuration is saved ? because when i try your skin, we can choose status color, and now i can change this color...

Edit : i've found in registry, but why status color have been deleted ??

This option is back in the option panel. Last build: 2.0.7

Download

A VISTA compatible release of the Script (wich allow to add your own picture to backgrounds of the Skin) should be available on thursday morning.
RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 01-22-2009 at 07:15 AM

quote:
This option is back in the option panel. Last build: 2.0.7
Many thanks...
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-22-2009 at 12:57 PM

The Script should work on VISTA now

Please send Feedback

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-22-2009 at 04:00 PM

if you select "Browse" and then don't select any images... the text box just display "False"... :P

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by EagleOne984 on 01-30-2009 at 04:08 PM

Hi...frist of all congratulations for the skin because it's fantastic.
I have installed the latest version (2.0.8), but the options are only in German. How do I change the language of options and get again the English one?
thanks for the help

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-30-2009 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EagleOne984
Hi...frist of all congratulations for the skin because it's fantastic.
I have installed the latest version (2.0.8), but the options are only in German. How do I change the language of options and get again the English one?
thanks for the help

Version 2.0.9 will be available this evening and will fix several small bug. Your problem wich is due to a small error in the SkinInfo file will be solved in this version. Thanks for your feedback, I didn't found this bug before you told me.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by EagleOne984 on 01-30-2009 at 04:48 PM

Ok...thanks for your incredibly fast reply XD
I hope this skin will be the best ever.
thanks

...Maybe then a translation into Italian ihih XD

P.S.: Really great idea to put all the small button for change the status even on the conversation windows, I love that.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-30-2009 at 10:11 PM

Version 2.0.9 is available, no new functions only bug fix and internal modification. To avoid problems please remove previous version before to install version 2.0.9.

RE: RE: Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-30-2009 at 11:21 PM

quote:

Hi warmth,

I receive a lot of mail asking for a spanish version so if you still agree to translate it, it would be great.

If anybody else want to translate it in his own language, everyone is welcome.

Thanks
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 01-30-2009 at 11:24 PM

quote:
quote:

Hi warmth,

I receive a lot of mail asking for a spanish version so if you still agree to translate it, it would be great.

If anybody else want to translate it in his own language, everyone is welcome.

Thanks
Count on me... just PM me...
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by EagleOne984 on 01-31-2009 at 09:30 AM

Hi
I have a request, if is possible ;)
As you can see from this image:

[Image: 51443347ax5.png]

when there are all the icon (event, log, options, script, plus and email)
the box of name and personal message are reduced very much and you cannot even read them. So if you take away some icon then the box expands proportionately.
It would be possible to find a way that the size of the box of name and personal message is independent from the numeber of icon below?

I hope you can understand what I mean cause maybe I haven't explained it very well.

thanks again for your work

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-01-2009 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by EagleOne984
Hi
I have a request, if is possible ;)
As you can see from this image:

[Image: 51443347ax5.png]

when there are all the icon (event, log, options, script, plus and email)
the box of name and personal message are reduced very much and you cannot even read them. So if you take away some icon then the box expands proportionately.
It would be possible to find a way that the size of the box of name and personal message is independent from the numeber of icon below?

I hope you can understand what I mean cause maybe I haven't explained it very well.

thanks again for your work

I'll activate an option(wich is allready ready) to place the buttons in the toolsbar as soon as it will works, probably with MP!L 4.80 but I'm not sur.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-01-2009 at 04:10 PM

Messenger Plus! Live has been updated and allow now to place MP!L button in the contact list toolsbar so I added an option to choose their position.

[Image: toolsbar.png]

Last version of the Skin 2.5.1

MP!L 4.80 must be intalled to use the option.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-01-2009 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Messenger Plus! Live has been updated and allow now to place MP!L button in the contact list toolsbar so I added an option to choose their position.

[Image: toolsbar.png]

Last version of the Skin 2.5.1

Download

MP!L 4.80 must be intalled to use the option.
Nice!
I'll try to include that in My Live o.O
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 02-01-2009 at 04:52 PM

Ok Thanks robert_dll and Guena

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-01-2009 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by insider
First and main'm using a translator, because there is no English, I am from argentina.

Well first congratulate you on your skin or skin, desert is the best so far

My problem is that I want to completely change the skin, but not folders that each thing is, I would appreciate a little explanation about it is that the folders (947, 923, 920, 921) are the main veto but so far only been able to replace the images and background, but I want the 923, how to petition to put a fund to cover the full ECENA image and advertising with a single id, another problem is in the folder 920 I want to change the spectrum of the window where you type your message and where it receives, but that folder is and id.

Please let me make that change nesesito folders for each window and that id have to move for default.

vercion 2.0.9 that the pusite not work for me if the pro vercion 2.0.8 perhaps language.

I'm new at this to create fur and it is not much, just playing enpese.

my ftp site where I put my skin is: http://cid-c9d5f841b6e598c7.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?uc=1

silas look and I say that I can fix bugs, be very happy ....
Also you will find your skin because your vercion no encontravan in English, so the Subi.

Sorry but It seems to be a very bad translation, I don't understand anything, if someone do your help is welcome
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-01-2009 at 05:41 PM

@insider: send me a private message here or in the spanish forum, I can help you, your translation is really bad.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 02-01-2009 at 05:41 PM

ok  Thanks  robert_dll and  Guena

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-01-2009 at 05:47 PM

insider I can help you with that, you shouldn't post in spanish here, wait for my reply in the spanish forum.

@Guena: he said your skin is excellent and he likes it a lot. He is also asking for a windows Ids guide

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-01-2009 at 05:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robert_dll

@Guena: he said your skin is excellent and he likes it a lot. He is also asking for a windows Ids guide

Ok Thanks for your help robert_dll and thanks to you insider

When I'll have time I'll comment all the Skin

New option comming soon:

contact list toolsbar transparency when a background is applied

[Image: transtools.png]

option to choose a background for toast message and the logon window
option to choose the font color of toast message

[Image: logback.png] [Image: toast.png]
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 02-02-2009 at 09:51 PM

Chat window transparency option in the latest version point to a blank option... I just installed it and the default value was a blank text that not even exist in the dropdown menu...

btw you never contacted me about the translation...(N)

Update: seems to be a bug in MP!L that I discovery with your skin applied... there is no tooltips for MP!L buttons (in spanish) neither in contact list nor convo... REPORTED IN BETA FORUMS!

Update2: You should delete the file Read First.txt of the folder or change it text content:

code:
The Script does not work on VISTA
Le Script ne fonctionne pas sur VISTA

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-02-2009 at 10:19 PM

quote:
Update: seems to be a bug in MP!L that I discovery with your skin applied... there is no tooltips for MP!L buttons (in spanish) neither in contact list nor convo...
Plus buttons are removed by Guena's skin, he uses his own buttons, that's why tooltips are not there.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 02-02-2009 at 10:23 PM

quote:
quote:
Update: seems to be a bug in MP!L that I discovery with your skin applied... there is no tooltips for MP!L buttons (in spanish) neither in contact list nor convo...
Plus buttons are removed by Guena's skin, he uses his own buttons, that's why tooltips are not there.
I know that but that doesn't mean that is ok that tooltips aren't appearing...

btw I found another thing weird look the tooltips issue with Unicode in Convo:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=950077]

I am going to report this in beta forums too...
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-02-2009 at 10:55 PM

quote:
Chat window transparency option in the latest version point to a blank option... I just installed it and the default value was a blank text that not even exist in the dropdown menu...

btw you never contacted me about the translation...

The problem of transparency come from a modification in the way it works in the skin, the previous option value saved in the registry in no more used in the last version of the skin and it's why the first time you open the option panel after updating you have a blank value in the dropdown menu.

I didn't contact you for the translation yet because I'm working on a major update (3.0.1) and didn't want to ask you to translate it two time (due to new option). I should have told you before, sorry.

all the bugs in tooltips come from the skin.
A solution would be to create "new" string in the Skin but as far as I know it is not possible.

Version 3.0.1 beta should be available late tonight or tomorrow morning. Of course I will ask you (warmth) to tranlate it if you still agree.

Thanks for your help
Guéna

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 02-02-2009 at 11:01 PM

Of course I am still agree... your welcome my friend... keep doing well...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-02-2009 at 11:46 PM

What I'm going to work on in the coming weeks:

- The Script:
"Avalon Concept 2009 Background adder" was a first step
Next version will offer the ability to download different "package" of background wich will be automaticaly added to the skin by the Script. (I'll need the help of the scripter for that, if someone is interested,you are welcome...)
I will allow users to add several pictures of their choice to the Skin(currently they can only add one picture)

- The Skin:
I'm thinking about several options such as an option to change font police and font size in contact list, an option to remove the scene, an option to add a background for "What's New" . (using why not a picture specificaly added with the Script for that)

My option panel will be soon to small
(It's why I'm thinking about a script with several tab (one for contact list, one for chat window...)wich would replace the option panel...)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-02-2009 at 11:57 PM

quote:
(It's why I'm thinking about a script with several tab (one for contact list, one for chat window...)wich would replace the option panel...)
Yeah... I know how's that...
Things you may want to do:
  • Use less pictures, or no pictures at all (you can use a website for previews)
  • Use less text (You can add "DisHelp" to show the complete description when the option is mouse-hovered)
  • Blend some options into one (like make "Remove Convo/Logon/Contact List window's scene" into "Remove Scenes")

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-03-2009 at 12:07 AM

quote:

(you can use a website for previews)

It's probably what I'm going to do first (I could use the "About" window but I'm not sur it's a good idea)

In fact adding an option to the skin is very fast but each time I spend a very long time to modify the option panel...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-03-2009 at 12:11 AM

quote:
In fact adding an option to the skin is very fast but each time I spend a very long time to modify the option panel...
Do like me:
Release less often, but each time with a bunch of new options.
This way you won't need to always let your options panel perfectly organized, only hen you're gonna release it.
Let images and about window to when you've finished with adding options.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Poom on 02-03-2009 at 02:43 AM

Wow I really love this! I think you need to update the icons for the chat window toolbar though.

Also, why is the plus! icon in the convo to the right of the menu button?? I like it more on the left.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 02-03-2009 at 07:46 AM

Hi Guena, thanks again for your excellent skin...
i have question, why do you use predef 36 colors and not use color selector ?

[Image: 20090203084259qg0.png]

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-03-2009 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Hi Guena, thanks again for your excellent skin...
i have question, why do you use predef 36 colors and not use color selector ?

[Image: 20090203084259qg0.png]

It would be great but it is not possible in a Skin.

Version 3.0.1 beta is available

Avalon Concept 2009-3.0.1beta

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 02-03-2009 at 03:28 PM

wow wow wow !!!!!!!!! I do not speak English.

good, but equal.

:clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow:

I hope to do the same someday.  *-)

just lacking. my picture 1, 2, 3, 4 :D , but I can wait.

wow wow wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again for your excellent skin.

excellent
excellent
excellent
excellent
(Y)

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by musicintentions on 02-03-2009 at 04:00 PM

quote:
What I'm going to work on in the coming weeks:

- The Script:
"Avalon Concept 2009 Background adder" was a first step
Next version will offer the ability to download different "package" of background wich will be automaticaly added to the skin by the Script. (I'll need the help of the scripter for that, if someone is interested,you are welcome...)
I will allow users to add several pictures of their choice to the Skin(currently they can only add one picture)

- The Skin:
I'm thinking about several options such as an option to change font police and font size in contact list, an option to remove the scene, an option to add a background for "What's New" . (using why not a picture specificaly added with the Script for that)

Si j'ai bien compris, il sera bientôt possible d'affecter une scène et/ou un fond d'écran de conversation que l'on désire par contact grâce au prochain nouveau script ?

Sérieusement si c'est bien ca, j'attends cette fonction avec impatience car c'est ce qui me permet de différencier mes contact en un coup d'œil.

Cela ne presse pas, mais l'intégration d'un bouton supprimer serai pamal aussi dans une fenêtre de conversation juste a coté du bouton bloquer ce contact.

Chez Microsoft ils ont pas penser a tout, heureusement que Messenger Plus est là et ses skinner / développeur de script aussi ^^ Merci a toi Guéna
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Andylongi on 02-03-2009 at 09:05 PM

Very good job so far, just one question in the old version there was the possibility to see tiny displaypics in the contactlist could it be done in the new version too?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-03-2009 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andylongi
Very good job so far, just one question in the old version there was the possibility to see tiny displaypics in the contactlist could it be done in the new version too?
Don't know...
Last time I tried to change status icons, it just didn't work at all.
Same with other people
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-03-2009 at 09:32 PM

quote:
Tool-Options-Layout
You can change that there, that option is already included in Messenger

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Andylongi on 02-03-2009 at 09:33 PM

yes i know but they are to big

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-03-2009 at 09:40 PM

quote:
yes i know but they are to big
afaik, it is the minimum size provided by messenger, so skins can't do anything there.
RE: Skin wich only provides Options by milkchocs on 02-04-2009 at 07:41 AM

i know why.
Its because under the directory of \Options\Images in the ZIPped plsk file,
theres a file "Bleu-Vert Fonc?png" and cannot be copied under en-us locale and the installation of theme will stop there, and some files are not copied. so problems arised.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by btr999
hello

Hi,

It probably means that SkinInfo.xml file or Options.xml file is corrupted so the first thing to try is to re-install the skin.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-04-2009 at 11:01 AM

I stop working on the skin for the moment because WLM 14.1 should arrive in February. (specifically 14.0.8059.0127 no new functions only bugs fix )

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Menthix on 02-04-2009 at 11:27 AM

quote:
I stop working on the skin for the moment because WLM 14.1 should arrive in February.
Where did you hear that? Link?

EDIT: Got it... Microsoft finishing up Wave 3 of Windows Live.
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by coolzee on 02-04-2009 at 02:03 PM

quote:
I stop working on the skin for the moment because WLM 14.1 should arrive in February. (specifically 14.0.8059.0127 no new functions only bugs fix )

Thanks for the heads up, its just bug fixes...soo... the skins we made..still works fine with it.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by RebelSean on 02-04-2009 at 02:34 PM

quote:

I'm not sure if you read my article right or not, but I did say two weeks which is not this Friday :p.
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-04-2009 at 02:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:

I'm not sure if you read my article right or not, but I did say two weeks which is not this Friday :p.

I found the information on Pinnula.fr but I never said it should be available this Friday, I said in February so I'm not sure if you read my post right or not. ;)
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by D.A on 02-04-2009 at 03:37 PM

Thank-you so mach

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by RebelSean on 02-04-2009 at 03:51 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:

I found the information on Pinnula.fr but I never said it should be available this Friday, I said in February so I'm not sure if you read my post right or not. ;)

Oops, I guess I need to fully wake up in the morning before I start posting on forums :p.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 02-04-2009 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by About window of Avalon Concept 2009 3.0.1 beta
Special thanks to dotLou for English translation and to Warmth for his help on the forum and the coming spanish translation
Thanks for this my friend... is my pleasure to help you... someday I hope you help me with my skins ;)

Note: I prefer to have the W of warmth in lower case :$
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 02-04-2009 at 10:59 PM

Sorry for double posting :P

quote:
quote:
quote:
I know that but that doesn't mean that is ok that tooltips aren't appearing...

btw I found another thing weird look the tooltips issue with Unicode in Convo:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=950077]

I am going to report this in beta forums too...

quote:
Originally posted by Willz@MP!L Beta Forums
that is not patch's fault. If you grabbed a string that was from a shortcut then you have to add the attribute shortcut=1 to your element. This way the & is removed. Just note that it doesn't always work. It should be fine for the sign out string.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-05-2009 at 12:20 AM

Just look for the not-with-& strings...
The only one there isn't is "Signout", but there's "Exit", that's pretty much the same...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-05-2009 at 01:53 AM

I used the string 770 and I don't have problems

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-05-2009 at 03:35 PM

quote:
I used the string 770 and I don't have problems
That's string Exit...
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-05-2009 at 10:34 PM

quote:
That's string Exit...
I use spanish messenger, that's why I can't see it says "Exit" in the english version.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by msn-fun-de on 02-10-2009 at 09:49 AM

Super Skin, the new version was translated into German.
:D

You're looking for but which script? I write just 2 more to update the script for Nick symbols and icons for the Logon Avavalon Skin, I'm almost fertip svhicke you then Geuná ;)

BG with the possibility to update would be a dynamic solution in question, I just tested with an additional xml file for only the name of the new skins.

The selection also fits especially if a skin update is done

Sorry for my English

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-11-2009 at 04:32 PM

A minor update is available. (3.0.2)

The script allow now to add 3 pictures at the same time to the skin.

I moved the "Time ago" in What's New and it is now always visible (no need to maximise  What's New)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 02-11-2009 at 05:40 PM

wow wow owowowowowwowowo !!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

without words  (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

:bow::bow::bow:

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Mauron on 02-11-2009 at 08:22 PM

the formatting buttons in the conversation windows don't work anymore

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-13-2009 at 01:34 PM

WLM 14.0.206.8064 is available.

No change in ressources but the skin must be updated because of restriction in SkinInfo file.

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by coolzee on 02-13-2009 at 02:13 PM

quote:
WLM 14.0.206.8064 is available.

No change in ressources but the skin must be updated because of restriction in SkinInfo file.

Skin Update

Good thing i didn't restrict my heroes skin to that build. :P
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Mauron on 02-13-2009 at 04:21 PM

I can't manage the disposition of the format buttons anymore, could someone help me?

Edit: Somehow I managed to have back the MP!L icons in conversation window; if someone, for any reason, should find in the same situations, it has to set to 1 the following reg-key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\GlobalSettings\PlusIconsChatWnd

Edit2: At last, I can't manage the disposition of the icons via skin, so I hope someone can help me.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by hubbie on 02-13-2009 at 09:12 PM

@Genua:

09/02/13 22:06:06| **** The trace has started ****
09/02/13 22:06:06| Skin: Avalon Concept 2009 3.0.3
09/02/13 22:06:06| Messenger version: 14.0.206.8064 (nl-nl)
09/02/13 22:06:06| Messenger Plus! version: 4.80.356
09/02/13 22:06:06| Last picture file loaded: 20690
09/02/13 22:06:06| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 920
09/02/13 22:06:06| Attribute pair is invalid. Line (def): 39. Column: 59
09/02/13 22:06:08| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 940
09/02/13 22:06:08| Attribute pair is invalid. Line (style): 380. Column: 1

Nice job so far, great skin (Y)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-15-2009 at 12:44 AM

New option panel coming very soon

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by coolzee on 02-15-2009 at 01:15 AM

Looks good. :D

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-15-2009 at 02:56 AM

Nice panel, I didn't like the name of the skin behind the options in the old panel. Looks great now (y)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-15-2009 at 03:18 AM

It could look even better if you skinned Plus! Windows =P
Buts its pretty cool by now! great work.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 02-15-2009 at 04:55 AM

Now looks way more pro ;)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 02-15-2009 at 08:09 AM

I like the futur option panel !!!

(bug: ads in convo still there after reg file)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by callistra on 02-15-2009 at 10:22 AM

Wow, what an essential. Thanks!

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-15-2009 at 03:23 PM

Version 3.5.1 with new option panel is ready.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Jimbo on 02-15-2009 at 03:32 PM

Great update dude :)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by DennisMartijn on 02-15-2009 at 05:01 PM

Great update =D *mind taking a look at my options panel bug thread?*

When the database is back online, I will make some modifications to your skin regarding spelling mistakes. The first combobox control: "In the toolsbar" should be "In the Toolbar". And "Disactivated" should be "Disabled" ;)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 02-15-2009 at 08:15 PM

Little bug about convo button, i can't display icon or icon+text...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-15-2009 at 09:10 PM

I've just discovered that Skin Halo 2009 use my files without authorisation, thanks or credits...
I'm very sad because I spend a lot of time working on my skin :(

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-15-2009 at 09:14 PM

quote:
I've just discovered that Skin Halo 2009 use my files without authorisation, thanks or credits...
Menthix can remove it from db, unfortunately there are more skins based on yours, on My Live and on FC Barcelona 2009 (mine) published on Taringa.net, but moderators don't reply me.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-15-2009 at 09:29 PM

My skin isn't based on Guena's! ;p
Why do you think that?

quote:
quote:
Menthix can remove it from db, unfortunately there are more skins based on yours, My Live and FC Barcelona 2009 (mine) published on Taringa.net, but moderators don't reply me.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-15-2009 at 09:32 PM

I said there are skins based on Avalon, based on My Live and based on FCB 2009, sorry :P

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-15-2009 at 09:37 PM

quote:
I said there are skins based on Avalon, based on My Live and based on FCB 2009, sorry :P
Oh =P The way you wrote it didn't let that very clear...
Oh, yeah, derivative works are pretty common... in deviantart for example, there are TONS of them.
Do you now anymore skins in the database that are using resources without asking for permissions?
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 02-15-2009 at 09:47 PM

uuuu. I did not ask permission, but the details are minimal. not only of your skin. of others  well.   
therefore, I ask permoso to use those resources.

but he is still beta. but. if someone feels offended, tell me now.

Also. so  ask for help in finishing it.

http://cid-c9d5f841b6e598c7.skydrive.live.com/sel...nsider|_combo.plsk

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 02-15-2009 at 09:52 PM

quote:
uuuu. I did not ask permission, but the details are minimal. not only of your skin. of others  well.   
therefore, I ask permoso to use those resources.

but he is still beta. but. if someone feels offended, tell me now.

Also. so  ask for help in finishing it.

http://cid-c9d5f841b6e598c7.skydrive.live.com/sel...nsider|_combo.plsk
No matter how minimum details are, someone may have spent hours doing it. You should ALWAYS ask for permission, at least.
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-17-2009 at 01:14 PM

quote:

bug: ads in convo still there after reg file

Please check that the Chat Background option value is not empty.
Set it as "None" or anything else but don't leave it empty.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Menthix on 02-17-2009 at 01:53 PM

quote:
quote:
Menthix can remove it from db, unfortunately there are more skins based on yours, on My Live and on FC Barcelona 2009 (mine) published on Taringa.net, but moderators don't reply me.
Halo 2009 is removed now. Let me know when there are other rips on the DB.
RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 02-17-2009 at 02:11 PM

quote:
quote:

(Y) Now ads are removed and icon are display !!! Thanks

Just add option to display my own toast image and your skin will be GRANDIOSE
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Lizard on 02-17-2009 at 04:43 PM

Ah, that explained why messenger would shutdown here.

After setting the chat background to none, messenger doesn't quit anymore.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by chocolatbleu on 02-17-2009 at 05:20 PM

Hello !

I've got a matter with the background, I don't find where I can add an image for the background "Mon image 1". When I choose "Mon image 1"  for background, it's white...
Do you know where I can add an image, please??
(I have the french version)

En français:

Bonjour !

J'ai un problème avec l'arrière-plan, je ne trouve pas où je peux ajouter une image pour l'arrière-plan "Mon image 1". Quand je choisis "Mon image 1" comme arrière-plan, c'est blanc...
Vous savez où je peux ajouter une image, s'il-vous-plaît??

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 02-17-2009 at 05:30 PM

You need to use the script to add picture and after select Mon image 1...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by chocolatbleu on 02-17-2009 at 05:34 PM

Which script ?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 02-17-2009 at 05:36 PM

http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/163917156...nConcept2009fr.htm

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by chocolatbleu on 02-17-2009 at 06:35 PM

Thank you ! :D

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by parabel on 02-18-2009 at 02:10 AM

Cool skin, thanks!
But unfortunately it restores the advertisement at the bottom of the contact list when you had it removed with A-Patch. Even when you run A-Patch after the skin is in effect, it still shows the advertisement as long as the skin is active. When I change to the default skin, the ad is removed, but with Avalon Concept 2009 active, it's there again.. :(
Maybe there is a way that you can leave it removed when it has been removed with A-Patch?

Versions:
WLM 14.0.8064.0206
A-Patch 1.43 Build 2
Avalon Concept 2009 3.5.2

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by SamPHETZ on 02-18-2009 at 03:49 AM

I have only been using this skin for a day or so, and am already a massive fan of the many options. I would, however, like to request an additional option which would allow one to disable the status-frame around display pictures in conversations, to make them appear blue in keeping with the WLM 2009 theme.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 02-18-2009 at 03:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by parabel
But unfortunately it restores the advertisement at the bottom of the contact list when you had it removed with A-Patch.
That happens because Messenger loads skin files instead of its own resources, those resources are the ones modified by A-Patch. Maybe if you look for some reg files in the folder of the skin...:P

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by inter_a on 02-18-2009 at 06:41 AM

Nice work on the skin...its great!
How bout an option to remove the MPL icon from conversation windows. The one at the top-right of the window just under the x (close button)
I couldnt find the option in the MPL settings..maybe i missed it?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by moltes on 02-18-2009 at 06:06 PM

hi,

this skin is great, but i'm experiencing problems with that.

All the options of the main window (hide/display icons, add background, change texts color, ...) work but the ones of the conversation window (hide icons, center menus, move avatars to the right side, ...) do not work !

I'm using wlm 2009 (last update done) and the last version of msg plus! live.

Thanks for giving help:)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 02-18-2009 at 07:49 PM

Try this...

quote:
quote:
quote:

(Y) Now ads are removed and icon are display !!! Thanks

Just add option to display my own toast image and your skin will be GRANDIOSE

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by moltes on 02-18-2009 at 11:12 PM

it works ! thank you very much albator :-)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by scotlady on 02-19-2009 at 01:32 PM

Do u think the new upgraded msn has something to do with the fact I cant change the display pics & chat box around? I've been getting help via PM but it still wont change them about.

I redownloaded Avalon and tried the DP thingy but nope :S

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by djdannyp on 02-19-2009 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scotlady
Do u think the new upgraded msn has something to do with the fact I cant change the display pics & chat box around? I've been getting help via PM but it still wont change them about.

I redownloaded Avalon and tried the DP thingy but nope :S

Try it using this link
http://www.archive-host.com/compteur.php?url=http...lonConcept2009.zip
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-19-2009 at 04:35 PM

A new version of the script is available with a "Fix" function for people who have trouble in chat window after updating the Skin. The fix function restore the right default value for Chat Window background option in the registry.

I'll add later (probably tomorrow) a function to reset every value to default value.

Next week I'll add a function to automaticaly set the best value for font color for each Buddy List Background .

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-25-2009 at 11:07 PM

A new version (3.6.1) is available.
New option: Font Size, Font Weight, Font Style in Buddy List

[Image: font.png]

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Andylongi on 02-25-2009 at 11:15 PM

nice so far but one question will you try one day to do something with the scenes? they doesnt fit to the rest of your or most of the others skins which are made till now.

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-25-2009 at 11:20 PM

quote:
nice so far but one question will you try one day to do something with the scenes? they doesnt fit to the rest of your or most of the others skins which are made till now.

Yes, I'll add soon an option to remove the scene.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 02-26-2009 at 12:11 AM

Is there any way that you add on option to add a button in convo to delete that contact... I know I should know cause I am a skinner :P but I have been so far from skins from awhile that I can't remember if there is a id to that... jajajaja

RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 02-27-2009 at 03:43 PM

quote:
quote:

Yes, I'll add soon an option to remove the scene.

Option will be available on Monday

quote:
Is there any way that you add on option to add a button in convo to delete that contact... I know I should know cause I am a skinner  but I have been so far from skins from awhile that I can't remember if there is a id to that... jajajaja

I' ll try to do it.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Albator V on 02-28-2009 at 10:04 AM

Hi Guena, can you add something about personnal toast picture.
when i update your skin, personnal toast picture is clean to default toast :(

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 03-02-2009 at 11:48 PM

Version 4.0.1 is available. The Skin and the Script have been updated

Option added to Skin: remove Scene in Logon Window, Chat Window and Contact List.

Function added to the Script: A function to restore in one click your pictures wich are erased at each Skin update. (This function won't work this time, it will only work for future update of the skin)

PS: warmth I didn't work yet on the delete button in chat window but I'll do it soon.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Andylongi on 03-02-2009 at 11:58 PM

Looks much much better now with out the scenes thanks but there is still one thing hopy you can change it too im using tabs there is still the blue from the scenes  behind the names on the top of the message windows.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 03-03-2009 at 02:32 AM

quote:
PS: warmth I didn't work yet on the delete button in chat window but I'll do it soon.
Don't worry dude... is ok...

remember to tell me when the skin and script is ready to be translated for me...

Note: btw is me or you are abusing of the increase of the version number of this skin :P??? If this was my skin the major uptade you did replacing the style of option panel bg and other stuff was blissful of being called 1.5... so this version 1.5.1... What will happen when another version of WLM comes out... for example 2010??? the skin will be at its 30.0.0 version lol... I am just kidding with you my friend but is an advice for you too... maybe you should rename this latest version to a smaller number and just increase the build number each time...
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by -Az- on 03-03-2009 at 09:36 AM

i'm having a problem with the latest version

[Image: 30113444.th.png]

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by inter_a on 03-03-2009 at 12:43 PM

why isnt there an option to remove the MPL icon at the top-right of the conversation window - just under the x (close button)...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 03-04-2009 at 05:26 PM

cool. excellent. The new 4.0.2 is excellent.
and i,  yet in the fight whit my skin.

excellent. [Image: banana_cool.gif]

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 03-05-2009 at 10:38 PM

Hi,

Version 4.0.3 is available. I would need feedback of Vista user. Please remove previous version of the skin before before installing version 4.0.3.
Backgrounds are now applied to the Window bar too (except if you use your own picture), it works fine under XP but I don't know if it works under vista.
Scene must ne set to default scene and removed in the skin option panel.

Thanks

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by lordtinuviel on 03-06-2009 at 12:40 AM

where are the thing to get rid of the other thing lol

Win7

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Aki_toy on 03-06-2009 at 04:03 PM

Is in Spanish? ^o)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 03-06-2009 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Aki_toy
Is in Spanish? ^o)
Afaik warmth will work on the spanish translation.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by parabel on 03-07-2009 at 03:33 PM

I have noticed that, when this skin is active, Messenger doesn't save the history (or whatever it's called in the English version) of the messages that have been sent and received.
The Plus! history still saves them, but when I open a new conversation window with someone, the last few lines of the last conversation are not really from the last conversation but they're from the last conversation I had before activating the skin. When I go back to the standard skin again, the history works again.
I don't know it it's a specific problem with this skin or with skins in general since I only use this one...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 03-07-2009 at 05:19 PM

Chat Log working here with this skin, I doubt your problem is related with skinning.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by moltes on 03-09-2009 at 02:10 AM

hi,

very good job guéna, you rock !:D
each update comes with new options, that's cool:)

I have a small suggestion (don't know how difficult it is). It's about the status shortcuts :
for the contact list window we are allowed to choose which shortcut to display, but not for the chat window, we can only choose the position.
Is is possible to add this option in the chat window settings ?

thanks,

bye !

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Frackounet on 03-09-2009 at 09:42 AM

quote:

Backgrounds are now applied to the Window bar too (except if you use your own picture), it works fine under XP but I don't know if it works under vista.
Scene must ne set to default scene and removed in the skin option panel.

It works very fine and with my own picture to :o

But your restart messenger after changes is bugged.
If i say "yes" it doesn't restart, so i close it manually, relaunch it. And it close after few seconds (i think it's your restart option but too late :p)

Now my question :)

Is it possible to center the wlm ad-tabs?

---------------------------------
Bon ben les fonds d'écran marche nickel sous vista et ça marche aussi avec mes propres images :o

Mais ton option pour redémarrer WLM après les changements a un problème. Quand je dis de redémarrer après les changements, ça ne fonctionne pas alors, je ferme WLM manuellement, le relance, et là après quelques secondes WLM se ferme et je suis obligé de le relancer. Ca fesait deja ça avec la version précédente.

Sinon c'est possible une option pour centrer la barre des onglets de la liste de contacts?
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 03-09-2009 at 04:26 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aki_toy
Is in Spanish? ^o)
Afaik warmth will work on the spanish translation.

Yes I will... at some point I will... I am just waiting for Guena to ask me for it... :$
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by IA015 on 03-09-2009 at 07:36 PM

Hey guéna, Can I remove this black shadow under this text?

Look at the screenshot and please replay :)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by aZnBmOnEy on 03-10-2009 at 06:41 AM

I can't find the register file to remove the ad anymore? Is there some way we can get that? Thanks.

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Frackounet on 03-10-2009 at 12:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aZnBmOnEy
I can't find the register file to remove the ad anymore? Is there some way we can get that? Thanks.

Hi, close Messenger, go to "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Avalon Concept 2009\Definitions_14"

Open the file "msgres_def_923.xml" (right click, modify)

Search for
XML code:
<*PlusSkin Conditions(BLHideAd = false)*>LayoutPos=client </*PlusSkin*>

and change to

XML code:
<*PlusSkin Conditions(BLHideAd = false)*>LayoutPos=none </*PlusSkin*>

save change, relaunch Messenger and Enjoy :)
RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by aZnBmOnEy on 03-10-2009 at 03:30 PM

Thanks, but it didn't work =(

Btw, I was referring to the ad in the contact list window.

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by djdannyp on 03-10-2009 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Thanks, but it didn't work =(

Btw, I was referring to the ad in the contact list window.

quote:
Originally posted by Frackounet
quote:

Hi, close Messenger, go to "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Skins\Avalon Concept 2009\Definitions_14"

Search for
code:

and change to

code:

That is talking about the contact list.  Did you definitely make that exact change?  changing "client" to "none"?

You have to close and open Messenger again before it will make a difference
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by aZnBmOnEy on 03-10-2009 at 03:41 PM

Thanks, I reinstalled the skin and not it works. Is there anyway to get rid of that little space thought? I think there is a previous post on it, but I didn't see a solution.

Thanks for the help!

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by djdannyp on 03-10-2009 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Thanks, I reinstalled the skin and not it works. Is there anyway to get rid of that little space thought? I think there is a previous post on it, but I didn't see a solution.

You don't have to re-install the skin.....you have to follow these instructions.  Re-installing the skin won't change anything

quote:
Originally posted by Frackounet

Search for
code:

and change to

code:

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by aZnBmOnEy on 03-10-2009 at 04:17 PM

Sorry, I meant to say NOW it works. I think I installed something that was interfering w/ the skin, so I had to reinstall it. Thanks again. Any idea on how to solve the spacing at the bottom of the window? I attached a picture to show what I'm talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp

You don't have to re-install the skin.....you have to follow these instructions.  Re-installing the skin won't change anything

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 03-10-2009 at 04:32 PM

def 923

XML code:
<Element layoutpos=bottom layout=BorderLayout() id=atom(TabsAndAds)>
<element background=rcbkd("msgr",627) height=0 layoutpos=none/>

layoutpos=bottomlayoutpos=none

XML code:
<Element layoutpos=none layout=BorderLayout() id=atom(TabsAndAds)>

;)

edit: thus :P
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by aZnBmOnEy on 03-10-2009 at 04:43 PM

Thanks! It's really amazing that you guys know how to do all this. (Y)

Another stupid question. What about the ad line on the bottom of conversation window.

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I check the box for "Messenger Plus! Live Settings" under the conversation window option, it doesn't show up in the actual conv. window. But the format panel, scripts, etc. works fine. I attached a screenshot. Thanks.

quote:
def 923

<Element layoutpos=bottom layout=BorderLayout() id=atom(TabsAndAds)>

layoutpos=bottomlayoutpos=none

<Element layoutpos=none layout=BorderLayout() id=atom(TabsAndAds)>

;)

RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by djdannyp on 03-10-2009 at 06:26 PM

quote:
What about the ad line on the bottom of conversation window.

Look in the 920 definition file and change

XML code:
<Element layoutpos=[b]bottom[/b] padding=Rect(4,0,4,4) layout=FillLayout() background=rcbkd(20851) id=atom(adbannergutter)>

to

XML code:
<Element layoutpos=[b]none[/b] padding=Rect(4,0,4,4) layout=FillLayout() background=rcbkd(20851) id=atom(adbannergutter)>

quote:

Also, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I check the box for "Messenger Plus! Live Settings" under the conversation window option, it doesn't show up in the actual conv. window. But the format panel, scripts, etc. works fine. I attached a screenshot. Thanks.

That may well be a bug with the skin.....have to wait to see if anyone else can confirm.

PS: Insider, could you PLEASE put skinning code inside [code=xml][/code] tags as it makes it MUCH easier to read.  I have asked this before :)
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Frackounet on 03-10-2009 at 07:35 PM

And how to center tabs!? O_o pls :p

RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by aZnBmOnEy on 03-10-2009 at 10:33 PM

quote:
quote:

That may well be a bug with the skin.....have to wait to see if anyone else can confirm.

Can anyone else confirm this bug? Or is it just me? Thanks.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 03-10-2009 at 10:41 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Can anyone else confirm this bug? Or is it just me? Thanks.

yes. Also I got it. would have to wait for an update.

Meanwhile press Alt :P
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 03-10-2009 at 10:54 PM

forgiveness for re post but I found it. :P
at the top. next to the menu, just enlarge the window.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by CookieRevised on 03-10-2009 at 11:20 PM

nice skin...

Some quick suggestion in regards to the UI though: Change the way the checkboxes are used for the Messenger Plus! options.

As it is now, almost every option in the option panel is to _hide or change_ something, and thus isn't ticked by default. But in the Messenger Plus! categories it is the other way around; every option here is to _show or keep as default_ something and thus is ticked by default.

It would be less confusing and more consistant with the overall scheme if all the checkbox options (thus incl. those for Messenger Plus!) are to _hide_ something.

In that way, every option works in the same way and you don't need to think like "if I select this checkbox, does that mean it will hide the thing or does that mean it will show the thing as default?". Thus in that way nothing is checked by default and you can see extremely quickly (without looking at the categories) which option is enabled and thus which is hiding something...

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by aZnBmOnEy on 03-11-2009 at 02:07 AM

quote:
forgiveness for re post but I found it. :P
at the top. next to the menu, just enlarge the window.

I think it is suppose to be by the other plus buttons to be consistent? For example, i always hide my toolbar that's on the top on the window.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 03-11-2009 at 02:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
nice skin...

Some quick suggestion in regards to the UI though: Change the way the checkboxes are used for the Messenger Plus! options.

As it is now, almost every option in the option panel is to _hide or change_ something, and thus isn't ticked by default. But in the Messenger Plus! categories it is the other way around; every option here is to _show or keep as default_ something and thus is ticked by default.

It would be less confusing and more consistant with the overall scheme if all the checkbox options (thus incl. those for Messenger Plus!) are to _hide_ something.

In that way, every option works in the same way and you don't need to think like "if I select this checkbox, does that mean it will hide the thing or does that mean it will show the thing as default?". Thus in that way nothing is checked by default and you can see extremely quickly (without looking at the categories) which option is enabled and thus which is hiding something...
I am with you Cookie... ;) always giving great comments!
RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by insider on 03-11-2009 at 02:29 AM

quote:

I think it is suppose to be by the other plus buttons to be consistent? For example, i always hide my toolbar that's on the top on the window.

if good, but. Also the emotions are up and down after.
but it could put the icon for the plus! with others, indeed I did. and is not see too bad.
so as not to ever leave  to see the icon.

but all this depends on Guena.

for me the options window is very clear and precise.

I have only one suggestion. the text color of the toasts. only change a part, but depending on the color image of the other texts are not read, use the Ultimate picture and see what I say.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Qck on 03-26-2009 at 11:44 AM

First of all, great skin :D The only problem i found was the chatwindow. There were still open and unused spaces, so i modified the chatwindow a bit :D Here's a screenie of it, the blue 'v' is a send button.
(Might want to implement something like this as a "micro chatwindow" option, would be great!)

Cheers!

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Mauron on 03-26-2009 at 01:18 PM

I've a problem too: the skin doesn't apply to the conversation windows.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by musicintentions on 04-01-2009 at 09:59 AM

Au fait, pourquoi tu proposes pas d'utiliser les arrières plan de la fenêtre de conversation de base de messenger en pleine fenêtre plutôt d'une seule et même image pour tous les contacts ?

Les skins Ev0 4.0.2 et LTD 1.0.1 on déjà cette possibilité.

Cela fait un bon moment qu'il n'y a pas de MAJn j'espère que tout vas bien et bonne continuation. ^^

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 04-01-2009 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by musicintentions
Au fait, pourquoi tu proposes pas d'utiliser les arrières plan de la fenêtre de conversation de base de messenger en pleine fenêtre plutôt d'une seule et même image pour tous les contacts ?

Les skins Ev0 4.0.2 et LTD 1.0.1 on déjà cette possibilité.

Cela fait un bon moment qu'il n'y a pas de MAJn j'espère que tout vas bien et bonne continuation. ^^
Hey musicintentions sorry but this is and english only forum!!! translate your post or it will be deleted!!!
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 04-09-2009 at 08:18 AM

Hi,

New versions of the Skin and the Script are available.
The Script allow now to import different "Package" of backgrounds in the the Skin to replace original pictures of the Skin.
The first package available contain Nature and Landscape pictures.

[Image: back.png]

Download

Skin+Script

Package

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Andylongi on 04-10-2009 at 12:49 PM

I really like it but i have a problem im using tab chats and there is the blue colour where is files etc would it be possible to change this colour so that it fits to the others (like it was in MSN 8,5)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by tuningjg on 04-13-2009 at 11:18 AM

hi
i have a question how do you insert your own pictures as a background

in your msn skin

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Andylongi on 04-13-2009 at 12:33 PM

You have to use the script for it which you can download with this skin.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by tuningjg on 04-14-2009 at 11:59 AM

but now i still don't understand how to insert a picture :$

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Aki_toy on 04-15-2009 at 07:09 PM

quote:
Hi,

New versions of the Skin and the Script are available.
The Script allow now to import different "Package" of backgrounds in the the Skin to replace original pictures of the Skin.
The first package available contain Nature and Landscape pictures.

[Image: back.png]

Download

Skin+Script

Package

as installing?
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by tuningjg on 04-15-2009 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tuningjg
but now i still don't understand how to insert a picture :$

i found out how it worked so ;)

never mind :p
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by lordtinuviel on 04-16-2009 at 09:29 PM

I think I found a bug, is there a way to fix this?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by karelvuong on 04-17-2009 at 12:46 AM

Found a bug, what's up with this?

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 04-17-2009 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by karelvuong
Found a bug, what's up with this?

It is not a bug, you have just to set the conversation background as "None" instead of "My Picture #" in the option panel.
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 04-17-2009 at 07:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordtinuviel

You can use the file in attachment.
RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by lordtinuviel on 04-17-2009 at 06:10 PM

quote:
quote:

thanks...

how can I get rid of the Ad in the Convo Window? I was able to remove the ad in the Contact list but can't get rid of the one in the convo (the text message)

Another thing, in the options panel I select Hide Information bar and is still showing in the Convo, any ideas why? thanks
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 04-17-2009 at 09:01 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

thanks...

how can I get rid of the Ad in the Convo Window? I was able to remove the ad in the Contact list but can't get rid of the one in the convo (the text message)

Another thing, in the options panel I select Hide Information bar and is still showing in the Convo, any ideas why? thanks

Check the value of the conversation window background and the conversation window transparency, I think the problem come from there.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by lordtinuviel on 04-17-2009 at 09:38 PM

I'm not using transparency, BTW Vista64bit (if that makes a difference)

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 04-17-2009 at 10:15 PM

quote:
I'm not using transparency, BTW Vista64bit (if that makes a difference)

Could you please send me a screenshot of the option panel of the Skin.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by lordtinuviel on 04-17-2009 at 10:21 PM

here it is

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by caz15th on 04-22-2009 at 12:34 PM

How do you add your own pictures? I have already downloaded and installed the script, but I'm not sure where you find the option to add your own pictures. I noticed in the drop down menus there's options saying "My Picture 1, 2..." etc, but I don't know how to add a picture to the script/skin so I can use it.

Can someone help please?

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by caz15th on 04-23-2009 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by caz15th
How do you add your own pictures? I have already downloaded and installed the script, but I'm not sure where you find the option to add your own pictures. I noticed in the drop down menus there's options saying "My Picture 1, 2..." etc, but I don't know how to add a picture to the script/skin so I can use it.

Can someone help please?

Never mind, I worked it out. To those that are confused, on your main contacts page, look beside the green tick symbol which takes you automatically to the Avalon Concept Skin Preferences. To the right of it is three cubes piled into a rough triangle. Click on it, click your mouse on Avalon Concept 2009 Background Adder option, and select Add my Pictures to Avalon Concept 2009.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by splinter98 on 04-27-2009 at 01:57 PM

First of all, can I say great skin, and is perfect for tweaking msn to the perfect layout.

I however seem to have found an annoying bug:

the chat window DP alignment is ignored when the chat window toolbar button display is set to text only (is fine for the other 2 options).

Currently that is my only annoyance other than that great skin, and keep up the good work!

EDIT: There was also a trace error (which looking at the skin seems related)

code:
**** The trace has started ****
Skin: Avalon Concept 2009 4.0.4
Messenger version: 14.0.206.8064 (en-us)
Messenger Plus! version: 4.81.358
SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 920
Missing < opening character. Line (def): 888. Column: 10
**** The trace has ended ****

Splinter98
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Vilkku on 04-28-2009 at 06:19 AM

Right, there is one thing that annoys me in this skin - the text size. By default, it increases the text size of the contact names in the contact list, and the lowest you can change it to is 10 (I think default is 9).

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 04-28-2009 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Right, there is one thing that annoys me in this skin - the text size. By default, it increases the text size of the contact names in the contact list, and the lowest you can change it to is 10 (I think default is 9).

The lowest you can change it to is 5.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by etxeberria on 04-30-2009 at 03:49 AM

I was just prompted to install the updated version of Avalon Concept 2009.

It downloaded, and now my window backgrounds are completely blank. I've set them to "my picture 1," etc., but they're still showing up as white, with no background. I'm not sure if something changed with the update, because my backgrounds worked perfectly just five minutes ago.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Aki_toy on 05-08-2009 at 05:17 PM

Is it available in Spanish?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by fr3ako on 05-10-2009 at 02:44 PM

There is a bug with the skin now if i am not wrong.

If you select "Text only" under the option "Chat Window Toolbar Button Display", you will not be able to show the "Chat Log" button or hide any of the default "Messenger Plus! Live Options"

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by splinter98 on 05-10-2009 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fr3ako

If you select "Text only" under the option "Chat Window Toolbar Button Display", you will not be able to show the "Chat Log" button or hide any of the default "Messenger Plus! Live Options"

That seems related to the bug I posted above
RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by fr3ako on 05-10-2009 at 03:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by splinter98
quote:

Yes. It is. Basically I tested some stuff out and no image changes to the chat window can be changed if you select "Text only" for the "Chat Window Toolbar Button Display"
RE: RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 05-11-2009 at 11:15 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by splinter98
quote:

Yes. It is. Basically I tested some stuff out and no image changes to the chat window can be changed if you select "Text only" for the "Chat Window Toolbar Button Display"

Bug found and fixed, update here
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 05-12-2009 at 08:42 PM

After the latest update I couldn't see my CL anymore :( and I found this in the folder but is some kind of old stuff...

code:
09/02/04 13:10:00| **** The trace has started ****
09/02/04 13:10:00| Skin: Avalon Concept 2009 3.0.1 beta
09/02/04 13:10:00| Messenger version: 14.0.1202.8050 (es-es_tradnl)
09/02/04 13:10:00| Messenger Plus! version: 4.80.356
09/02/04 13:10:00| Last picture file loaded: 20690
09/02/04 13:10:00| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 920
09/02/04 13:10:00| Attribute pair is invalid. Line (def): 39. Column: 59
09/02/04 14:02:37| **** The trace has ended ****

09/02/07 08:45:28| **** The trace has started ****
09/02/07 08:45:28| Skin: Avalon Concept 2009 3.0.1 beta
09/02/07 08:45:28| Messenger version: 14.0.1202.8050 (es-es_tradnl)
09/02/07 08:45:28| Messenger Plus! version: 4.80.356
09/02/07 08:45:28| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 920
09/02/07 08:45:28| Internal error (0x80027002)
09/02/07 10:09:48| **** The trace has ended ****

this is how it looks after signing in...

[Image: 33wp62q.jpg]

btw Guena... I've never received anything to do the translation at this point... :( neither a commandment :P
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Stoozor on 05-15-2009 at 04:17 PM

I don't know if it has been suggested... please add make it possible to bring back the status buddy icons instead of those stupid meaningless little gems.

Or maybe does something like that already exist... I don't know which terms to look up in search.

D:

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Pyr0 on 05-16-2009 at 07:46 PM

Hi, your skin is simply amazing, but how can you fix the text field in conversations when the display pictures are on the right?

[Image: bugx.jpg]

greets

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Schnappi on 05-22-2009 at 03:35 PM

what's the difference between Avalon Concept 2009-4.0.4.408 and
Avalon Concept 2009-4.0.4.409

great skin btw, it would better if u can include mini popup tooltips for the other toolbar buttons as well instead of WLM's defaults.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Schnappi on 05-22-2009 at 05:02 PM

current bugs for v4.0.4 build 409 :

-contact list & chat window messenger plus! live settings button not working
-chat window transparency not working, on win xp sp3
-text field box slightly off position when dp displayed on the right

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 05-22-2009 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pyr0
Hi, your skin is simply amazing, but how can you fix the text field in conversations when the display pictures are on the right?

[Image: bugx.jpg]

greets
He didn't remove a piece of code wich includes somethig about a "beak". Just wait till he fixes it =P
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 05-22-2009 at 10:13 PM

quote:
He didn't remove a piece of code wich includes somethig about a "beak".
He did it, but he still needs to edit the background image.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 05-22-2009 at 10:17 PM

quote:
He did it, but he still needs to edit the background image.
There's no background image =)
When the "beak" image is removed, you've just got to link the "with dp" background to the "without dp" in the Style File.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by robert_dll on 05-22-2009 at 10:26 PM

quote:
There's no background image =)
I'm talking about the inputarea one, the "WithDP" and "Without DP" backgrounds

quote:
When the "beak" image is removed, you've just got to link the "with dp" background to the "without dp" in the Style File.
I didn't think on that when I posted :P
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Novox on 05-23-2009 at 05:23 PM

Is it possible to patch the skin for enable thumbnail icon in front of the contact name and add the "open my received file" in the toolbar just like MessPatch???

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 05-23-2009 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Novox
Is it possible to patch the skin for enable thumbnail icon in front of the contact name and add the "open my received file" in the toolbar just like MessPatch???
Nope. for both.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Aki_toy on 06-02-2009 at 07:31 PM

sorry for being weighed, but, when a new version in Spanish? :S

sorry for my english, but, I am using Google Translator :)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 06-03-2009 at 07:51 AM

My computer is out of order, and i'm going to wait till 7 before to buy a new one so I won't work on the skin before November.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by andrey on 09-18-2009 at 02:14 PM

With WLM 14.0.0726, when you set "Chat Window Toolbar Button Display" to "Text only", the 'DP on the Right' option doesn't work anymore :sad:

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by fr3ako on 09-19-2009 at 01:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrey
With WLM 14.0.0726, when you set "Chat Window Toolbar Button Display" to "Text only", the 'DP on the Right' option doesn't work anymore :sad:

Its a known issue here. yeps. It should work if you set it to the other 2 options.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 09-19-2009 at 07:36 PM

send button will be available in a few days.
If someone want a new option it is time to ask.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by pgcohen on 09-21-2009 at 07:19 PM

Hi

My name is Paula and I want to congratulate Guena for his job.
I want to hide the Windows Live Messenger advertisement from your skin, could you tell me how to do that?

I will appreciate you answer me (and understand my english)

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 09-22-2009 at 02:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pgcohen
Hi

My name is Paula and I want to congratulate Guena for his job.
I want to hide the Windows Live Messenger advertisement from your skin, could you tell me how to do that?

I will appreciate you answer me (and understand my english)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by rpolo77 on 09-26-2009 at 10:25 PM

Edit

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by pgcohen on 09-28-2009 at 01:54 PM

The link does not work... I can't open the page...

Thanks...

RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Toxn on 09-28-2009 at 08:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by simmie
quote:
send button will be available in a few days.
If someone want a new option it is time to ask.
Why it takes so long? :P
Could be he is busy, he hasnt had time to finish or start it yet, or Menthix hasn't updated the database yet.

just wait it out. its not like its a need to have feature. you can live without it.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by rpolo77 on 09-30-2009 at 09:22 AM

Would i t be posible an ption to change conversation window icon to reflect contact status?

Thank you, great skin here

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 10-01-2009 at 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rpolo77
Would i t be posible an ption to change conversation window icon to reflect contact status?
Yes, but with scripts.
It does exist in fact, if I find it will post the link here.
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Moh on 10-01-2009 at 10:33 PM

quote:
quote:
Yes, but with scripts.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=87...d=938760#pid938760
RE: RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by rpolo77 on 10-01-2009 at 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Moh
quote:
quote:
Yes, but with scripts.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=87...d=938760#pid938760

Thanks
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 10-02-2009 at 10:43 AM

soon ready

[Image: sndbton.png]

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by NoWhereMan on 10-02-2009 at 12:54 PM

how can I make it use the usual frame for the toolbar containing the searchbox in contact list? I mean, without any border, as in WLM2009 ?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 10-05-2009 at 08:24 PM

Hi,

Avalon Concept 2009 is going to change of name to become soon
"Messenger Live Toolbox".

The Script Avalon Concept 2009 Background Adder become "MLT Add-On"

The script is now able to display the thumbail of the picture you add to the Skin in the option panel of the skin.

Both of them are still in beta stage but if you want to test take a look here.

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 10-05-2009 at 08:51 PM

quote:
I hate myself very match with my stupid questions, but... where is the option for place a send button? :$

[Image: sendbutton.png]
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Schnappi on 10-06-2009 at 11:41 AM

thanks.

so what's new in this new version?

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Toxn on 10-06-2009 at 07:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Schnappi
thanks.

so what's new in this new version?

Skin
Mostly new backgrounds

Script
Basicly allows you to easy add your own backgrounds for contact, login, toast, and chat.

Its pretty good if you want your own skin but dont want to make it yourself.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 10-07-2009 at 12:08 AM

These are very good news Guena!

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Schnappi on 10-12-2009 at 05:52 AM

Is it possible to remove/beautify the parts circled in the pic below?

[Image: 2nj9jdv.jpg]

[Image: vrauz7.jpg]

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Sugarfix on 10-14-2009 at 07:48 PM

When I try to add a  picture I get "PNG Save Error !" :(

Any ideas why this is happening & how it can be fixed?*-)

Thanks!

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 10-21-2009 at 10:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sugarfix
When I try to add a  picture I get "PNG Save Error !" :(

Any ideas why this is happening & how it can be fixed?*-)

Thanks!

Close the option panel of the skin when you add a picture with the script and it should work properly.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Sugarfix on 10-22-2009 at 01:37 AM

Nope, I just tried it again & never had the options menu open either time. I keep getting the same error! ^o)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Kimball on 10-28-2009 at 06:05 PM

is it possible to remove the bottom live banner @ the contact window? I think Ive seen some skins without it? With that option, this skin would be MORE than the most optimal ever :)

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Sugarfix on 10-28-2009 at 06:46 PM

Just wanted to say I got it working after & it works great! Got a nice setup on the go there now! lol thanks

I'm wondering the same as Kimball though, would be great to have that banner gone!;)

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 10-28-2009 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kimball
is it possible to remove the bottom live banner @ the contact window? I think Ive seen some skins without it? With that option, this skin would be MORE than the most optimal ever :)

The script made to work with the skin provides the option you want and several others. The last one added allow to remove Messenger Aero Frame in Vista and Seven. You can download it here.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Kimball on 10-29-2009 at 02:44 PM

OOOOH YES! I love you :)

RE: hello i have a problem by striil on 11-06-2009 at 07:35 AM

how can i display that option window

I alrready install the skin but when i click on the skin options
its pop-up a diferent option window

its really short of the options and I want to modify other things in my MSN but whit that options i can
can you help me please.

this is the option menu that i have

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Chris4 on 11-06-2009 at 07:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by striil
how can i display that option window

I alrready install the skin but when i click on the skin options
its pop-up a diferent option window

its really short of the options and I want to modify other things in my MSN but whit that options i can
can you help me please.

this is the option menu that i have
Make sure you've got this skin installed, then it'll ask you to restart Messenger. Then once signed in, you'll see a green tick button on your contacts list, which will bring up the big options window.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by striil on 11-06-2009 at 07:48 AM

quote:
Hi,

I've just finished the first version of a "Skin" for the last  public beta of Messenger which does not change the appearance of the different windows but only provides option to hide several button.

I join a screenshot of the option window

EDIT: It's a screenshot of the last version 3.5.1 released 02-15-09

Guéna

how can i get that option window
i have another one and its to reduced options
i put it on a attachment file

if you can help me will be great.

thank you.

...DANNY...
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Chronia on 11-06-2009 at 07:50 AM

So far I like what I see, but it would be nice to provide some documentation or a help file to explain what all these different options are. For example what in the world is a "toast"? obviously you don't mean the edible kind. I'm still trying to figure out how to apply a background image to the chat window, but choosing from images I have stored on my computer rather than the default ones that come with the skin. I notice there are 4 options to use "My Picture". I assume this means an image I choose from my own pictures, but I can't figure out how to do that. Do I have to save the image I want to use to a different part of my computer? Some where in the skin files perhaps? Can anyone help me with this and explain how that all works?

Alot of the options are self explanatory and the skin itself is great and got rid of most of the things I hate about the new version so far. However not all the options are clear as to what they are so a little documentation would be great.

Edit: Also I just noticed, another option that would be great would be to move the message that lets you know when someone is typing and the time stamp that lets you know when your last message received/sent was to the bottom of the window beneath the emote, wink and other buttons.

Also it seems none of the toasts options are working. I tried changing them to several of the default pictures, changing the font size and colour but nothing changed anywhere that I could see. I thought perhaps if I changed the settings I'd see what a toast was but, when I changed the settings nothing changed so I've no idea what's going on there or if these settings are even working at all.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by routergod on 11-14-2009 at 01:49 PM

hello, i am having trouble to import the Windows Seven pictures theme.  the Avalon Concept 2009 and MLT Default are working fine.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by routergod on 11-16-2009 at 05:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chronia
So far I like what I see, but it would be nice to provide some documentation or a help file to explain what all these different options are. For example what in the world is a "toast"? obviously you don't mean the edible kind. I'm still trying to figure out how to apply a background image to the chat window, but choosing from images I have stored on my computer rather than the default ones that come with the skin. I notice there are 4 options to use "My Picture". I assume this means an image I choose from my own pictures, but I can't figure out how to do that. Do I have to save the image I want to use to a different part of my computer? Some where in the skin files perhaps? Can anyone help me with this and explain how that all works?

Alot of the options are self explanatory and the skin itself is great and got rid of most of the things I hate about the new version so far. However not all the options are clear as to what they are so a little documentation would be great.

Edit: Also I just noticed, another option that would be great would be to move the message that lets you know when someone is typing and the time stamp that lets you know when your last message received/sent was to the bottom of the window beneath the emote, wink and other buttons.

Also it seems none of the toasts options are working. I tried changing them to several of the default pictures, changing the font size and colour but nothing changed anywhere that I could see. I thought perhaps if I changed the settings I'd see what a toast was but, when I changed the settings nothing changed so I've no idea what's going on there or if these settings are even working at all.

toasts are the little notification popups by the system tray that happen when someone logs on or off, sends a message, a mail is received, etc

to add your own pictures into the ones available for the current theme to use, click the scripts icon on the main contact list window, it's a little stack of three cubes just left of the Add a Contact icon, you should get a menu of the things each running script provides to do, and in the MLT Add-On should be theme and picture management, thats where you add your own pics to the current theme or load a different theme.

edit to add it realizes to me that the scripts button placement may vary depending on your settings, but hopeful i am that i gave enough information for you to find it.

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Chronia on 11-18-2009 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by routergod
to add your own pictures into the ones available for the current theme to use, click the scripts icon on the main contact list window, it's a little stack of three cubes just left of the Add a Contact icon, you should get a menu of the things each running script provides to do, and in the MLT Add-On should be theme and picture management, thats where you add your own pics to the current theme or load a different theme.

edit to add it realizes to me that the scripts button placement may vary depending on your settings, but hopeful i am that i gave enough information for you to find it.

I was able to find the scripts button but am confused from there. When I click the scripts button I only get two options: add exciting new features to messenger and get new scripts. Both of these options take me to the same webpage to download new scripts. There is no option to view which scripts I currently have running with the Avalon skin. Not sure what or where the MLT add on is and saw no option for theme and picture management to add my own pictures.

I only have the messenger plus and the avalon skin installed for messenger add-ons and that's it, do I need to install something else? is the MLT add on something I have to download? or am I just not finding it?

Some more detailed information in finding these locations would be appreciated.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 11-18-2009 at 08:20 PM

Hi,

I do not support  Avalon any more wich has been replaced by Messenger Live Toolbox. (not yet submitted to the database, I'm waiting for translation).

You can download it there.

The Script MLT Add-On replace Avalon Concept Background Adder with more function. The last one added allow any body to create a simple skin (but not to submit it to the official plus! database).

[Image: addbacken.png]   [Image: skinmakeren.png]

Guéna.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Aki_toy on 11-21-2009 at 09:31 AM

Is it possible?

[Image: capturahide.png]

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by blessedguy on 11-28-2009 at 03:53 PM

quote:
I have found a bug... When i hide dots, then copy and past text, then i see stars like this before the first word: *

Can you fix it?
Actually, that is added by Messenger Plus!, and not by the skin, which means it is not a bug (and not removeable)
RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 01-20-2010 at 08:54 PM

quote:
There is a new update of 1 - 17 - 2010
What is new in this version?

nothing you can see
update does not mean new option
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Sugarfix on 10-11-2010 at 03:42 PM

I use windows 7, and when I try to disable the ad in the contact list, nothing happens, it just doesn't work for me...?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by matty on 10-11-2010 at 03:52 PM

Skins are not designed to work on WLM 14 or WLM 15.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 10-23-2010 at 03:55 PM

Update for WLM 15 in progress...

[Image: 2011.jpg]

[Image: 2011-2.jpg]

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Menthix on 10-23-2010 at 05:03 PM

Hmm, the scripts button is working i see. Any chance you can make the Plus! buttons work in the conversation window? Without a skin those aren't visible anywhere.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Nagamasa on 10-26-2010 at 01:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Menthix
Hmm, the scripts button is working i see. Any chance you can make the Plus! buttons work in the conversation window? Without a skin those aren't visible anywhere.
Nagamasa's reply to Plus 4.9 on WLM 2011. Which features work and which ones don't
cmid=7802 does not do anything. It used to be the cmid for Plus! icon in the conversation window.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 10-31-2010 at 01:58 AM

[Image: main11.png]

RE: RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by coolzee on 11-03-2010 at 12:56 AM

quote:
[Image: main11.png]

How did you remove/replace the white area/bg of the contact list area? I only manage to replace the scene, search, bottom area/bg. Look at my lion skin thread for pictures reference.

Thanks!

coolzee.
RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Guena on 11-28-2010 at 06:10 PM

BETA available
Works with WLM 2009 and WLM 2011

Some options do not work yet with WLM 2011

You can download it here.

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Sugarfix on 11-28-2010 at 06:29 PM

Thank-you works great, but can you tell me what the exact size is for the contact list picture?

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by warmth on 12-01-2010 at 08:50 PM

Downloading...

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by thomasisonmp on 02-13-2011 at 01:36 PM

Hello :) Please add fonction on the panel to change the emoticons like Pulse skin to get back old emoticon on MSN 2011

RE: [Released]Skin wich only provides Options by Frackounet on 02-14-2011 at 03:42 PM

Hi i got an error with Messenger Live Toolbox 6.0.602

quote:
11/02/14 16:33:01| **** The trace has started ****
11/02/14 16:33:01| Skin: Messenger Live Toolbox 6.0
11/02/14 16:33:01| Messenger version: 15.4.1109.3508 (fr-fr)
11/02/14 16:33:01| Messenger Plus! version: 5.00.702
11/02/14 16:33:01| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 923
11/02/14 16:33:01| Attribute pair is invalid. Line (def): 847. Column: 122
11/02/14 16:33:50| SkinLoader: couldn't encode data for window 920
11/02/14 16:33:50| Invalid parameter for resource include. Line (def): 410. Column: 76
11/02/14 16:34:50| **** The trace has ended ****