Shoutbox

Any way to use basic USB MP3 player as a bridge for audio? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Any way to use basic USB MP3 player as a bridge for audio? (/showthread.php?tid=87247)

Any way to use basic USB MP3 player as a bridge for audio? by Curtis on 11-13-2008 at 12:19 AM

Well some of you should know about my audio problem.  I've come up with a temporary solution which is to use one of those USB Audio adapters.  But since I'm poor, I was wondering if there is any way I can use my crappy little MP3 player as a bridge, where I plug it into the USB slot, plug headphones into MP3 player, and the output will be from my computer rather than the MP3 player itself.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it'd be nice to know if it was and if so, how.

RE: Any way to use basic USB MP3 player as a bridge for audio? by prashker on 11-13-2008 at 12:23 AM

Just get a USB headset, they're cheap, and don't MP3 players go into some lame "File Transfer Mode" when you try and transfer things.

I doubt it's possible at all :p

RE: Any way to use basic USB MP3 player as a bridge for audio? by Curtis on 11-13-2008 at 12:36 AM

I don't want a USB headset though.
1. That requires me to spend money.
2. I want to use my own headphones.j

RE: Any way to use basic USB MP3 player as a bridge for audio? by prashker on 11-13-2008 at 12:46 AM

Sell your mp3 player (a)

RE: Any way to use basic USB MP3 player as a bridge for audio? by ShawnZ on 11-13-2008 at 01:20 AM

you mean, use your mp3 player as a USB sound card? not possible :p