Shoutbox

Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... (/showthread.php?tid=87261)

Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by matt on 11-14-2008 at 02:06 AM

[Image: fuckingerrorfy6.th.png][Image: thpix.gif] Please click to expand so you can see better.

I have been doing my research for f***n' 3 hours.  not flat out really, but have not find anything to handle this damn error.    i get the same when i try to get into hotmail account and gmail.    i can't also get into messenger and can't download other things.

i have this dell optiplex that i just re-formated and i'm installing all the drivers and shit. 

any ideas? tks guys...

RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by Chris4 on 11-14-2008 at 02:21 AM

First question you know I'm going to ask...

Does any other browser work? Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.

RE: RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by matt on 11-14-2008 at 02:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
First question you know I'm going to ask...

Does any other browser work? Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.

more or less dude.  i did tried with internet explorer and basically it tells me that the web pages i'm trying to see are insecure...

didn't check firefox tho... but i don't really think the browser is the problem.  could be, i'm going to try firefox right now.  i never had this problem before...

tks for answering tho...

[Image: internetbrowserjs0.th.png][Image: thpix.gif] here is the error with internet explorer 7

RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by blackjack on 11-14-2008 at 02:46 AM

Check with your isp, probably its blocking something.. maybe?
or your host file is messed up

It happens only with those sites?

RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by Chris4 on 11-14-2008 at 02:51 AM

A Google search for the IE error tells me the solution :).

Check your time and date!

"Security certificates are issued for given time periods. If IE determines that the current time (from your client computer) does not fall into the server certificate time range, it will give this error. In my case, I had accidentaly changed my local computer clock to the wrong year. Correcting this resolved the problem."

And looking at the time you edited the post and when the screenshot were taken, it looks a bit off. ;)

RE: RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by matt on 11-14-2008 at 02:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by blackjack
Check with your isp, probably its blocking something.. maybe?
or your host file is messed up

It happens only with those sites?

MMH, yeh maybe.  how can i see what is blocked and what isn't...

yes, it only happens with hotmail, gmail, when i try to get into messenger 9, trying downloading torrents (just doesn't download or upload), mmm.  that all by now...

p.s. hola Don. jack! long time :).

quote:

"Security certificates are issued for given time periods. If IE determines that the current time (from your client computer) does not fall into the server certificate time range, it will give this error. In my case, I had accidentaly changed my local computer clock to the wrong year. Correcting this resolved the problem."

And looking at the time you edited the post and when the screenshot were taken, it looks a bit off. ;)

wow.  this problem was  REALLY stupid.  thank you very much dude.  i just changed my date, from 2007 to 2008........................................................................ :P

RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by NiteMare on 11-14-2008 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MerK

quote:

wow.  this problem was  REALLY stupid.  thank you very much dude.  i just changed my date, from 2007 to 2008........................................................................ :P
it happens because the security certificates are dated, so if your system time does not match the actual time then the certificate looks expired, even if your system time is set to the past
RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by Pyro on 12-21-2008 at 01:21 PM

hi im getting a similar error but i cant even connect to local network resourses via http but windows shares, ftp ping works. is anyone having these sort of problems?

am running vista ultimate

RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by ShawnZ on 12-21-2008 at 02:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pyro
hi im getting a similar error but i cant even connect to local network resourses via http but windows shares, ftp ping works. is anyone having these sort of problems?

am running vista ultimate

then it's not a similar error. it's a completely different error.

quote:
Originally posted by matt
[Image: fuckingerrorfy6.th.png][Image: thpix.gif] Please click to expand so you can see better.

I have been doing my research for f***n' 3 hours.  not flat out really, but have not find anything to handle this damn error.    i get the same when i try to get into hotmail account and gmail.    i can't also get into messenger and can't download other things.

i have this dell optiplex that i just re-formated and i'm installing all the drivers and shit. 

any ideas? tks guys...

WTF? why are you using safari? :-/
RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by matt on 12-23-2008 at 01:40 AM

yeah.... safari. why?

RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by Chris4 on 12-23-2008 at 03:48 AM

quote:
yeah.... safari. why?
He asked why are you using Sarari.

I wouldn't recommend using it either tbh.
RE: RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by matt on 12-23-2008 at 04:39 AM

quote:
quote:
yeah.... safari. why?
He asked why are you using Sarari.

my bad.  i read it quickly and did not see. 

i liked safari, but it is too slow actually... :(

but why you ask?

Edit: I read what Chris4 sent me.  --- - question answered.  I'm using Internet Explorer 7 now.
RE: Tech problem: Can't get into Hotmail, Gmail, Messenger... by Adeptus on 12-23-2008 at 05:08 AM

quote:
For what it's worth, I don't think the two reasons the PayPal representative gives in that article are very serious or even valid.

I personally always turn the so called "phishing filters" off because I can't be bothered with all the alerts they generate for perfectly legitimate sites. 

As for the green address bar for EV certificates, if I am in doubt, I can read the certificate details.  I suppose it may give a warm, fuzzy feeling to some, but if EV has any value at all, it is when dealing with a completely unknown website.  It simply means a stricter policy of certificate issuance.

I find that article objectionable because it makes the implication that Safari is somehow vulnerable -- when in fact it is not, it just doesn't have some features aimed at compensating for user stupidity and of questionable value even at that.