Shoutbox

CES 2009 anyone? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: CES 2009 anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=87256)

CES 2009 anyone? by RebelSean on 11-13-2008 at 08:18 PM

I and a few others are almost certain that we'll be attending CES 2009 in Vegas in two months. The dates are Jan. 8 - Jan. 11th, cost is $100 + trip to Vegas.

Anyone here thinking or know they'll be attending :)?

RE: CES 2009 anyone? by albert on 11-13-2008 at 08:22 PM

Find me tickets and I'm coming. :(
I thought this was only opened to companies?

Wow. It's actually not.
* albert starts looking for plane tickets.

edit:

wow. about 500$ tickets + 100$ ces + 100$ room 1 night.
Hm. Getting a little expensive..
* albert looks for someone to come with.

RE: CES 2009 anyone? by RebelSean on 11-13-2008 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
Find me tickets and I'm coming. :(
I thought this was only opened to companies?

Wow. It's actually not.
* albert starts looking for plane tickets.

edit:

wow. about 500$ tickets + 100$ ces + 100$ room 1 night.
Hm. Getting a little expensive..
* albert looks for someone to come with.

Tis what I'm trying to do. Split the hotel with someone, and it'll be an affordable trip.
RE: CES 2009 anyone? by prashker on 11-13-2008 at 09:00 PM

I'm going...........NAAAAAAT

edit: I was kinda hoping someone to reply about my hidden text....but yeah I'm not actually going, but it would be fun to see if it was all expenses paid (a)

RE: CES 2009 anyone? by albert on 11-14-2008 at 01:03 AM

PLEASE NOTE: The International CES is not open to the general public and all attendees must be affiliated professionally with the consumer electronics (CE) industry to be eligible to attend the show. Due to the investment made by our exhibitors, International CES show management wants to ensure that its attendees are members of the trade. All attendees must provide two forms of ID: one photo ID and the other proving their affiliation with the CE industry (pay stub, business card, etc.). Attendees will not be allowed into the 2009 International CES without these two forms of ID.

Should I just say "crap" ?!
I work at futureshop.. Shouldn't that work?

RE: CES 2009 anyone? by Dane on 11-14-2008 at 04:21 AM

quote:

Yes, FutureShop works...bring a futureshop pay stup.  I work for Best Buy (who owns futureshop, coincidentally) and I may be attending.
RE: CES 2009 anyone? by Adeptus on 11-14-2008 at 05:36 AM

I will see if I can get the firm to pay for it and if I can fit it on my schedule with the other commitments I already have for January.

If I can make it and anyone wishes to share the room with me, it should be free to you -- all my expenses will be fully reimbursed.

RE: CES 2009 anyone? by RebelSean on 11-14-2008 at 10:22 PM

quote:
PLEASE NOTE: The International CES is not open to the general public and all attendees must be affiliated professionally with the consumer electronics (CE) industry to be eligible to attend the show. Due to the investment made by our exhibitors, International CES show management wants to ensure that its attendees are members of the trade. All attendees must provide two forms of ID: one photo ID and the other proving their affiliation with the CE industry (pay stub, business card, etc.). Attendees will not be allowed into the 2009 International CES without these two forms of ID.

According to quite a few friends, they never ID you once you get your badge, so don't worry about not having proper ID :p.
RE: CES 2009 anyone? by John Anderton on 11-15-2008 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
quote:

According to quite a few friends, they never ID you once you get your badge, so don't worry about not having proper ID :p.
So a student like me can't get in? Damn...
I wasn't planning to get in this year because the flight tickets from India would kill me.. but I was thinking of this next year [:)]