Shoutbox

Wireless Keyboard - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Wireless Keyboard (/showthread.php?tid=87192)

Wireless Keyboard by Eddie on 11-10-2008 at 12:38 PM

Hello folks,

Not sure if it is meant to do this but, whenever i come to the "Choose Operating System Menu" or choose "Boot Device" menu's after the bios, my wireless keyboard no longer works, neither does my mouse, is there a reason why my wireless keyboard would work everywhere else except these steps?

RE: Wireless Keyboard by Mnjul on 11-10-2008 at 01:03 PM

Are they USB? If so, there should be "Enable USB Keyboard" and "Enable USB Mouse" options to turn on in BIOS.

RE: Wireless Keyboard by Eddie on 11-10-2008 at 01:10 PM

Yes they are USB, and i checked the bios, but i cant seem to find these options your mentioning, where about would they be? :S

RE: Wireless Keyboard by Mnjul on 11-10-2008 at 01:16 PM

It depends on your BIOS..can be "Advanced", "Peripherals" or something.

The option can also be "Enable legacy USB support".

RE: Wireless Keyboard by Eddie on 11-10-2008 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul

Alright thanks, will look it up on my next reboot :)
RE: Wireless Keyboard by djdannyp on 11-10-2008 at 01:59 PM

I've had bizarre problems at work with USB keyboards during startup, such as working in the BIOS, then cutting out at an OS selection screen/log on screen, etc

All USB options enabled in BIOS, etc.....in the end I just had to use a PS/2 keyboard instead.

That's why at home I've always had USB keyboards/mice plugged through PS/2 converts.....seems pointless wasting 2 USB ports on my computer when there's PS/2 ports that would otherwise sit there doing nothing :P

RE: Wireless Keyboard by Eddie on 11-10-2008 at 03:11 PM

Don't know if this will effect it, but its a Logitech one where both the mouse and keyboard connect to the same thing, would this cause an issue, and would a PS/2 convert work with this sort of thing?

RE: RE: Wireless Keyboard by djdannyp on 11-10-2008 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Don't know if this will effect it, but its a Logitech one where both the mouse and keyboard connect to the same thing, would this cause an issue, and would a PS/2 convert work with this sort of thing?

Mine is logitech and uses the same thing for both the keyboard and mouse, shouldn't cause an issue at all.

I can't say 100%, but i'm 99% sure that mine is using a PS/2 converter
RE: Wireless Keyboard by Eddie on 11-11-2008 at 04:02 AM

quote:
Are they USB? If so, there should be "Enable USB Keyboard" and "Enable USB Mouse" options to turn on in BIOS.
quote:

Both of these were unsuccesful. I will suppose i have to look into obtaining a PS/2 Convert from somewhere.