Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger Help Needed! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger Help Needed! (/showthread.php?tid=87144)

Windows Live Messenger Help Needed! by silent-viper on 11-07-2008 at 09:02 PM

When i enter anything into the email address part of the sign in on windows live messenger there is a 2 - 3 second delay before it enters what i have pressed (same for deleting data from the box).

I have tred reinstalling windows live messenger several times and i have also tried updating to the new windows live messenger beta.

There is also internet activity when the lag occurs which makes me think that it could be a key logger.

I have tried scanning my system with serveral scanners but found nothing.

What should i do?

Thank a lot! :)

RE: Windows Live Messenger 3 Help Needed! by The Alpha Gamer on 11-08-2008 at 01:07 AM

First of all, there's no such version of WLM. Second, that sounds like CPU lag, not internet lag. What's your CPU usage when it happens?

RE: Windows Live Messenger 3 Help Needed! by Willz on 11-08-2008 at 01:14 AM

Its a beta version of messenger you are using of course it will have its performance issues. That's why its called a beta. Any performance issues would obviously be more noticeable on an older computer, so if you have a fairly older computer then yeah that is your problem.

If you can't stand the lag then go back to the latest stable version of Messenger. Which at the moment is 8.5.

You can get it from http://get.live.com/

RE: Windows Live Messenger Help Needed! by silent-viper on 11-08-2008 at 12:35 PM

No i have just started to have this problem when i was actually running 8.5, it was running fine before. I only updated to the beta to see if it fixed the issue i was having.

This is how it is

1. Was running WLM perfectly fine
2. Computer messed up a bit (presumed virus attack)
3. WLM started to lag and show internet activity even without hitting sign in and also with no other programs running.
4. Scanned and removed several viruses, malware, spyware
5. WLM continued to have the same problems
6. Updated to WLM Beta to see if it fixed my problem
7. Problem remained present.

RE: Windows Live Messenger Help Needed! by silent-viper on 11-08-2008 at 10:42 PM

Anyone have any ideas? Sorry about the bump