Shoutbox

cam icon or logo - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: cam icon or logo (/showthread.php?tid=87228)

cam icon or logo by RonaldBarber on 11-11-2008 at 11:44 PM

Hello I have a question.   Is it possible that a there is a webcam icon underneath sombodys picture on messenger if the cam is not connected to the pc?  The cam is installed but not connected?

Thank you for your answer.

RE: cam icon or logo by Quantum on 11-11-2008 at 11:52 PM

I'm pritty sure it can be done with skins.

RE: cam icon or logo by RonaldBarber on 11-11-2008 at 11:55 PM

did not understand your reply.  I ment the following.  I am talking to somebody on messenger.  I see a cam icon under there picture.  But the person tells me that the cam is not connected to the pc.  Is this possible?   Thanks again.

RE: cam icon or logo by Quantum on 11-11-2008 at 11:56 PM

So you want to see there cam icon all the time no matter what?

RE: cam icon or logo by Lou on 11-12-2008 at 12:43 AM

It could very well be possible that the icon shows anyway. It's probably not a perfect system. So yes, it's possible.

RE: cam icon or logo by Menthix on 11-12-2008 at 01:25 AM

Messenger used to think my TV card was a webcam. I could actually use it as webcam and show my contacts TV channels :D.

But yeah, Messenger's webcam detection is far from perfect. What you're describing is very possible.

RE: RE: cam icon or logo by UltraSteve3050 on 11-12-2008 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Messenger used to think my TV card was a webcam. I could actually use it as webcam and show my contacts TV channels :D.

But yeah, Messenger's webcam detection is far from perfect. What you're describing is very possible.

That's pretty much what happens with mine, when people click to view my webcam they can watch what Im watching XD On a side note, does anyone know if you can set it up so that the other person could hear sound?