Shoutbox

Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! (/showthread.php?tid=87271)

Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by Nathan on 11-14-2008 at 09:38 PM

Hey,

I was looking for stat center before, and then I realised once I found it, that chestah had discontinued it due to lack of time and what not.
Well the thing is, I'd love it to be continued, and due to lack of knowledge - I thought maybe we could get a few developers to chuck a few main features that everyone would love.

For example:
A way of interacting with everyone that has stat center so that certain features inside stat center can update themselves for everyone else. So each email address can have a profile page, and if they don't have stat center installed it will show the info _you_ know. And if they have stat center you can buzz them (with a button) and it requests their information, and it can tell you:
- How long you've been on msn in total
- Number of messages sent, and other similar such as words, chars etc.
- Number of contacts
- All the different names, psm they have used etc.

And backup features etc, anymore ideas?

I think it's got plenty of potential, and if a few people want to take it upon themselves to implement a few new features we would all be happy.

Heck, I could help make a website for all stat center users, that shows all the data I mentioned above added together, from all the contacts that have stat center... I think it would be interesting to see...

who's with me, and more importantly who's up for helping?

Link to script: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=69754

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by andrewdodd13 on 11-14-2008 at 10:23 PM

Sure, coding is fun.

Link to the original script. :)

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by prashker on 11-14-2008 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Sure, coding is fun.

Link to the original script. :)
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=69754
RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by matty on 11-14-2008 at 10:32 PM

If guidance is needed I can lend a hand however I don't have time to code an entire feature for it. This Screenshot Sender update is killing me and I want to get it off my plate!

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by roflmao456 on 11-14-2008 at 10:34 PM

il help :)

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by prashker on 11-14-2008 at 10:36 PM

I love the idea (I still use Stats Center).

Just remember to make sure it can accept old information (aka if you're changing the way it logs information have it transfer the information from the old script :p).

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by Basilis on 11-15-2008 at 11:08 AM

I am offering to translate it in Greek if you want. It should definitely be translated to other languages in my opinion.

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by Mike on 11-16-2008 at 05:33 PM

I don't like the way Stat center works :P
It creates many little files inside its folder.
Also, if it has logged many changes, it will take many seconds to load the file, and in the end, it might fail.

It should be recoded to use MySQL (or SQLite) :P

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by Nathan on 11-16-2008 at 08:25 PM

Feel free to start from scratch, and throw all the ideas in :p

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by Quantum on 11-17-2008 at 12:12 AM

I would help for anything other than the coding :P

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by robert_dll on 11-17-2008 at 12:21 AM

If you plan to add more languages to it, I can help with the spanish translation :)

RE: Stat Center - Let's gather a few people up! by Spunky on 11-17-2008 at 12:29 AM

If only I had the time... I'm willing to help out on WLM like matty said, just let me know if I'm wanted :p