Shoutbox

Tabbed Chats... :( - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed Chats... :( (/showthread.php?tid=87294)

Tabbed Chats... :( by Grimsybaby on 11-16-2008 at 07:12 PM

Its really weird, i have installed Windows live messanger 9 beta ( the latest version ) and the msgplus ( beta version  as it works with the msn 9 ) and the only thing that i find wrong is the tabbed chats get smaller everytime i click to another chat window :s

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by Basilis on 11-16-2008 at 08:07 PM

If you have MessengerDiscovery installed, it probably causes the problem since it has been reported that it conflicts with the tabs feature of Plus! :)

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by Grimsybaby on 11-16-2008 at 08:31 PM

oh and where could i find this ? lol

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by djdannyp on 11-16-2008 at 08:37 PM

Messenger Discovery Live is another add-on for Windows Live Messenger.  Go to your Add/Remove Programs (called 'Programs and Features' on Vista) in the Control Panel and uninstall it and then tabbed chats should work as normal

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by Grimsybaby on 11-17-2008 at 12:12 AM

oh no i havent downloaded anything other then Messenger Plus. :) so is their any other reason why this has happend ?

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by Grimsybaby on 11-17-2008 at 06:07 PM

ummmm..... kindah getting annoyed with this now, i havent got anything like smilycentral or that discovery thing i only download the Messenger Plus and the msn beta, and im getting fed up or have to resive the chats everytime i move to speak to another person :(

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by djdannyp on 11-17-2008 at 08:11 PM

Can you post a screenshot of what happens please?

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by Grimsybaby on 11-19-2008 at 09:39 PM

ok not sure if you'll notice it through a picture but ull notice a slight differnce. ( i only croped the picture for the chat i havent edited anything )

[Image: msnplus.jpg]
[Image: msnplus2.jpg]
[Image: msnplus3.jpg]
[Image: msnplus4.jpg]

i am hopeing you'll notice the tabes are slightly shorter in every picture.

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by pollolibredegrasa on 11-19-2008 at 09:56 PM

Do you use WindowBlinds? This was a known issue if you had WindowBlinds installed, however I was under the impression it was fixed. IIRC, The only way to solve it was to add WLM/MSN to the exception list.

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by Grimsybaby on 11-20-2008 at 11:06 AM

umm i have something called Stardock MyColors but this worked with the non-beta version of msn

RE: RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by djdannyp on 11-20-2008 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Grimsybaby
umm i have something called Stardock MyColors but this worked with the non-beta version of msn

Try removing it and see if the problem still occurs
RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by Grimsybaby on 11-20-2008 at 04:50 PM

:o chears removing it worked, and when it unistalled an msdos box showed, saying windows blinds <something> has been removed but all working good now XD, :( lost my amazing theme though lol, but all good, do you recken you'll be able to patch this up ?

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by pollolibredegrasa on 11-20-2008 at 05:01 PM

Did you try adding the Windows Live Messenger .exe to the exclusion list within MyColors? This works for WindowBlinds and so should also (i assume) work with MyColors, and as a bonus you get to keep your theme...

RE: Tabbed Chats... :( by Grimsybaby on 11-20-2008 at 10:29 PM

LMAO, i never thought of that !!! aha im so silly XD